NOS Primavera Porto

Justiceforcedave

1 minute ago, antoniopinho said:

Overall it is what we were expecting, minus Thom Yorke. I am happy with the line-up! hope they use more stages in the first day so we have the full experience during the 3 days

I remember in the past there sometimes being nothing worth watching on the first day so this is a big step forward. 

A choice of one is a bit limiting!

Amusing to think about what a total omnishambles yesterday evening was. They must have spent a lot of time making the video and then completely ruined it with bad organisation and a botched announcement.

We still don't have a day breakdown (though we do have the news item - looks like nothing happening of note on Wednesday or Friday).

Edited by xxialac

29 minutes ago, brain yolk! said:

It's a great line up. Really, really solid under-card. For me, it's taken most of the best bits from Primavera (Barcelona) and left out a lot of the rubbish.

Aside from the live stream going down yesterday, thought the way they announced the line up was great too.

What's the rubbish you're referring to? I'm curious because I see a uniformly terrific lineup (and undercard especially) at Barcelona.  OK, I don't care for Migos (or Arctic Monkeys much) but otherwise it looks pretty classy.

Edited by xxialac

3 hours ago, xxialac said:

Does anyone think/know whether Porto will have the same 'unexpected' concept as Barcelona and some last minute surprise bands added?

Last year they made last minute additions in the day before of the festival in a «NPS goes to the night of Porto or similar» with several artists (most of them electronic stuff)  in several spaces of the night of Porto https://www.engenhariaradio.pt/2017/05/nos-primavera-sound-programacao-extra-dia-7-junho/

They don´t usual make the «unexpected» stuff like Barcelona does with big names

20 hours ago, Tigane said:

Last year they made last minute additions in the day before of the festival in a «NPS goes to the night of Porto or similar» with several artists (most of them electronic stuff)  in several spaces of the night of Porto https://www.engenhariaradio.pt/2017/05/nos-primavera-sound-programacao-extra-dia-7-junho/

They don´t usual make the «unexpected» stuff like Barcelona does with big names

Barcelona has only been doing Unexpected since last year and Hidden Stage since the last five years.

I don't think realistic to think they would construct a new stage but maybe they could hold a big(gish) name back to follow the unexpected trend. Someone like Deerhunter perhaps.

9 minutes ago, Johnny Shelby said:

Since there's no Thomas Yorke, which bands are NOS PRIMAVERA PORTO exclusive?

The bands are pretty decent but not big names, any of them - Amen Dunes, Talaboman, some DJs (including Jamie XX) and some good Portuguese bands. 

But it's disappointing they couldn't even find one big interesting name like Thom Yorke.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, xxialac said:

The bands are pretty decent but not big names, any of them - Amen Dunes, Talaboman, some DJs (including Jamie XX) and some good Portuguese bands. 

But it's disappointing they couldn't even find one big interesting name like Thom Yorke.

I'm really happy about Amen Dunes, but a bit disappointed they missed the chance to get Lykke Li, (Sandy) Alex G, Ty Segall, Charlotte Gainsbourg, Panda Bear, Oneohtrix Point Never, Chromeo, Car Seat Headrest or even Hinds.