Mad Cool 2018

JBarbour

1 hour ago, Will-2609 said:

Does that rule The Killers out of NOS Alive? If so it maybe makes them less likely for Mad Cool seeing as they've apparently got all three of NOS Alive's headliners. I know they've got QOTSA subbing but I can't see them having another of the NOS Alive headliners playing below headliner.

Yeah I would have thought NOS won't have the  killers now. I can't see the National headlining Mad Cool so they'd sub I guess? Unless they aren't headlining NOS. But then NOS won't have Depeche Mode again surely? So the other 2 NOS headliners should be at Mad Cool making up the 3. #Confused

All depends how precise the Mad Cool guy was being when he said all NOS headliners I guess.

8 minutes ago, DHG123 said:

Yeah I would have thought NOS won't have the  killers now. I can't see the National headlining Mad Cool so they'd sub I guess? Unless they aren't headlining NOS. But then NOS won't have Depeche Mode again surely? So the other 2 NOS headliners should be at Mad Cool making up the 3. #Confused

All depends how precise the Mad Cool guy was being when he said all NOS headliners I guess.

Well it looks like one day of NOS Alive is QOTSA subbed by The National (or a co-headline with QOTSA on last), and QOTSA are obviously subbing Mad Cool. Then I'd expect the remaining two NOS headliners to headline Mad Cool (one of them being Pearl Jam).

The National are pretty much confirmed for Primavera so won't be at Mad Cool.

13 minutes ago, DHG123 said:

Speaking of being confused, there's a new video clue;

1+1

16+1

9+1

I think it's another act from Paris.

18 -R

1 - A

17- I 

10 - P

19 - S

6 - F

jumble them up and you get PARIS, F

not sure where the +1 comes in but that is the time difference between the two countries.

Edited by DiscothequeDave

2 minutes ago, DiscothequeDave said:

I think it's another act from Paris.

18 -R

1 - A

17- I 

10 - P

19 - S

6 - F

jumble them up and you get PARIS, F

not sure where the +1 comes in but that is the time difference between the two countries.

Would make sense but doesn't the 1 have a +1 next to it? So under your system its a B?

B in Cyrillic is a V so could be that PVRIS band... (possibly too intricate)

9 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

Well it looks like one day of NOS Alive is QOTSA subbed by The National (or a co-headline with QOTSA on last), and QOTSA are obviously subbing Mad Cool. Then I'd expect the remaining two NOS headliners to headline Mad Cool (one of them being Pearl Jam).

The National are pretty much confirmed for Primavera so won't be at Mad Cool.

That all makes sense, was just cos others were saying National were said to be headlining before.

So Pearl Jam Thursday if that forum rumour's true,  DM with QOTSA sub Saturday.

Hope it's not Arctic Monkeys Friday, really don't get the fuss (apologies to their fans.)

Anyone had any luck locating the code to buy early tickets? I went last year but not sure where to find it.

9 minutes ago, DHG123 said:

That all makes sense, was just cos others were saying National were said to be headlining before.

So Pearl Jam Thursday if that forum rumour's true,  DM with QOTSA sub Saturday.

Hope it's not Arctic Monkeys Friday, really don't get the fuss (apologies to their fans.)

Anyone had any luck locating the code to buy early tickets? I went last year but not sure where to find it.

Yeah the QOTSA/National situation at NOS Alive isn't really clear cut but to me it definitely seems like QOTSA are above The National. Main argument in support of The National headlining above QOTSA seemed to be Neil's take on QOTSA being "added" to a bill already containing The National which made no sense to me.

Anyway, with The National nailed on for Primavera and Mad Cool having all of NOS Alive's headliners, they can't be the headliner :P

If Arctics are aroind then they're probably a fair shout, but they also would be likely for Benicassim. Not sure who else it could be, mind.

16 minutes ago, SPTFRE said:

That's it, I'm IN.

Does anyone know what this code thing is to get early bird tickets? 

I think you had to sign up whilst at the festival last year and it cost 10 Euro (unless there's another scheme I'm not aware of).

Tickets didn't sell out until quite late on last year, but I guess that's no indicator of what might happen this year.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, elias said:

I think you had to sign up whilst at the festival last year and it cost 10 Euro (unless there's another scheme I'm not aware of).

Tickets didn't sell out until quite late on last year, but I guess that's no indicator of what might happen this year.

Yeah looks like that's right.

My reply from Mad Cool when I asked yesterday;

"Currently we only have the sale of active tickets for Mad Cool members and people who made the booking of the 2018 season ticket during the last edition of the festival, That´s why ir ask for a code.

The general tickets will go on sale next December 5, we recommend that you remain attentive to our social networks and our website.

Greetings and thanks for contacting Mad Cool. "

I thought having gone last year they'd reward loyalty but no :(

19 minutes ago, elias said:

Ok, thanks. Better be ready on December 5 then