NOS Primavera Porto

Justiceforcedave

3 hours ago, xxialac said:

Total disorganisation.

Last year: 16 January

This year - March (and more than a month after Barcelona, despite having far fewer bands to schedule)

It´s all marketing, a lot of people will only go there because of Lorde and hip hop acts, they want to sell 3 day tickets as much as they can and then day tickets. 

On 2/28/2018 at 8:01 PM, maksym26 said:

It´s all marketing, a lot of people will only go there because of Lorde and hip hop acts, they want to sell 3 day tickets as much as they can and then day tickets. 

I've got nothing against Lorde and she's got a good voice but her songs are pretty bland and I get the impression she's going to draw a crowd of overexcited teenage girls which is not NPS' normal audience.

On 21/02/2018 at 5:13 PM, Johnny Shelby said:

Does anyone know anything about this band?

https://www.nosprimaverasound.com/2018_artists?id=19&lang=en

I've searched all over the internet (Google, YouTube, Facebook, Spotify) and I found zero information about the band or the members.

Maybe I'm tripping, but could this be a surprise act of a big band with a fake name (like arcade fire surprise gig last year)?

https://www.publico.pt/2018/03/02/culturaipsilon/entrevista/londres-alentejo-lisboa-e-agora-o-mundo-para-os-foreign-poetry-1804671

12 hours ago, xxialac said:

I've got nothing against Lorde and she's got a good voice but her songs are pretty bland and I get the impression she's going to draw a crowd of overexcited teenage girls which is not NPS' normal audience.

mate have you even listened to Melodrama? 

• Upvote 1

OK, I'll give it another spin and willing to be wrong. To my ears it''s a lot better than something like Taylor Swift but is still radio friendly, relatively unchallenging pop. Pop has its place and nothing wrong with it. My point is more that she seems to attract some fans who talk a lot about fangirling and other such drivel, (which is not something you would ever get with a My Bloody Valentine type band). The issue is that we get an audience that day of teenagers that will be excited about seeing her but who spend the rest of the day chatting over everyone else's sets.

Edited by xxialac

Good to see you're willing to give it another shot, and if it's not for you, that's cool. You've also made a good distinction between your posts - unchallenging != bland - so, I guess you get it.

I've no idea what the crowd is like having never been before but I get the feeling we'll probably be alright. Can't comment with any certainty ofc. The eternal barometer, Facebook, isn't exactly inundated with these 'fangirls', for what it's worth.

4 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Good to see you're willing to give it another shot, and if it's not for you, that's cool. You've also made a good distinction between your posts - unchallenging != bland - so, I guess you get it.

I've no idea what the crowd is like having never been before but I get the feeling we'll probably be alright. Can't comment with any certainty ofc. The eternal barometer, Facebook, isn't exactly inundated with these 'fangirls', for what it's worth.

Fair enough, I'm probably wrong about all this!

I've been a couple of times and the crowd was impeccable on both occasions but the lineup was much, more indie-focused and aimed at a more mature i.e. older audience.

On 3/1/2018 at 10:40 PM, xxialac said:

I already saw her  in Rock in Rio Lisbon  2014  in the same day as Arcade Fire and Ed Sheeran.  The only show  with a crowd of overexcited teenage girls  was Ed Sheeran (worst gig of my life) .  Lorde show had a normal audience

9 hours ago, Tigane said:

I already saw her  in Rock in Rio Lisbon  2014  in the same day as Arcade Fire and Ed Sheeran.  The only show  with a crowd of overexcited teenage girls  was Ed Sheeran (worst gig of my life) .  Lorde show had a normal audience

That's good to know. Thanks for the reassurance!

1 hour ago, Justiceforcedave said:

Superorganism looking pretty good too and loving the most recent album by Waxahatchee.

Anyone got anything else they'd recommend or we could grumble about the lack of day splits some more?

Love both of those.

I'd also recommend Rolling Blackouts Coastal Fever, and Starcrawler's live performance is not to be missed.

I'm assuming everyone already knows that Ezra Furman is the greatest thing on the line-up, right? I'll have already seen him seven times this year before I get to Porto, but he'll still be No. 1 on my must-see list.

18 minutes ago, Suggestives said:

Love both of those.

I'd also recommend Rolling Blackouts Coastal Fever, and Starcrawler's live performance is not to be missed.

I'm assuming everyone already knows that Ezra Furman is the greatest thing on the line-up, right? I'll have already seen him seven times this year before I get to Porto, but he'll still be No. 1 on my must-see list.

I'd second RBCF and Starcrawler - both really good live. Wolf Parade have a lot of cracking songs, Father John Misty is a great performer and Breeders' new album really good. Also heard good things about Zeal and Ardor live.