Mad Cool 2018

JBarbour

Mad Cool Festival is going to have a Warm-Up Party on 11th July 20:30. MGMT will perform. They will have 500 tickets available today at 14:30 at this link https://shops.ticketmasterpartners.com/mad-cool-festival/ 

A warning though it is at the same time with Sweden/England vs Russia/Croatia semi final which starts at 20:00.

Edited by birchtree29

18 minutes ago, birchtree29 said:

Mad Cool Festival is going to have a Warm-Up Party on 11th July 20:30. MGMT will perform. They will have 500 tickets available today at 14:30 at this link https://shops.ticketmasterpartners.com/mad-cool-festival/ 

A warning though it is at the same time with Sweden/England vs Russia/Croatia semi final which starts at 20:00.

Had England been knocked out I would have gone, unfortunately I'll be dragging all of my group to the nearest pub/bar/public screening for the match!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, AndrewSmith said:

Had England been knocked out I would have gone, unfortunately I'll be dragging all of my group to the nearest pub/bar/public screening for the match!

Along with all the rest of us haha. What better way to get the party started than to see England potentially fire their way into the world cup final.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, birchtree29 said:

Kinda sad they announced it so late, watching MGMT in a 500 cap venue must be cool. We're arriving the 12th so yeah.

22 minutes ago, arcuse said:

Kinda sad they announced it so late, watching MGMT in a 500 cap venue must be cool. We're arriving the 12th so yeah.

Same here it would have been a great concert to attend to. At least, there will not be a huge crowd at 3 A.M. for MGMT and they are not in clash with anyone.

On 7/3/2018 at 2:07 PM, Dom Wall said:

So, if I'm going from Atocha to the festival it's only 1 zone right? And if there's three of us, we can use the 10 trip card? So, we could do the festival there and back for 2 euro each a day?

Yeah if you wait some hours for the first train in the morning after the end of the festival you can do it for 2 euro each day. Atocha is zone O and Valdebebas is zone A so its two zones. The cheapest single fare is 1.70 for 2 zones, or the " Bonotren 10 viajes" for 10 journeys for 10 euro. 

1 hour ago, JSmurphy said:

Unfortunately Glass Animals won't be able to perform at #MadCool2018? https://t.co/7FfCZAHkoO https://t.co/XsAOzoT5RJ

I have seen them last year and their performance is great but I would have probably choose Nine Inch Nails over them so I am glad that clash is over. 

They have also replied to someone that they will give information about a replacement band very soon

Edited by birchtree29

Just on the topic of metro talk;

We'll be travelling from the Charmartin railway station stop which is 1 or 10 metro line and will be wanting to travel into the city centre before the festival and then obviously the nearest metro stop for the festival days. 

Just wondering what the best way to sort out tickets is, will the 10 trips cover us for these zones or best off spending bit more on a tourist pass?

Also would the tourist pass cover travel on the railway stations from Charmartin to Valdebebas?

Edited by JamieT170

8 hours ago, JamieT170 said:

Just on the topic of metro talk;

We'll be travelling from the Charmartin railway station stop which is 1 or 10 metro line and will be wanting to travel into the city centre before the festival and then obviously the nearest metro stop for the festival days. 

Just wondering what the best way to sort out tickets is, will the 10 trips cover us for these zones or best off spending bit more on a tourist pass?

Also would the tourist pass cover travel on the railway stations from Charmartin to Valdebebas?

It depends how many trips you are planning to do during the day.

The tourist pass for Zone A comprises the following:

Costs for 3 day: €18.40

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

The Mad Cool festival will negotiate with the Administrations the opening of the metro after the concerts

The organizers refuse to pay the 180,000 euros that would cost a night line of metro, but will speak on Friday with the City Council and the Community

"A spokesman for Mad Cool explains that the position of the festival is not to assume the expenses for the opening of the Metro, although it recognizes that "they will not put obstacles" to the search of an agreement. Even so, it will charter buses, whose tickets can be booked on its website, for people who will go to Valdebebas to listen, among others, to international groups such as Pearl Jam and Depeche Mode. But he recognizes that the number of coaches will be insufficient to transfer all the attendees."

(Google Translate)

https://elpais.com/ccaa/2018/07/04/madrid/1530734847_903982.html?id_externo_rsoc=TW_CM 

• Upvote 1

On 7/3/2018 at 4:00 PM, The Nal said:

Keep an eye out on flights being cancelled on Thursday July 12th. Ryanair just announced a 24 hour pilot strike. No details on what flights yet.

Edit, appears to be only Irish based pilots. Not sure what that means elsewhere. 

Bit of panic about this, we're flying from Manchester on the 12th.

21 minutes ago, ConorC said:

Bit of panic about this, we're flying from Manchester on the 12th.

The dates of the strikes will be announced later on today

A UNION rep has said that Ryanair cabin crew will go on strike this summer in Spain, Portugal, Italy and Belgium – holiday hot spots for Brits.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/travel/6701842/ryanair-cabin-crew-strike-europe/