Neighbourhood Weekender 2018

frontsidecab

1 hour ago, DiscothequeDave said:

The allegations that to which no further action was taken?

www.nme.com/news/music/cabbage-speak-trial-social-media-false-sexual-assault-allegations-2115749

That doesn't change the answer to the question though. 

(Even if no further action was taken it doesn't mean the allegations were untrue, either) 

21 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

wow. Sold out!

strong line up for that area and reasonably priced, not particularly to my tastes but theyve nailed it with a good mix of heritage, new bands and big names

they have given big green coaches a shed load of tickets which are still available if you pay £25 to travel with them

I got tickets as it is a fantastic line up for my taste. 

Not surprised it sold out so quickly,  Courteeners alone are filling venues like this by themselves year in, year out due to their amazing hard core fans.....

I have to mention too that it is a great idea to have a 'locals' pre sale,  I can only guess this happens at other events around the country,  but i haven't been lucky enough to take advantage of the 'perk' being in Warrington.   

17 minutes ago, Dazoodo07 said:

I got tickets as it is a fantastic line up for my taste. 

Not surprised it sold out so quickly,  Courteeners alone are filling venues like this by themselves year in, year out due to their amazing hard core fans.....

I have to mention too that it is a great idea to have a 'locals' pre sale,  I can only guess this happens at other events around the country,  but i haven't been lucky enough to take advantage of the 'perk' being in Warrington.   

Yeah Sunday was top, it said two left and when I opted for me not there. Didn't get a chance earlier!

Like Victorious the year before last I don't see there being a festival that good and strong for me this year. I'm tempted to go MSP in Brum next year as The Coral are supports but I'm kind of done with the Manics....it might be a look for a ticket cheaper nearer the time.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, august1 said:

Now its sold out, they can announce whoever.

1 downside to a festival selling out so quick is, they can be cheap on the rest of line up

without meaning to criticise it - it can't be, really, it's sold out quickly - there's some comparatively cheapies on there already, the Rev for example.

But he's a good fit in what is a well-constructed line-up, that'll keep lovers of that sort of durge ( :P sorry) happy.

18 hours ago, eFestivals said:

without meaning to criticise it - it can't be, really, it's sold out quickly - there's some comparatively cheapies on there already, the Rev for example.

But he's a good fit in what is a well-constructed line-up, that'll keep lovers of that sort of durge ( :P sorry) happy.

It's essentially hope and glory done right but with bigger bands. Definitely a market for it round here and for me it's a pretty perfect line-up for that sort of thing.

Price wise too it's really good - if courteeners did a Heaton park etc again it's £50, if noel did an outside one it's £60+. You've already cleared the cost of the two days and that's without blossoms, editors,coral etc who appeal to those of us who like that,ahem, "durge". That's before the smaller acts like fickle friends, big moon etc who I presume will be even more well known by next summer. 

I'm personally very much looking forward to it! 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Diamond24 said:

I would have loved to have gone to this but it's a bit far from me and struggled to find any mates willing to go cause of the distance. Hoping that Community festival takes a few bands from this line up.

Is that the one at Finsbury Park the day after Liam Gallagher? I’m very tempted to go to that if there’s a decent line up. Actually NGHFB headlining that would be pretty funny. 

4 hours ago, danz026 said:

Is that the one at Finsbury Park the day after Liam Gallagher? I’m very tempted to go to that if there’s a decent line up. Actually NGHFB headlining that would be pretty funny. 

Yeah that's the one. I'm not sure who they will get to headline that but I don't think it will be Courteeners or Noel. Courteeners as they aren't as popular down south and Noel's tour is only two months before and I don't think it's sold out. But I'd like to see the likes of The Big Moon, Miles Kane and The Pigeon Detectives on the lineup.

On 11/17/2017 at 5:02 PM, shedboy66 said:

Can anyone suggest anywhere near to stay im travelling from Scotland looking for cheap and cheerful 

thanks 

Hiya mate.

There are the usual Travel lodge and Premier inn all over warrington, would advise booking early as i guess there will be plenty with the same idea.....

On 11/18/2017 at 11:09 AM, efcfanwirral said:

It's essentially hope and glory done right but with bigger bands. Definitely a market for it round here and for me it's a pretty perfect line-up for that sort of thing.

Price wise too it's really good - if courteeners did a Heaton park etc again it's £50, if noel did an outside one it's £60+. You've already cleared the cost of the two days and that's without blossoms, editors,coral etc who appeal to those of us who like that,ahem, "durge". That's before the smaller acts like fickle friends, big moon etc who I presume will be even more well known by next summer. 

I'm personally very much looking forward to it! 

Totally agree, I have been the one paying for the Courteeners at Heaton Park or Old Trafford, And Have paid to see noel at the Manchester Arena 2 weeks before this festival.  Perfect line up and only more to come.  Roll on May i say!!!

Long live the 'DURGE' hahahaha.....

• 2 months later...
5 minutes ago, Dazoodo07 said:

is there any news of any additions to the line up, less than 100 days to go until it kicks off (they like to tell us).  Dont like the way it is so quiet after being burnt by the shambles in liverpool last summer...

I've no idea how much more there is to come, but it's run by one of the biggest promoters (SJM) so it won't burn you. 

• 3 weeks later...