Mad Cool 2018

JBarbour

21 hours ago, DownlnAlbion said:

Is anyone else on here going straight from Mad Cool to Citadel? Our flight leaves Madrid at 8am on the Sunday, heading back to our flat to drop our bags then heading to Gunnersbury Park 

Image result for citadel 2018

Fuck that, I'll still be sleeping in a Chueca gutter at 8am on the Sunday mate.

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, layasway said:

I too got this email as well as another saying we will be sending them out soon. Replied and sent my details to them and they emailed back 5 days later to say 'Thank you we have your booking info' I have heard nothing since and haven't received an email from the courier?? Has anyone else not had their wristbands, they are VIP tickets ?

Ye I'm waiting on ours. I emailed festiticket and they said they are working closely to get them sent and I will get an email

2 hours ago, JSmurphy said:

Nine Inch Nails' first set of their summer tour

Thanks for posting. So no Closer, The Hand That Feeds, Hurt and Copy of A? This setlist is s lot different compared to last summers setlist. I will wait until Rock Werchter’s setlist but if the setlist is like this, I will probably go see Glass Animals or Future Islands instead since they don’t play their top songs. 

5 minutes ago, birchtree29 said:

Thanks for posting. So no Closer, The Hand That Feeds, Hurt and Copy of A? This setlist is s lot different compared to last summers setlist. I will wait until Rock Werchter’s setlist but if the setlist is like this, I will probably go see Glass Animals or Future Islands instead since they don’t play their top songs. 

I think it may change as that is part of their mini residency in Vegas where I'm sure they'll switch it up across the 3 dates. I'm 2nd row for the gig at Southbank Centre next Friday for Robert Smith's Meltdown which'll be a cool experience but I'm expecting 2 completely different sets for London and Mad Cool.

1 hour ago, birchtree29 said:

I think expecting a band to play every hit every show forever is a bit silly, really. If you're a long-time NIN fan you'll get plenty of what you like with Wish, Gave Up, Head Like a Hole, Burn, and March of the Pigs... they have to make cuts to play the new songs the band is currently interested in sharing. Nothing wrong with that.

I mean, Radiohead went years without playing Creep, and also ditched My Iron Lung because it was too popular. NIN has been playing Hurt and Closer consistently for a long, long time. I'm sure they'll get back to them eventually.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

On 6/15/2018 at 10:02 AM, layasway said:

I too got this email as well as another saying we will be sending them out soon. Replied and sent my details to them and they emailed back 5 days later to say 'Thank you we have your booking info' I have heard nothing since and haven't received an email from the courier?? Has anyone else not had their wristbands, they are VIP tickets ?

Same. I ordered through Ticketmaster and still haven't had the VIP wristbands through. I emailed Golden ticket who said to check with the courier and I've emailed back asking how I can do that as we travel in a few weeks from the UK! I paid for shipping through ticketmaster so it's a bit annoying we are still waiting! 

Sorry i'm trying to use googlemaps to plan journeys, we're staying at Hostal Montaloya right by Tirso De Molina, what tube do we need to get to get to the festival and what tube was going to run throughout the night? is there a solid address location too, website just has coordinates and a rough map estimation which isnt helpful, any help would be fantastic thank you

On 6/14/2018 at 7:10 PM, Lukie74 said:

Anyone in this thread go last year, I was wondering about drink and food. Ive only been to camping festivals where you can eat/drink at camp. Was wondering how much I should look to expect to pay for a meal and then for beers. Need to work out how much euro I need

image.png.63a9fb1d38d642caafc6d4ab7aacfaeb.png

I've never been but came across this bar menu for 2016. Hopefully only add 50c (1€ max) on to those. 

I believe MADS refers to one euro.  

18 hours ago, OddRon said:

Sorry i'm trying to use googlemaps to plan journeys, we're staying at Hostal Montaloya right by Tirso De Molina, what tube do we need to get to get to the festival and what tube was going to run throughout the night? is there a solid address location too, website just has coordinates and a rough map estimation which isnt helpful, any help would be fantastic thank you

Light Blue Line, Pinar De Chamartin direction, to stop called Cuatro Caminos.

Grey Line from there to Nuevos Ministerios, then pink line to Feria De Madrid.

Bosh, Whammo, Done. That's your train route, get on with it.

• Upvote 1

On 6/16/2018 at 7:16 PM, Maggiemgill said:

Same. I ordered through Ticketmaster and still haven't had the VIP wristbands through. I emailed Golden ticket who said to check with the courier and I've emailed back asking how I can do that as we travel in a few weeks from the UK! I paid for shipping through ticketmaster so it's a bit annoying we are still waiting! 

Yes we ordered through Tickermaster too. I have had a reply from the Golden ticket people to say we should have an email from the courier in the next few days - still nothing. I noticed on one email (not on the translated part) that there was a date, translated that bit of the email and it states 'please check your spam tray if you haven't had the email by the 20th June' Will hold out and see if we get anything this week then I will be emailing again! It's 3 weeks until we leave the UK for Spain and we paid for shipping too. Will let you know if we hear anything. Annoying to have booked tickets for this last year and all standard wristbands seem to have arrived already! 

3 hours ago, popcornmaster said:

Same (but Valencia). The idea of heading straight back to work wasn't working for me. 

We should have an official Mad Cool takeover of a spot in Valencia since many of us seem to be headed there. :)

I've never been and I cannot wait!

• Downvote 1

On 6/17/2018 at 6:49 PM, popcornmaster said:

image.png.63a9fb1d38d642caafc6d4ab7aacfaeb.png

I've never been but came across this bar menu for 2016. Hopefully only add 50c (1€ max) on to those. 

I believe MADS refers to one euro.  

Errr...this looks like it could mighty expensive. Anyone know how many shots they put in each drink? I don't fancy paying €9 for a 'mini beer'!

Hi guys,

anybody in need for a hotel located near the festival location from Thursday 12 to Sunday 15? It is called Melia Barajas. In preparation for the festival I booked it in advance. But since we now have the possibility to stay with friends, I just wanted to cancel and was shocked that this not not possible anymore with a refund. It was 240€ for the 3 nights on booking.com. It would be great if someone would like to take over my reservation.

Just let me know via PM :)

Best Matteo

54 minutes ago, big__phil said:

Errr...this looks like it could mighty expensive. Anyone know how many shots they put in each drink? I don't fancy paying €9 for a 'mini beer'!

Copying @johnybegood post from 2017 thread - 

Last year, these were the prices. (1 MAD = 1€)

For 3€ you could get 0.5 lit. of fresh beer. It wasn't an expensive festival. 

(agua=water; refresco=coca cola/fanta; cerveza=beer; kalimotxo=wine+coca cola; combinado=spirits, gin tonic, rum coke, whisky...; Mini = 1 liter glass)

Edited by e2p2
  • Upvote 1