Jump to content
JBarbour

Mad Cool 2018

Recommended Posts

12 minutes ago, craigb said:

Ángel Stanich

 

He was the announcement before the coordinates were posted, there were some posted yesterday he's the answer to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, alexlloyd said:

He was the announcement before the coordinates were posted, there were some posted yesterday he's the answer to.

My bad. I'm behind then!

Can't fi nd any ticket details anywhere. Looks to be a presale at the moment. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, craigb said:

My bad. I'm behind then!

Can't fi nd any ticket details anywhere. Looks to be a presale at the moment. 

Yeah I don't think anyone posted the ones from yesterday! Probably likely Justice? 

I saw an email saying those who went last year got a presale code and that's what you have to enter when trying to buy at the minute, I'll wait for a few more names anyway before pulling the trigger. Be interesting to see what happens with QOTSA, because this will be huge if they actually aren't headlining.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From the best line-up of the year to the most disappointing one so far. QOTSA and nothing else, i know PJ are coming for sure, but i'll need much more than that to be back  

  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, pete76 said:

From the best line-up of the year to the most disappointing one so far. QOTSA and nothing else, i know PJ are coming for sure, but i'll need much more than that to be back  

Total opposite for me. Depending on the headliners it could be the line up of the summer. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, pete76 said:

From the best line-up of the year to the most disappointing one so far. QOTSA and nothing else, i know PJ are coming for sure, but i'll need much more than that to be back  

136 bands still to be announced, no headliners announced yet. Too soon for me to take a decision.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, foolee said:

France are the new co ordinates so thinking it’ll be Phoenix 

Coordinates points to Paris, and Phoenix are from Versalles so I don't think they are the band...

Maybe Justice? Shaka Ponk?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just read this article (via translate), that says the rumours are we'll keep getting coordinates until 5th December and we'll then get the poster so far and tickets will go on general sale. 

Also listed Pearl Jam, Arctics, Coldplay and The Killers as potential headliners. 

Hope this is the case because we should have a fair chunk of the acts before having to make a decision with tickets. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2010, Bilbao. Alice In Chains were supporting Pearl Jam. What a day it was. Wouldn't mind repeat :-). Band of horses played 2 yrs ago, might be too early for come back

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, visdave34 said:

The coordinates are REALLY close to The Showbox, where PJ recorded a live DVD...

Greatest band on the planet will not be announced before December 

  • Like 1
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, visdave34 said:

The coordinates are REALLY close to The Showbox, where PJ recorded a live DVD...

Fleet Foxes, Band of Horses, Macklemore, Death Cab For a Cutie... They all played at Showbox... I don't think it has a link. I'm really excited for the coming week of festivals announcements :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, pete76 said:

Greatest band on the planet will not be announced before December 

Radiohead are coming?? :o

All jokes aside, my first reaction was also that it would be too early to announce PJ at this stage, but those coordinates are no coincidence I think. Sure other bands played there, but Live at The Showbox being PJ’s DVD title... Still, up to now all signs of PJ’s tour announcements pointed to December. I’m just a little less sure of that happening now...

For me personally, I’m hoping they are trying to put us on the wrong foot and announce Fleet Foxes or Death Cab tomorrow. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, visdave34 said:

Radiohead are coming?? :o

All jokes aside, my first reaction was also that it would be too early to announce PJ at this stage, but those coordinates are no coincidence I think. Sure other bands played there, but Live at The Showbox being PJ’s DVD title... Still, up to now all signs of PJ’s tour announcements pointed to December. I’m just a little less sure of that happening now...

For me personally, I’m hoping they are trying to put us on the wrong foot and announce Fleet Foxes or Death Cab tomorrow. 

Trust me PJ are coming, Werchter, Pinkpop, NOS Alive, Mad Cool and few non-festival shows

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, pete76 said:

Trust me PJ are coming, Werchter, Pinkpop, NOS Alive, Mad Cool and few non-festival shows

I’m not in doubt whether they’ll be coming or not, just if they’d already announce them tomorrow. 

Edited by visdave34

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, pete76 said:

Trust me PJ are coming, Werchter, Pinkpop, NOS Alive, Mad Cool and few non-festival shows

I hope you're right... Pearl Jam at NOS Alive with all my friends is one of my ultimate dreams; I've convinced friends to come to NOS Alive next year, which is already epic, but if Pearl Jam comes as well...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, visdave34 said:

I’m not in doubt whether they’ll be coming or not, just if they’d already announce them tomorrow. 

This. The rumors have always been that they'd announce their stuff around mid-december. Plus why would Mad Cool get the honor to announce the first PJ date and not some other festival (Rock Werchter?) or something from PJ themselves.

Edited by arcuse

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×