Mad Cool 2018

JBarbour

Tame Impala is probably the biggest exclusive of Mad Cool Festival. This will be their first concert in 12 months. (Last one was the legendary Panorama NYC concert https://youtu.be/1p3JqUAetVM ) They only have a concert in the UK on the 15th and 4 concerts in the U.S. this year. They just posted this after 3 months. It looks like they are bringing their whole visual set to Mad Cool Festival as well.

• Upvote 1

Sorry if this has already been asked but anyone know if there are any restrictions with taking a bag on site? Assuming a normal rucksack will be ok?

And also taking bottles of water onsite? Assuming unopened 500ml bottles are fine?

Thanks

14 hours ago, zeppelin said:

Where's everyone watching the game on Wednesday? :P

Probably at or around my hotel - we  are due to arrive at the airport at 7pm so we don't have much time! If we get through on Sunday I'll go to an Irish bar or something, it seems like they won't do a big screen as Spain aren't in it

21 hours ago, zeppelin said:

Where's everyone watching the game on Wednesday? :P

O'Connell St mate. There's gonna be 12 of us there. Girls and lads, gonna hit a karaoke bar afterwards if we win. here's the google maps link if you decide to come down on the day. 

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/O'Connell+St/@40.4157575,-3.7022611,15z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0x9475b883c0d18849!8m2!3d40.4157575!4d-3.7022611

It's pretty big and there's big screens and a projector I think> it's near where we're staying so will pop in on Monday to  make sure it's gonna be on and will update here. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Jack Johnson was a guest in Pearl Jam's set in Rock Werchter and he sang Imagine with Eddie Vedder.

Eddie Vedder was a guest in Jack Johnson's set and he sang Constellations with Jack Johnson. They played the same song together back in 2007 Kokua Festival in Hawaii.

After these guest performances I really wished Jack Johnson was on Thursday instead of Saturday.

Hi,guys! I know it was answered earlier, but mb I've missed this part, could you recommend some good places, not very crowded, but with good kitchen/prices and it would be nice if you also recommend some sight which tourists have 2 see. (Most interesting in ur opinion) 

Would really appreciate your help, pals ^^

2 hours ago, mrchnry said:

O'Connell St mate. There's gonna be 12 of us there. Girls and lads, gonna hit a karaoke bar afterwards if we win. here's the google maps link if you decide to come down on the day. 

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/O'Connell+St/@40.4157575,-3.7022611,15z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0x9475b883c0d18849!8m2!3d40.4157575!4d-3.7022611

It's pretty big and there's big screens and a projector I think> it's near where we're staying so will pop in on Monday to  make sure it's gonna be on and will update here. 

Efest's meet up ?

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Kirie said:

Hi,guys! I know it was answered earlier, but mb I've missed this part, could you recommend some good places, not very crowded, but with good kitchen/prices and it would be nice if you also recommend some sight which tourists have 2 see. (Most interesting in ur opinion) 

Would really appreciate your help, pals ^^

Guys?)

9 hours ago, mrchnry said:

Karaoke's a great shout if we win, exactly my thoughts to belt out the big 3 songs...please do update on O'Connell st!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kirie said:

Guys?)

For tourist stuff, the Royal Palace is worth it. And the art museums (Prado, Reina Sofia, Thyssen) are all brilliant. Guernica is in El Reina Sofia. Only one of those a day though as they take hours to get round. Otherwise you might find temporary exhibitions, such as Caixa Forum, a little easier going. El Parque Retiro is nice. If you like football, a tour of El Santiago Bernabéu??

Foodwise I am not too clued up on in Madrid. The restaurants in Plaza Mayor are generally good quality but pricey. Malasaña is a really cool area with lots of different cuisine, I would recommend taking a look there.

Edited by jtrousers1
  • Upvote 1

It is a much better map when you compare it to last year's. (2017: https://ibb.co/itzgRH) That distance from the Koko Stage to Madrid Stage is a long walk though. I will probably need to choose between Jet and Dua Lipa instead of watching half and half.

Also they added Friendly Fires instead of Glass Animals. They are the only band that Mad Cool shares with Bilbao BBK Live. I remember their song Skeleton Boy from Fifa 11 soundtrack. Edit: It was also on NBA 2K12 and NBA 2K16. Now I understand why I remember that song :D

image.thumb.png.1c4c097ef5df51c8da9adef041b551c0.png

Edited by birchtree29