NOS Primavera Porto

Justiceforcedave

Just catching up on the news this week. Many thanks for the Clashfinder Tuna ?

I'm confused by the stages. The timings indicate that the NOS / Super Bock are the side by side main stages as in previous years.

Yet is seems odd that acts like War on Drugs / Fr John Misty would be on the third stage ?

Looking forward to seeing a site plan.

21 hours ago, Suggestives said:

Just catching up on the news this week. Many thanks for the Clashfinder Tuna ?

I'm confused by the stages. The timings indicate that the NOS / Super Bock are the side by side main stages as in previous years.

Yet is seems odd that acts like War on Drugs / Fr John Misty would be on the third stage ?

Looking forward to seeing a site plan.

here ;)

although NOS and Super Bock are side by side, SEAT will now be the second "main" stage32779362_10155728338433246_3921486569256517632_n.jpg.e1eeccb0774a29dbc94617bcbcac6b43.jpg

• Upvote 1

Thanks for that bananaa52.

So second stage on flat tarmac rather than the nice grassy amphitheater, hmm ?

I can understand the desire to split the crowd up a bit more but this will lead to a lot more movement between 'front' and 'back' areas, where it was already a bit congested at times.

Oh well, we'll just have to see how it works out in practice. I'll be up at my favorite Pitchfork stage as much as possible anyway.

Feeling really close now, can't wait to get back to my favourite city ? 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

This year was absolutely superb. The (great) new stage makes a big difference with its extra bands and also top sound in the Bits.

The organisation as ever was near exemplary and Portuguese people make such naturally brilliant hosts.

Parabens to the organisers.

Edited by xxialac

I'll second that. Currently on the last leg of my journey home feeling very tired but with so many lovely memories.

I thought the changes made to the site this year were great and made the whole experience even better than previous years.

It was my first time seeing Nick Cave, and now I understand what people who've seen him mean. It was transcendental.

Other main highlights were Ezra Furman, Idles, Thundercat, and Public Service Broadcasting.

I never did make it into 'Bits'. Will save that for next year, because I'm certainly going back again.

Edited by Suggestives
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Shame about the weather - this would have been one of the best otherwise. For me Idles were the absolute highlight, it was the one sunny evening for starters, but what a band. 

Flat Worms, Superorganism, and ever reliable NicK Cave also delivered.

Will definitely go back - locals told me the weather was very unusual!

Porto - what a lovely city. 

38 minutes ago, scrippit said:

Shame about the weather - this would have been one of the best otherwise. For me Idles were the absolute highlight, it was the one sunny evening for starters, but what a band. 

Flat Worms, Superorganism, and ever reliable NicK Cave also delivered.

Will definitely go back - locals told me the weather was very unusual!

Porto - what a lovely city. 

Porto is a totally marvellous city and most of the times I have been that time of year it has been sunny with the odd downpour so we were unlucky this year.

Totally agree with you about Flatworms. So, so tight and deserve to be bigger.

Loved the new stage and the extra choice it brought. 

Probably a dozen acts that I thought were really good and sound quality was generally decent. 

The negatives were relatively minor: the food was average at best, the crowd are lovely and respectful but can sometimes feel as though they are a bit lacking in passion, Jamie XX was a poor choice of headliner as was ASAP Rocky, the social media did a brilliant job of making a great festival seem boring and 5 euros for a beer in Portugal is almost unheard of.

On 6/19/2018 at 4:02 PM, xxialac said:

Jamie XX was a poor choice of headliner as was ASAP Rocky, the social media did a brilliant job of making a great festival seem boring and 5 euros for a beer in Portugal is almost unheard of.

I have a well known dislike of Jamie XX so agree with you on that

Yeah, the beer was exorbitant. We also managed to get stung for 24 euros for two rum and cokes - asked for doubles but got what seemed like quadruples after a confusing conversation around what a double constituted. Holidays make for stupid decisions. 

On 6/20/2018 at 6:11 PM, Tuna said:

also handing out umbrellas at a festival can fuck off. terrible idea.

Too right.

• 1 month later...

2019 Earlybirds on sale tomorrow ... woohoo!

Next Thursday, August 2, and for 12 hours, it will be possible to acquire the first full festival tickets for the eighth edition of NOS Primavera Sound. From 12 noon (GMT) and until midnight, tickets will be available for the promotional price of 95 €. The points of sale are bol.pt, Ticketea, Portal NOS Primavera Sound and Festicket.

At the same time, holders of the NOS Primavera Sound 2018 full festival card can acquire the full festival ticket for the next edition at the reduced price of 90 €. Tickets can be purchased at bol.pt by validating the card's bar code.

From Friday, August 3, full festival tickets are available for € 110.

NOS Primavera Sound returns to the Parque da Cidade, in Porto, on the 6th, 7th and 8th of June 2019.

• Like 1