Firenze Rocks

pete76

11 minutes ago, johnybegood said:

Worst "festival" I've been too.

Get "Black Circle" tickets or forget about seeing anything. Layout is horrible.

Never again. Never ever.

Italians don't have to organize festivals, we're better at cooking...

I'm italian ;)

33 minutes ago, alan_ts said:

Italians don't have to organize festivals, we're better at cooking...

I'm italian ;)

I went to an arena gig in Bologna and I queued for literally 2 hours before I went in. Missed the opening band completely. Asked people around did something happen and they were like: "why, is there something wrong?" :lol: 

30 minutes ago, Nicklord said:

I went to an arena gig in Bologna and I queued for literally 2 hours before I went in. Missed the opening band completely. Asked people around did something happen and they were like: "why, is there something wrong?" :lol: 

Unipol arena or arena parco nord?

We don't know how to behave at gigs at festivals...

Edit: I've an infinite list of awful situation here...the last is the Stones at Lucca

Edited by alan_ts

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Lauraaaa said:

Does this festival include camping? It's very hard to find info...so I doubt it. But I would love to know!

No camping, it's more like single gigs.

Apartments/hotels in Florence are the most expensive in Italy I think (maybe Venice costs more)

Edited by alan_ts

2 hours ago, Bilbo Baggins said:

Bought tickets for this festival last week, apparently the pit tickets were sold out in about a minute.

Anyone been to it before? I was told last year was it's first year

I was last year in that festival. Worst one I've been to in my life. You can only enjoy the show if you are in the Pit. 

They layout of the site makes imposible to see the stage or the screens outside the huge Inner Pit.

Advice: enter early and get as close as you can to the fence that separates the Pit from the rest of the people. 

Huge queues to get expensive beer.

Best thing: Firenze is an amazing city. You can enjoy visiting it.

Edited by johnybegood

58 minutes ago, gregory said:

Image may contain: text

That's strong. Wonder how it's gonna be in 2018,  this year I was able to get tickets just before gig 20-30€ cheaper.

Edited by pete76

• 4 years later...
17 minutes ago, SweetJesus said:

@charlierc how is it works?

For example, I have a tokens for 30€ and then I want to buy a beer. If I’m paying with more tokens than beer cost, will they give me a exchange or what?

I really can’t remember when was the last time I was using token system

I'm a little rusty as this was 4 years ago but I recall there was an on-site tent to exchange Euros for tokens. They were a plastic line where the tokens being used were snapped off. I vaguely recall that I had 10 Euro of tokens but kept roughly 2 as I didn't spend all of it.

• Thanks 1

I went in 2019 and you could buy sheets of plastic tokens branded with Firenze Rocks. You coud also buy single tokens. I cant remember the actual value of a token. It might have been 3 Euro per token. Tokens could be snapped in half i.e worth half  the stated value.

Pretty much everything was priced with tokens in mind i.e 2 tokens or 1 and half etc.

There was a little supermarket on site that took cash, cards. it sold snacks, cakes, ice cream, soft drinks etc. The merchandise stand took cash/cards.

I struggled to find any info back in 2019, so you might need to do some digging to find what the system is this year. I think I had one  and half tokens left at the end and kept them as a sourvenir. I assume you could change left overs back in to cash but maybe not.

From memory most of the supports get to play long sets, making it great if you are afan of the undercard.

• Thanks 1