Mad Cool 2018

JBarbour

8 minutes ago, bluenova said:

Surely they've already put up one hint, before the Jack White announcement. You might worry that they completely missed the 0114 link to AM, which is why they swapped it, but given the Ten = Pearl Jam link, that seems unlikely. More like they put up what they thought was a hint, but was a bit too obvious, so they took it down, and maybe got told off for being too obvious, so no more pre-hints.

I think that's the case as well, and if AMs management caught wind of it, which I'm sure they did they probably weren't best pleased. If NOS Alive had hinted at an announcement tomorrow then it might be another story, but I think maybe a few festivals tomorrow and Mad Cool/NOS is still on the cards, just not tomorrow.

I dont understand what's all the fuss about.  The 3-day tickets would have sell out even if the Friday was headlined by Bar Tool's dog. Most of us here didnt buy ticket based on AM-related assumptions, let alone most of the general public who just see a poster advertisement without reading/hearing  rumors in this or other forums 24/7 like we do. Maybe it will be AM, maybe not, this poster is great either way and  still far from complete.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, e2p2 said:

I dont understand what's all the fuss about.  The 3-day tickets would have sell out even if the Friday was headlined by Bar Tool's dog. Most of us here didnt buy ticket based on AM-related assumptions, let alone most of the general public who just see a poster advertisement without reading/hearing  rumors in this or other forums 24/7 like we do. Maybe it will be AM, maybe not, this poster is great either way and  still far from complete.

this.

people who think this festival sold out only because of an Arctic Monkeys rumour are wrong. even without them it has the best lineup of pretty much any festival in the world this year. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, gregory said:

this.

people who think this festival sold out only because of an Arctic Monkeys rumour are wrong. even without them it has the best lineup of pretty much any festival in the world this year. 

I think that's a group made up of just that guy who thinks they're the biggest band in the world ;)

I'm hoping for another 30 mid level alternative/electronic names to entice me away from the main stage!

21 minutes ago, e2p2 said:

Bark Tool would be a great headliner.

Anyways - what about the moby rumors? Anything new? 

19 minutes ago, clasher said:

@e2p2 @gregory I agree completely with both of you, but as I said hinting at AM so strongly (basically confirming) - including hints on social media seen by a lot bigger crowd than some spanish forum for example - and then not announcing would be an unnecessary and uncalled for PR suicide.

Im not so sure about the PR suicide. I saw AM live and I saw the supposed tease but I never noticed the number on the drum or knew what the Sheffield area code is. How many spanish people know that? Its the big fans that made the connection on social media, not the general public. And again, the festival was sold put already. 

I am more excited for what the hint is for the number of additions instead of a regular Arctic Monkeys as a headliner announcement. We already knew Jack White was the headliner last announcement but having Odesza, Richie Hawtin, Leon Bridges, Wolf Alice,James Bay and many more as late additions made me much more excited for Mad Cool. This lineup is the best lineup I have ever seen and I can’t wait for any new hints/additions until we get the complete lineup. 

11 minutes ago, e2p2 said:

Im not so sure about the PR suicide. I saw AM live and I saw the supposed tease but I never noticed the number on the drum or knew what the Sheffield area code is. How many spanish people know that? Its the big fans that made the connection on social media, not the general public. And again, the festival was sold put already. 

I see where you're coming from, but there's a lot of people following that instagram account and on different forums, and one person connecting the dots and pointing out the connection is enough for the others to at least consider that.

My point is - not announcing AM would leave a considerable number of people disappointed and/or confused. PR suicide is a bit strong, I admit, since we established that AM announcement or the lack of it won't have affected the ticket sales significantly, but for that reason exactly I am struggling to find any benefit of the festival teasing it or Bar practically confirming it if they don't announce them in the end.

Re everything else - there is another headliner coming and a number of other acts to add to what is already an incredible lineup and an absolute bargain for 180€. I just hope the logistic and organization part of the festival will function - from Bar Tool's comments i get the feeling they learned from last year and have that aspect very much in mind so I'm hopeful.

It's gonna be a fantastic weekend.

P.s.: I'll stress about clashes once we get the schedule ^_^

51 minutes ago, JSmurphy said:

We've already had our clue - the 0014 gif. Arctic Monkeys will be the other Friday co-headliner. Can't see any real reason why it's not gonna get announced tomorrow. 

Primavera is an excellent reason. The most established festival in Spain will reveal not just AM, but its entire poster (consisting of 150-170 acts).

It will make a big splash and there's no reason to compete with them on the media's attention. Just wait a couple of days, then release it on your own.

4 minutes ago, Orens said:

Primavera is an excellent reason. The most established festival in Spain will reveal not just AM, but its entire poster (consisting of 150-170 acts).

It will make a big splash and there's no reason to compete with them on the media's attention. Just wait a couple of days, then release it on your own.

Fair suggestion, although I'm not too convinced that the media attention would be any greater two or three days later. Announcing AM for Mad Cool on the day that the band announce their return would surely be striking when the iron is hot. 

17 minutes ago, JSmurphy said:

Fair suggestion, although I'm not too convinced that the media attention would be any greater two or three days later. Announcing AM for Mad Cool on the day that the band announce their return would surely be striking when the iron is hot. 

If they're planning to announce AM solo and the rest of the lineup a couple of days later I see no reason not to announce AM tomorrow along with everyone else.

If they are planning another "1 act every 5 minutes" or something like that leading up to AM in the end it would make more sense to delay the announcement a bit (and perhaps just tease a bit tomorrow?)...

2 hours ago, Orens said:

It's not really down to the festival though