JBarbour

Mad Cool 2018

1 hour ago, Ovechkin said:

So they´re definitely posting the wristbrands, I havn't recieved an email yet. Maybe they have not reached the letter S yet as in Sweden and Slovenia :P, Glastonbury/See tickets does some similar thing I think, some people get their tickets weeks before others. I'll give them march before contacting them

Got mine today. I think they send it step by step from the moment you purchased your ticket. I bought mine on the first day. My friends who are attending (and bought later) didn't get anthing until now.

An interview to Mad Cool's director, in spanish.

http://www.europapress.es/cultura/musica-00129/noticia-mad-cool-tercera-duplicando-tamano-asi-monta-festival-mas-grande-espana-20180318075655.html

No big news, besides the final dimensions of the grounds: 120.000m2 of free space for the public, twice as big as last year's location.

Edited by Joshua Homme

1 hour ago, Joshua Homme said:

An interview to Mad Cool's director, in spanish.

http://www.europapress.es/cultura/musica-00129/noticia-mad-cool-tercera-duplicando-tamano-asi-monta-festival-mas-grande-espana-20180318075655.html

No big news, besides the final dimensions of the grounds: 120.000m2 of free space for the public, twice as big as last year's location.

Wasn't there something about not upping the capacity to 80k, even though they could, because they wanted to make sure things ran well at the new site? I thought 65k was mentioned, but it was a while back so maybe mistaken.

3 hours ago, bluenova said:

Wasn't there something about not upping the capacity to 80k, even though they could, because they wanted to make sure things ran well at the new site? I thought 65k was mentioned, but it was a while back so maybe mistaken.

Yes. But then they ended up enlarging their area, meaning they could potentially end up having over 65k ppl.

Anyway, one thing is the legal capacity, which is still 80k, and a different one the final crowd numbers. The article only mentions its capacity.

Edited by Joshua Homme

11 hours ago, Orest said:

Guys, is there any information about transport when the festival day is over? 

Not yet. Last year they posted on instagram about shuttles in June.

9 hours ago, Yelo, the Parmiggiana said:

Guys, I bought 3 single day-ticket. Should I expect any wristband? Sorry to do that, but I have to up myself

Not sure but it also depends on whether you buy it on ticketmaster or festicket. Only ticketmaster 3-day wristbands got shipped.

18 hours ago, birchtree29 said:

Not sure but it also depends on whether you buy it on ticketmaster or festicket. Only ticketmaster 3-day wristbands got shipped.

And not even all of them (yet)...

(still waiting...)

24 minutes ago, 40 Days said:

Does anyone know when we can expect stage times?

Last year it was quite late, only a couple of weeks before the festival.

1 hour ago, 40 Days said:

Last year it was on 1st of July while the festival dates were 6-7-8th of July. I don't expect any set times before July.

Been listening to Jack White's new album this morning. Superb in places but very weird and forgettable in others. Will give it a few more listens. 

Quite a few tracks on there that I can't imagine he will play live.

27 minutes ago, TomViolence said:

Been listening to Jack White's new album this morning. Superb in places but very weird and forgettable in others. Will give it a few more listens. 

Quite a few tracks on there that I can't imagine he will play live.

He played these songs in his last 5 concerts from this album according to setlist.fm. I expect Mad Cool's setlist to be more top hits generated and a shorter one. He will probably keep only Connected by Love, Corporation and Over and Over and Over from the last album. He will also have a livestream from his concert in New York at 10 PM New York Time on twitter

Connected by Love

Corporation

Ice Station Zebra

Over and Over and Over

Respect Commander

What’s Done Is Done

Why Walk A Dog?

Hypermisophoniac

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Joshua Homme said:

Those stage times posted within the same week of the fest were the definitive ones after some late changes.

The previous ones were announced around mid-may.

You are right. I just found the tweet. They posted it on 24th of May. Hopefully it will be sooner this year. 

Edited by birchtree29

On 3/23/2018 at 12:03 PM, 40 Days said:

Correction: They posted the set times on 24th of may last year

Edited by birchtree29

Probably a much longer set than he'll play at Mad Cool but there's some great tracks in this setlist. 

Would love to hear Black Math at Mad Cool and his new band evidently know how to play it ;)

I've seen him do Black Math a few times so its a possibility. I'd like to see more Dead Weather songs but I suppose thats not likely now he has three solo albums.

1 hour ago, dave0h said:

Are we expecting anymore announcements? 

Nothing of note. The consensus is that it's just small local acts and competition winners left, if that. Think it was about 10 max - the numbers validating this are a few pages back somewhere

3 hours ago, evilduck said:

I've seen him do Black Math a few times so its a possibility. I'd like to see more Dead Weather songs but I suppose thats not likely now he has three solo albums.

Agreed... I've only seen him play Buffalo and Blue Blood Blues from that era.

5 hours ago, James96 said:

Probably a much longer set than he'll play at Mad Cool but there's some great tracks in this setlist. 

Would love to hear Black Math at Mad Cool and his new band evidently know how to play it ;)

Ridiculous setlist! Hopefully we get 20ish tracks at Mad Cool!

Don't suppose anyone managed to get a ticket for his gig at The Garage tonight?

He also just finished a free one somewhere in London. I was in a meeting when the DICE notification popped up :(