Mad Cool 2018

JBarbour

Is anybody renting a room/series of rooms that could use another person to defray costs?

I'm coming in for Rock Werchter and traveling down for Mad Cool, but I haven't nailed down anyplace to stay just yet and I'm wondering if other non-local Pearl Jam/etc fans might want to combine forces. I'm a solo American who has never been to Madrid, but I plan on attending the entire festival!

• Downvote 1

3 hours ago, JSmurphy said:

Pearl Jam's first gig of their 2018 tour last night. I can't wait!

Great set list! At least 1 song from each album, including some songs they dont play much like Around The Bend and songs that were left out during their latest European tour like the Fixer and Love Boat Captain. I'd like to hear everyone of them.

New song sounds good live (well, at least as good as a poor quality video on Youtube  can be) with the energy we can expect from them:

we need to see the set in lollapalooza since few years ago I saw they did around 28 songs in festivals and around 35 in their own shows.

that still a lot of songs and some of them are really good but I do hope they'll play state of love & trust, Jeremy, elderly woman and rearviewmirror  

On 2018-03-09 at 7:50 PM, LaurentExpos said:

I chose the eTicket for Delivery method for the 3 single day VIP tickets (not a 3 day pass as they were sold-out).  I'm not sure if regular mail was option. I got the etickets by email about one hour after the purchase. I suspect they will give me a wristband on each day when I present the eticket. We will see....

I did that too but still paid several euros for "fuera peninsula" which I assume is the postage fee from the iberico peninsula?

Just now, Ovechkin said:

I did that too but still paid several euros for "fuera peninsula" which I assume is the postage fee from the iberico peninsula?

Me too (bought three day tickets), e-tickets were sent by e-mail right away, still waiting for the wristbands though...

2 hours ago, Ovechkin said:

Yes, mine have fuera península on the confirmation and I got sent etickets straight away, and I received my wristbands in the post last week.

On 2018-03-15 at 3:25 PM, clasher said:

Me too (bought three day tickets), e-tickets were sent by e-mail right away, still waiting for the wristbands though...

On 2018-03-15 at 4:14 PM, with_tired_eyes said:

I think so. Had the same option and my wristband is on his way to germany. 

On 2018-03-15 at 5:53 PM, evilduck said:

Yes, mine have fuera península on the confirmation and I got sent etickets straight away, and I received my wristbands in the post last week.

So they´re definitely posting the wristbrands, I havn't recieved an email yet. Maybe they have not reached the letter S yet as in Sweden and Slovenia :P, Glastonbury/See tickets does some similar thing I think, some people get their tickets weeks before others. I'll give them march before contacting them

1 hour ago, Ovechkin said:

So they´re definitely posting the wristbrands, I havn't recieved an email yet. Maybe they have not reached the letter S yet as in Sweden and Slovenia :P, Glastonbury/See tickets does some similar thing I think, some people get their tickets weeks before others. I'll give them march before contacting them

Got mine today. I think they send it step by step from the moment you purchased your ticket. I bought mine on the first day. My friends who are attending (and bought later) didn't get anthing until now.

An interview to Mad Cool's director, in spanish.

http://www.europapress.es/cultura/musica-00129/noticia-mad-cool-tercera-duplicando-tamano-asi-monta-festival-mas-grande-espana-20180318075655.html

No big news, besides the final dimensions of the grounds: 120.000m2 of free space for the public, twice as big as last year's location.

Edited by Joshua Homme

1 hour ago, Joshua Homme said:

An interview to Mad Cool's director, in spanish.

http://www.europapress.es/cultura/musica-00129/noticia-mad-cool-tercera-duplicando-tamano-asi-monta-festival-mas-grande-espana-20180318075655.html

No big news, besides the final dimensions of the grounds: 120.000m2 of free space for the public, twice as big as last year's location.

Wasn't there something about not upping the capacity to 80k, even though they could, because they wanted to make sure things ran well at the new site? I thought 65k was mentioned, but it was a while back so maybe mistaken.

3 hours ago, bluenova said:

Wasn't there something about not upping the capacity to 80k, even though they could, because they wanted to make sure things ran well at the new site? I thought 65k was mentioned, but it was a while back so maybe mistaken.

Yes. But then they ended up enlarging their area, meaning they could potentially end up having over 65k ppl.

Anyway, one thing is the legal capacity, which is still 80k, and a different one the final crowd numbers. The article only mentions its capacity.

Edited by Joshua Homme