NOS Primavera Porto

Justiceforcedave

8 hours ago, stocky3000 said:

Anyone have any experience of best places in the city to stay in terms of ease of access to the festival?

I'd also recommend Matosinhos. There are great facilities there and it's only 20 mins into the city centre by Metro during the day.

It's great to be able to walk back from the festival site in the small hours rather than battling for transport back into the city.

12 hours ago, stocky3000 said:

Anyone have any experience of best places in the city to stay in terms of ease of access to the festival?

Staying in Matosinhinos this year.

Previously we've stayed off Avenue da Boavista/Casa Musica without too much trouble getting back and forth.

14 hours ago, stocky3000 said:

Stayed at Hotel Chique in the centre both times I went. Near the Aliados metro station to access the festival and the late night bus from the festival stopped right outside the hotel. 

Does anyone know anything about this band?

https://www.nosprimaverasound.com/2018_artists?id=19&lang=en

I've searched all over the internet (Google, YouTube, Facebook, Spotify) and I found zero information about the band or the members.

Maybe I'm tripping, but could this be a surprise act of a big band with a fake name (like arcade fire surprise gig last year)?

13 minutes ago, Johnny Shelby said:

I've searched all over the internet (Google, YouTube, Facebook, Spotify) and I found zero information about the band or the members.

Maybe I'm tripping, but could this be a surprise act of a big band with a fake name (like arcade fire surprise gig last year)?

It's very easy to find one half of that act, their previous act, and even the blokes facebook page.

10 minutes ago, Johnny Shelby said:

It seems crazily elaborate. Why just not include the band at all rather than invent a band that doesn't exist? More likely they are friends of the organisers who wanted to give them their first profile...

And Arcade Fire weren't given a fake name...

14 minutes ago, Tuna said:

It's very easy to find one half of that act, their previous act, and even the blokes facebook page.

I found two blokes with the same name but one of them was a private profile and the other did not have a single mention about music or his band. I mean, if I had a band without a Spotify account or even a facebook page or bandcamp, I would probably write something about playing One of the biggest european festivals. Based on the information I found online about the band (nothing, besides the NOS Primavera Sound page), I didn't even imagine that those guys had a previous act. Can you tell me where you got that information?

22 minutes ago, xxialac said:

It seems crazily elaborate. Why just not include the band at all rather than invent a band that doesn't exist? More likely they are friends of the organisers who wanted to give them their first profile...

And Arcade Fire weren't given a fake name...

Yes, you're right. I was just asking if it was possible to do something similar like arcade fire did (not particulary arcade fire). They played surprise gigs under a different name to promote one of their albums. Maybe some other band could make a surprise appearence under a fake name.

3 minutes ago, Johnny Shelby said:

Yes, you're right. I was just asking if it was possible to do something similar like arcade fire did (not particulary arcade fire). They played surprise gigs under a different name to promote one of their albums. Maybe some other band could make a surprise appearence under a fake name.

This is something that Barcelona might do but it is not Porto's style.

I would say <10% chance of a surprise band and 0% they would do it this way with a fake band.

7 minutes ago, Johnny Shelby said:

I found two blokes with the same name but one of them was a private profile and the other did not have a single mention about music or his band. I mean, if I had a band without a Spotify account or even a facebook page or bandcamp, I would probably write something about playing One of the biggest european festivals. Based on the information I found online about the band (nothing, besides the NOS Primavera Sound page), I didn't even imagine that those guys had a previous act. Can you tell me where you got that information?

Previous act - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDrGVFXbexi0OcPHVQkEPkQ

and his page (cached) - http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:aCyLf1FgNbcJ:www.dannygeffin.co.uk/+&cd=2&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=uk

1 hour ago, Tuna said:

Yeah, you're right. I was hoping we could get another cool name like Ty Segall or oneohtrix point Never. Thanks for the info.

I am going to make a long shot guess.  Last year we had names in a extra day for NPS, that were in Barcelona the same year or the year before , like Jessy Lanza,  Shura, the black madonna, and others.

With this new festival in Madrid (that happen during 2 days of NPS) with some bands that are in Barcelona (or were last year) , and aren´t on the portuguese card,  can we get another  extra day dedicated to electronic music, with  the likes of Kelly Lee Owens (despite already being booked in Braga and Lisbon) , Hot chip MegaMix,, Kiasmos, Yaeji or others? 

Foto de Jessica García.