Mad Cool 2018

JBarbour

Hi guys, 3 days and we will be there!

I have a doubt tho: I sent an email to the assistence due to the fact that I had no news about the wristbands. They told me to send them the tickets in order to check it for me and after it they said that everything is fine and I will be able to take the wristbands at the festival (since I've mistaken and bout and entra peninsula ticket while I live in Italy) the day 1. 

Although I think it's just paranoia, I'm a little bit scared by the fact that I showed my ticket to somebody. I will bring my tickets and a print of the whole mail conversation just in case, but do you think I should be worried or be ready for war, or it is just my paranoia hitting high?

31 minutes ago, Yelo, the Parmiggiana said:

Hi guys, 3 days and we will be there!

I have a doubt tho: I sent an email to the assistence due to the fact that I had no news about the wristbands. They told me to send them the tickets in order to check it for me and after it they said that everything is fine and I will be able to take the wristbands at the festival (since I've mistaken and bout and entra peninsula ticket while I live in Italy) the day 1. 

Although I think it's just paranoia, I'm a little bit scared by the fact that I showed my ticket to somebody. I will bring my tickets and a print of the whole mail conversation just in case, but do you think I should be worried or be ready for war, or it is just my paranoia hitting high?

You will be fine, dont worry. No need to change your name to Yelo, the Paranoia yet:P

Anyone who bought Friday day passes on Festicket get an e-mail from the festival saying they had an incorrectly issued Thursday day pass that has been cancelled and that they'd need to collect the correct one on Friday by presenting their entry?

As well as a Festicket reminder, I got that as well. Made me very confused. Not least given I never received a physical bracelet as I only ordered it a month ago.

Honestly hit up O'Connell St bar for the semi/ final... went Mad Cool 16 and the raptures were fucking insane when Sturridge netted. Enjoy all

Edited by CJTM

New Photos of Main stages were posted on Azkena Rock Forum. Other pics: https://www.foroazkenarock.com/t60394p650-mad-cool-2018-morgan-biznaga-rival-sons-fidlar-white-buffalo-brmc-japandroids-at-the-drive-in

It looks like the screens are much bigger than most of the European festivals like Rock Werchter. This rectangular screens are like the ones in American festivals like Coachella and Panorama. We will have a big visual show especially for Tame Impala. 

image.thumb.png.ec3a332b746aa728a5f057aaf2ccf126.png

image.thumb.png.4ac0a6fd6d450498c980522535208232.png

Edited by birchtree29
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, popcornmaster said:

What's MadCool (or Spanish festivals generally) food like? 
Burger and fried chicken vans? Or something more interesting?

I recall the food being quite good last year. Mostly it was stalls and various vans. The problem was that there were not enough places to get food and they were all located in one small area. Trying to get something to eat at peak times was useless as you the crowds were enormous. Hopefully they will have corrected that this year.

14 minutes ago, elias said:

I recall the food being quite good last year. Mostly it was stalls and various vans. The problem was that there were not enough places to get food and they were all located in one small area. Trying to get something to eat at peak times was useless as you the crowds were enormous. Hopefully they will have corrected that this year.

Looks similar going by the map

26 minutes ago, elias said:

Yeah, looking at the map it looks like food will be quite compact again. 

Glad to hear it's not bad though. Cheers

25 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Looks similar going by the map

True. I'm just hoping the map is more of a guide than an accurate document.

Last year we learnt to eat as soon as we entered the site when it was quiet. The worst time was when a headliner finished.

2 minutes ago, elias said:

True. I'm just hoping the map is more of a guide than an accurate document.

Last year we learnt to eat as soon as we entered the site when it was quiet. The worst time was when a headliner finished.

I plan on double loading on tapas and booze in Madrid and then heading out. 

Were there searches last year? Wondering about the hip flask.

1 minute ago, The Nal said:

Were there searches last year? Wondering about the hip flask.

Yes, there were. I remember women being sent to one queue and men to another. Bags were searched and I think there was a perfunctory pat down. Strap the hip flask to the inner thigh. Could be refreshing if you've just got it out of the fridge.

2 minutes ago, elias said:

Yes, there were. I remember women being sent to one queue and men to another. Bags were searched and I think there was a perfunctory pat down. Strap the hip flask to the inner thigh. Could be refreshing if you've just got it out of the fridge.

Cheers. I usually stuff it down the front of the pants under the belt. They can't really pat you down there.

7 minutes ago, OddRon said:

Tried tweeting mad cool but no responses 

when does wristband exchange open on Thursday and is a driving license okay as don't want to take passport to festival 

any help would be great cheers 

I saw them saying 16:00 on Facebook.

• Upvote 1

New pictures on Azkena Rock Forum.https://www.foroazkenarock.com/t60394p900-mad-cool-2018-morgan-biznaga-rival-sons-fidlar-white-buffalo-brmc-japandroids-at-the-drive-in

It looks like we will be able to hear the other main stage while waiting on the other one (listening to Fleet Foxes while waiting for Tame Impala or listening to Tame Impala while waiting for Pearl Jam etc.) 

image.thumb.png.78942b847d15acc6c9e48c3d304332fa.pngimage.thumb.png.b033d0cc2e17564b958f4d5a892c7e82.png

image.png

image.png