Mad Cool 2018

JBarbour

23 hours ago, The Placid Casual said:

Can you all answer this please?

I need to know which bars to avoid, and whether any bars will have Croats in attendance.

I'm also keen to find a bar with an abundance of vocal Croats!  As an aside, a 'Placid Casual' also posts on a Cardiff City Message board.  Are you the same person or just another SFA fan?

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, mrchnry said:

O'Connell St mate. There's gonna be 12 of us there. Girls and lads, gonna hit a karaoke bar afterwards if we win. here's the google maps link if you decide to come down on the day. 

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/O'Connell+St/@40.4157575,-3.7022611,15z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0x9475b883c0d18849!8m2!3d40.4157575!4d-3.7022611

It's pretty big and there's big screens and a projector I think> it's near where we're staying so will pop in on Monday to  make sure it's gonna be on and will update here. 

Nice one mate! Not too far from where we're staying either. Let us know how it is and probably see you there Wednesday! 

35 minutes ago, with_tired_eyes said:

The plan looks like it's very small. I'm just thinking of how could it work that Loop and Thunder Bitch are so close toghether and have shared time-slots for their artists?

Loop and Thunder Bitch "tents" looks quite solid, so it won't be a problem if they'll have inner sides next to each other closed.

But I'm worried about restaurant area - it looks small and waiting 1 hour for a beer would be annoying.

Here are the links for all the Rock Werchter setlists for the artists that will perform in Mad Cool as well. You can compare the setlists by checking how long the setlist is in each festival

Pearl Jam :120 min at RW, 125 at MC

Queens of the Stone Age: 105 min at RW, 75 min at MC

Jack White: 90 min at RW and MC

Arctic Monkeys: 90 min at RW and MC

Nine Inch Nails: 75 min at RW, 80 min at MC

Jack Johnson: 75 min at RW, 70 min at MC

James Bay: 75 min at RW, 60 min at MC

Fleet Foxes: 70 min at RW and MC

Post Malone: 60 min at RW, 70 min at MC

MGMT: 60 min at RW, 80 min at MC

Eels: 60 min at RW and MC

Franz Ferdinand: 60 min at RW, 80 min at MC

Snow Patrol: 60 min at RW, 75 min at MC

Alice In Chains: 60 min at RW, 70 min at MC

At The Drive In: 60 min at RW, 70 min at MC

Ben Howard: 60 min at RW and MC

Black Rebel Motorcycle Club: 60 min at RW and MC

Gang of Youths: 50 min at RW, 35 min at MC

Rival Sons: at 45 min at RW and 60 min at MC

Wolf Alice: 35 min at RW, 50 min at MC

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, The Placid Casual said:

Will the bars be in the restaurant area or scattered around?

Last year there were bars everywhere! It was easy to get a drink whenever you wanted, Hopefully it will be the same this year even with the increased capacity.

17 hours ago, Kirie said:

Hi,guys! I know it was answered earlier, but mb I've missed this part, could you recommend some good places, not very crowded, but with good kitchen/prices and it would be nice if you also recommend some sight which tourists have 2 see. (Most interesting in ur opinion) 

Would really appreciate your help, pals ^^

If you are interested in football, take a bernabeu tour. Other places to ses are the Royal Palace, Prado Museum, Thyssen Museum, Reina Sofia Museum, National Archaeological Museum, Sorolla Museum, Cerralbo Museum, Plaza Mayor, El Retiro Park, Basilica of San Francisco El Grande.

For food, I would avoid Plaza Mayor, is a tourist trap. For good tapas check out the tapas bar at cava baja street. Other are for bars and food is around Plaza Santa Ana. For the nightlife check out Malasana area.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, berger55 said:

For food, I would avoid Plaza Mayor, is a tourist trap. For good tapas check out the tapas bar at cava baja street. Other are for bars and food is around Plaza Santa Ana. For the nightlife check out Malasana area.

Agree but Bar La Campana just outside Plaza Mayor is an obligatory stop Imo ;)

6 minutes ago, alan_ts said:

Agree but Bar La Campana just outside Plaza Mayor is an obligatory stop Imo ;)

Thank you! Ill check it out.

And during the day, I recommend to check out some foodie markets for fresh food and a beer: Mercado San Miguel, Mercado San Anton (nice rooftop bar) or Mercado San Ildefonso. Because the tapas bars are more in the afternoon, the Spanish eating times are not so easy to understand :)

• Upvote 2

14 hours ago, Kirie said:

Guys?)

Calle Cava Baja in La Latina (Casa Lucas, La Perejila, Txakolina, Txirimiri, Almendro 13, Delic), Plaza Santa Ana (Las Bravas, Malaspina, Casa Del Abuelo, Vinotecha Barbecheria), Calle Huertas (Casa Alberto, Casa Gonzalez), or get the metro to Bilbao or Tribunal. Lots of nice food/drink places there.

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, mrchnry said:

O'Connell St mate. There's gonna be 12 of us there. Girls and lads, gonna hit a karaoke bar afterwards if we win. here's the google maps link if you decide to come down on the day. 

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/O'Connell+St/@40.4157575,-3.7022611,15z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0x9475b883c0d18849!8m2!3d40.4157575!4d-3.7022611

It's pretty big and there's big screens and a projector I think> it's near where we're staying so will pop in on Monday to  make sure it's gonna be on and will update here. 

Can you please check if they'll have english commentary too? If so, see you there. Cheers

Got 3 tickets to the MGMT pre-show on the Wednesday if anyone wants them? Pretty much give them away, as didn't realise the semi final is on at the same time. if anyone doesn't like football & wants them let me know.

On 7/8/2018 at 3:20 PM, mrchnry said:

20 hours ago, Dom Wall said:

Where we saying for the WC Final? Guessing there won't be a big screen now Spain are out..

5 hours ago, The Martini Police said:

Can you please check if they'll have english commentary too? If so, see you there. Cheers

Other options may be the pubs which are usualy showing the premier league: https://www.shmadrid.com/blog/en/watch-english-premier-league-football-madrid/

Bo Finn (C/Velazquez, 97) – is your typical Irish Pub with good pub food and lots of pints. When the football matches are on, get there early or after the first whistle you’ll have a hard time finding a seat.

Elcano Tavern (C/. Alonso Cano, 57) – a new Irish Pub making waves with its great party type atmosphere.

Finnegan (Plaza de las Salesas) – is best known for its very own Rugby team the Madrid Lions, but being football fans is a close second. Check out this Irish pub for grub and futbol.

The Irish Rover and The James Joyce are probably the best well known Irish pubs in the city and are busy, noisy and rowdy, usually just how footies like to watch their games. Other notable Irish pubs include: Larry’s, Molly Malone’s, Moore’s & Co, O’Connell St, O’Connors, O’Neills, Public House, St. Patrick’s Abbey, The Celtic Cross, The Quiet Man, and the Triskel Tavern.

On 7/8/2018 at 2:20 PM, mrchnry said:

great shout, we will head there, will keep an eye out for your update!

ha, there it is..

what's weather like?

Cheers

Edited by Jangus