Mad Cool 2018

JBarbour

Just now, DiscothequeDave said:

New Jersey is the latest clue.

Leaves a lot of potential options :lol:  I've seen people on Twitter guessing Bon Jovi already and I'm sure Bruce Springsteen won't be far behind... could Brian Fallon be a more realistic candidate? Has a European tour ending in March with a US one ending in late May.

3 hours ago, alexlloyd said:

This would definitely imply Depeche Mode/QOTSA have the same position, but hopefully coheadline with Pearl Jam and another to follow? 

IMG_1620.PNG

Mad Cool CM said that they'll share the 3 NOS Alive headliners. Depeche Mode played at NOS Alive this year, so they are not among them. So mathematically, Depeche Mode coheadline and there are at least two other headliners to come.

39 minutes ago, Tremousse said:

Mad Cool CM said that they'll share the 3 NOS Alive headliners. Depeche Mode played at NOS Alive this year, so they are not among them. So mathematically, Depeche Mode coheadline and there are at least two other headliners to come.

Yeah that's what I'm thinking, Pearl Jam seem highly likely but no idea on the other. There was some debate yesterday as to whether The National are coheadlining Nos Alive with QOTSA or outright headlining, but surely either way that would put them at Mad Cool if it's supposedly getting 'all three Nos headliners' ? 

If The National and QOTSA co-headline NOS Alive - which to me seems like the most likely option atm - doesn't that put the count of NOS Alive headliners up to four?

I mean, either The National and QOSTA aren't co-headlining, or the "all THREE of them" statement just doesn't add up? (pun intended)

56 minutes ago, e2p2 said:

I know there's a new festival location but does anyone has a recommendation on which area to book b&b/hotel?  

For Arriving to the festival you can use "Cercanias" (line C-1). it is a train that conects some parts of the city with Valdebebas in a few minutes. Look for Chamartin area or Nuevos Ministerios area. 10 minutes to the site using Cercanias or 12/15 euros by Taxi. 

Cercanias map: madrid.png

Valdebebas is where the festival tooks place

The site also can be reached by metro (Feria de Madrid stop in line 8 ), but this stop is 15 minutes walking from the festival área 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, johnybegood said:

For Arriving to the festival you can use "Cercanias" (line C-1). it is a train that conects some parts of the city with Valdebebas in a few minutes. Look for Chamartin area or Nuevos Ministerios area. 10 minutes to the site using Cercanias or 12/15 euros by Taxi. 

Cercanias map: madrid.png

Valdebebas is where the festival tooks place

The site also can be reached by metro (Feria de Madrid stop in line 8 ), but this stop is 15 minutes walking from the festival área 

Thanx! 

On 11/17/2017 at 1:15 PM, DiscothequeDave said:

Next clue is Burgos, Spain.

This band is most peoples guesses http://www.lamaravillosaorquestadelalcohol.com/conciertos/

It was them.

New clue is

Toronto https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/43°43'15.9"N+79°22'23.1"W/@43.7212506,-79.3751575,15.7z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0x0!8m2!3d43.721082!4d-79.373069

Probably Alvvays or BadBadnotGood I reckon

14 minutes ago, DiscothequeDave said:

METZ are paying tonight in Madrid, so maybe they are the Toronto band playing Mad Cool (maybe they couldn't announce them before tonight show)

Edited by johnybegood