Neighbourhood Weekender 2018

frontsidecab

Word of warning, I was booked into a hotel in Knutsford. Called every cab co. in Knutsford & Warrington for cabs to and from the festival. Not one were interested in picking up from the Festival - "Too much trouble" seemed to be the common theme. 

Consequently cancelled the hotel, staying with friends and getting the train in now.

I've also got a weekend parking ticket (cost £24.25) I could do with passing on as don't need it now. If anyone wants it they can have it for £12?

1 hour ago, indietrax01 said:

Word of warning, I was booked into a hotel in Knutsford. Called every cab co. in Knutsford & Warrington for cabs to and from the festival. Not one were interested in picking up from the Festival - "Too much trouble" seemed to be the common theme. 

Consequently cancelled the hotel, staying with friends and getting the train in now.

I've also got a weekend parking ticket (cost £24.25) I could do with passing on as don't need it now. If anyone wants it they can have it for £12?

Il take it for £12 if you still have it 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, MonkeyBus said:

Does anyone know if there's anything planned anywhere in Warrington centre on the Saturday / Sunday night after the festival finishes at 10:30pm? Club nights / post festival events etc?

Thanks

Your best bet. Tim Burgess on the Sat and Clint Boon on the Sunday. 

https://en-gb.facebook.com/friarscourtwarrington/ 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, TommyLC said:

Your best bet. Tim Burgess on the Sat and Clint Boon on the Sunday. 

https://en-gb.facebook.com/friarscourtwarrington/ 

Top man, thanks mate.

Any recommendations for pubs / bars early afternoon that'll be a decent atmopshere? We probably won't be heading into the festival until 4 ish each day so we're hoping to have a few in town first.

Heads up... for anyone like myself planning on getting the train back to MCR (or Liverpool) on the Saturday evening, be aware:

On the Saturday , Northern Rail will be experiencing industrial strike action. There will be a limited service throughout the day with Northern Rail trains ending at around 6.30pm from Warrington Central and Warrington Bank Quay. Please allow plenty of time to get to and from the festival. Normal train service should resume on Sunday. For travel updates on trains visit networkrail.co.uk and follow NBHD Weekender on socials.

3 hours ago, ModFFM said:

Heads up... for anyone like myself planning on getting the train back to MCR (or Liverpool) on the Saturday evening, be aware:

On the Saturday , Northern Rail will be experiencing industrial strike action. There will be a limited service throughout the day with Northern Rail trains ending at around 6.30pm from Warrington Central and Warrington Bank Quay. Please allow plenty of time to get to and from the festival. Normal train service should resume on Sunday. For travel updates on trains visit networkrail.co.uk and follow NBHD Weekender on socials.

Just for anyone who isn’t used to trains in the area this, possibly deliberately, makes it sound like there are no trains after 6.30, but there is still first transpennine and arriva wales trains going through. Just not many and the only realistic one from central is at 12.20. 10.35 and 10.54 are there for those that want to leave courteeners early, but that sort of defeats the point a bit.

Sunday’s even worse - one train at 11.03 then buses  

Honestly this is starting to seem like more trouble than it’s worth, a lot of people will be stranded in Warrington and that’s when the cab companies will pick up their big fares

Edited by efcfanwirral

1 hour ago, efcfanwirral said:

Just for anyone who isn’t used to trains in the area this, possibly deliberately, makes it sound like there are no trains after 6.30, but there is still first transpennine and arriva wales trains going through. Just not many and the only realistic one from central is at 12.20. 10.35 and 10.54 are there for those that want to leave courteeners early, but that sort of defeats the point a bit.

Sunday’s even worse - one train at 11.03 then buses  

Honestly this is starting to seem like more trouble than it’s worth, a lot of people will be stranded in Warrington and that’s when the cab companies will pick up their big fares

Big green coach are doing a service so this should not be much of a problem.

28 minutes ago, Samjones said:

anyone know what streets you are not allowed to park on, trying to not have to go in the actual car park as will most likely take ages to get out of

That's my plan too... park about a 10 min walk away in the streets and walk in. Does anyone have a recommended aeea to go?

11 minutes ago, Dave said:

That's my plan too... park about a 10 min walk away in the streets and walk in. Does anyone have a recommended aeea to go?

Might have to park like a 30 min walk away but will still probably get away quicker than those in the actual car parks and it’ll be free

Your best bet will be to avoid parking in Latchford. Narrow streets and loads of conditions in place. 

If I didn't live around the corner, i'd park in the big car park opposite Central Station. £2.20 for the whole day and will be a lot easier to get out of Warrington to the M62. 15/20 min walk from the site with plenty of pubs and takeaways on the route. 

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, TommyLC said:

Your best bet will be to avoid parking in Latchford. Narrow streets and loads of conditions in place. 

If I didn't live around the corner, i'd park in the big car park opposite Central Station. £2.20 for the whole day and will be a lot easier to get out of Warrington to the M62. 15/20 min walk from the site with plenty of pubs and takeaways on the route. 

There is a decent size car park on the location of the old Mr Smiths club too, a bit closer to Victoria Park, It may fill up early though.