Mad Cool 2018

JBarbour

Thanks. Hope we get it soon as I’d like To know what stages will be close to each other to work out best routes for clashes.

Im planning to skip first part of Arctic Monkeys to see Young Fathers but would reconsider if they’re opposite ends of site.

Also interested to see what stages will be in an ‘indoor’ setting. 

2 hours ago, e2p2 said:

Sadly no. It seems that the former announcement was premature. 

Well, would love to know if there are some more updates on possible transportation because if the only thing of transportation from their side is gonna be buses to the city center for 80k people than they're seriously lacking.

38 minutes ago, Float said:

Thanks. Hope we get it soon as I’d like To know what stages will be close to each other to work out best routes for clashes.

Im planning to skip first part of Arctic Monkeys to see Young Fathers but would reconsider if they’re opposite ends of site.

Also interested to see what stages will be in an ‘indoor’ setting. 

You can see in this twitter thread about last pictures that they have taken today. It is still in construction right now but you can see that there are two tents next to each other. One of them will probably be the loop (electronic stage). I don't want to post the pictures here since it might count as spoiler but you can check from this link: https://twitter.com/CriadoEnterado/status/1011949755604271104

Edited by birchtree29
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

27 minutes ago, arcuse said:

Well, would love to know if there are some more updates on possible transportation because if the only thing of transportation from their side is gonna be buses to the city center for 80k people than they're seriously lacking.

They have posted several public transportation options to the website and probably update them if the hours of operation changes: https://madcoolfestival.es/en/transports.php

16 minutes ago, birchtree29 said:

They have posted several public transportation options to the website and probably update them if the hours of operation changes: https://madcoolfestival.es/en/transports.php

Yeah, I know but none of them (other than their buses) run through the night. If I wanna leave at let's say 3 am, I got the option to walk back lol, to take a cab back or take a bus from them and that's it. You see? That tram 8 line runs from 6:30 am till 1:30 am, so not the whole day and night. Hopefully they will tho..

5 minutes ago, arcuse said:

Yeah, I know but none of them (other than their buses) run through the night. If I wanna leave at let's say 3 am, I got the option to walk back lol, to take a cab back or take a bus from them and that's it. You see? That tram 8 line runs from 6:30 am till 1:30 am, so not the whole day and night. Hopefully they will tho..

Yes the only public bus that goes after 1 am is "NUMBER N2. PLAZA DE CIBELES- VALDEBEBEAS (Stop Camino Montoro)

SCHEDULE:

Thursday: 11:30 p.m. to 5:50 a.m.

Friday: 11:50pm to 5:30am

Saturday: 11:50pm to 6:15am"

Slightly OT but I saw a few people mention on previous pages that they were heading to Valencia straight after the festival...what's the best option for booking a train?? There's a few websites offering tickets but not sure which one to go with!

Getting close now lads!! This time two weeks I'll be sipping a pint in the darkest pub Madrid has to offer as I desperately try avoid the insane heat ?

6 minutes ago, CleetusVanDam said:

Slightly OT but I saw a few people mention on previous pages that they were heading to Valencia straight after the festival...what's the best option for booking a train?? There's a few websites offering tickets but not sure which one to go with!

Getting close now lads!! This time two weeks I'll be sipping a pint in the darkest pub Madrid has to offer as I desperately try avoid the insane heat ?

I'm heading straight to Benicassim festival via Valencia on the Sunday afternoon!

Trainline.eu is your safest bet. I've been using them for many years now when i've traveled via train in Europe and encountered no problems so far! Would be soon though as prices have been slowly rising! 

16 minutes ago, TheFullShaboo said:

I'm heading straight to Benicassim festival via Valencia on the Sunday afternoon!

Trainline.eu is your safest bet. I've been using them for many years now when i've traveled via train in Europe and encountered no problems so far! Would be soon though as prices have been slowly rising! 

Great stuff, thanks for that. 

Just booked a train for the two of us for dirt cheap on the Sunday! 

7 minutes ago, CleetusVanDam said:

Great stuff, thanks for that. 

Just booked a train for the two of us for dirt cheap on the Sunday! 

Last time I looked the trains were about 70 euros per person on the sunday. Have you booked the 6 hour one or something?

I've been absolutely shafted by both Renfe and Trainline this trip. 

Bought Trainline tickets for Valencia > Madrid but they didn't have the train that Renfe did for the return leg. Went through to the Renfe site and they didn't have the train available 10 minutes after showing it. Leaving me to spend 60-odd euros for an 8am train Sunday. 

Checked back on the Renfe site yesterday and they now have the 11am train available at like 25€. 

Naturally, I bought the non-refundable tickets so I've just been royally screwed. 

9 minutes ago, evilduck said:

Last time I looked the trains were about 70 euros per person on the sunday. Have you booked the 6 hour one or something?

Booked the 2 hour train from Madrid at 11:10 for €28 a head. I think there's a promo on at the moment that's why they're so cheap.

1 hour ago, birchtree29 said:

You can see in this twitter thread about last pictures that they have taken today. It is still in construction right now but you can see that there are two tents next to each other. One of them will probably be the loop (electronic stage). I don't want to post the pictures here since it might count as spoiler but you can check from this link: https://twitter.com/CriadoEnterado/status/1011949755604271104

Great find, that third stage (or what I assume is the third stage - the arch shape) is huge!

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, popcornmaster said:

No. Annoyingly, they've released cheaper tickets/sorted their website out. 

Bugger. We booked the 11:55 at about 55 euros each. Didn't want to wait and see them go up further!

Ah well, only two weeks to go now anyway, its going to be lots of sun and fun regardless.

Edited by evilduck

1 minute ago, evilduck said:

Bugger. We booked the 11:55 at about 55 euros each. Didn't want to wait and see them go up further!

I think it was the 11:55 one which was teased to me on both Renfe & Trainline but disappeared as I went to complete the order. Same, I wouldn't have expected an additional train at a lower cost closer to the time. 

I have to think positively and be thankful I won't be the last person leaving 12-man Airbnb. 

For the people still waiting on wristbands, is there a way you can track where they are via DHL? I’m having no luck with both ticketmaster and Mad Cool whatsoever. 

Wouldnt normally be bothered but as I’m not getting to Madrid till late on the Thursday and Gang of Youths being on at 6pm, I don’t want to miss out on then because I’m queuing up to get my wristband. 

22 hours ago, birchtree29 said:

Looks as though they've got the fake grass laid down again. Fantastic idea, particularly with the weather last year 

19 hours ago, TheFullShaboo said:

For the people still waiting on wristbands, is there a way you can track where they are via DHL? I’m having no luck with both ticketmaster and Mad Cool whatsoever.

My wife reliably informs me that our wristbands arrived via TNT and we received no warning e-mail that they were on their way. We have VIP tickets - I've no idea whether the delivery method is different.

2 hours ago, birchtree29 said:

It is early to estimate but the weather looks great this year https://www.accuweather.com/en/es/madrid/308526/july-weather/308526?monyr=7/1/2018

Screen Shot 2018-06-28 at 15.19.56.png

This is borderline the start of a sensible time-frame.

It's not like the Glastonbury threads which (I bet) are already talking about 2019 weather predictions.