Mad Cool 2018

JBarbour

Thursday

Slaves > Eels > Leon Bridges > Tame Impala > Pearl Jam > Justice > Maya Jane Coles 

Friday

Real Estate > ATDI > Get some beers and something to eat > Jack White > Arctic Monkeys > Massive Attack > Erol Alkan

Saturday

Wolf Alice > Beers/wandering > QOTSA > Depeche Mode > Nine Inch Nails > Richie Hawtin > Underworld > Taxi straight to the airport

Fair play, it's a cracking run of acts for what the ticket cost. Would be good to see an actual site map at some point though to see how far all the stages are apart...

1 hour ago, jackarmy said:

Thursday

Slaves > Eels > Leon Bridges > Tame Impala > Pearl Jam > Justice > Maya Jane Coles 

Friday

Real Estate > ATDI > Get some beers and something to eat > Jack White > Arctic Monkeys > Massive Attack > Erol Alkan

Saturday

Wolf Alice > Beers/wandering > QOTSA > Depeche Mode > Nine Inch Nails > Richie Hawtin > Underworld > Taxi straight to the airport

Fair play, it's a cracking run of acts for what the ticket cost. Would be good to see an actual site map at some point though to see how far all the stages are apart...

Our Saturday is exactly the same (except for the taxi - ouch!)

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Our Saturday is exactly the same (except for the taxi - ouch!)

Ouch indeed for the taxi, however, in a way it's nice knowing I'll be back in Wales before 10am and ready to head out for the World Cup final a few hours later!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, The Placid Casual said:

My 3 days are looking a bit like this at the moment:

Thursday:

Slaves - Eels - FIDLAR - Tame Impala - Pearl Jam - Kasabian - MGMT

Friday:

Real Estate - At the Drive-In - Snow Patrol - Jack White - Arctic Monkeys - Massive Attack - The Bloody Beetroots

Saturday:

Wolf Alice/Pile - (wander around the site) - Queens of the Stone Age - Depeche Mode - Nine Inch Nails - Jet - Underworld

My schedule is literally the exact same except I'll be splitting FIDLAR and Leon Bridges! Helluva weekend ahead

Thursday

Mick Jenkins/Toundra/Ylia/Re-Tros > Fleet Foxes > Tame Impala > Pearl Jam > Justice > MGMT

Will be getting there early for wristband collection, so might as well see one of the early acts.

Friday

Kevin Morby > ATDI > Goat Girl > Jack White > Arctic Monkeys > Franz Ferdinand > Erol Alkan

Saturday

Repion > Cora Novoa > Jack Johnson/Frankie Cosmos > QOTSA > Depeche Mode > NIN > Dua Lipa > Underworld

18 hours ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Annoying init, guess their inevitable appearance with Massive Attack will have to do.

Word. Got myself a ticket for their winter tour, so could be worse. When the line up is as good as this there's gonna be clashes!

18 hours ago, the wonderwhy said:

Next Thing, ironically 

Ta!

58 minutes ago, MatheauWillis said:

If you are referring to that German festival cancelling their set because they support Palestinian rights and the BDS movement then you're a bit of a creep, mate. 

Isn't there a saying "what goes around, comes around?" - so if you're always the first to ask people boycott anything you should'nt be surprised if someone does that to you. (I alsorefer to another german festival, as you mentioned - last years pop.kultur)

Well, from a german point of view, this BDS thing (I only watch this from british bands) is kind of strange. But, I don't want to do a big discussion here: if you think you should support that, do that, but also live with it, if there are some consequences.

Edited by with_tired_eyes

42 minutes ago, with_tired_eyes said:

Isn't there a saying "what goes around, comes around?" - so if you're always the first to ask people boycott anything you should'nt be surprised if someone does that to you. (I alsorefer to another german festival, as you mentioned - last years pop.kultur)

Well, from a german point of view, this BDS thing (I only watch this from british bands) is kind of strange. But, I don't want to do a big discussion here: if you think you should support that, do that, but also live with it, if there are some consequences.

The festival asked them to distance themselves from the boycott and they refused to. Thus got removed from the line up. It only would have been "double-standards" if they went against their human rights beliefs and played it. 

John Maus (US) pulled out of Pop.Kultur for the same reason. They are living with it, it's stupid to call them "crykids" (wtf) for releasing a statement explaining to fans (who will no doubt be upset and looking for answers) as to why they aren't playing. The same statement has helped raise awareness of Ruhrtriennale's bizarre policies and has now been backed by Thurston Moore, Brian Eno etc so if anything it is the festival that is going to be hit with the "consequences". 

1 hour ago, evilduck said:

This is a weird conversation to be having in a thread about a spanish music festival. Do Germany oppose people who support Palestine because they believe it to be Anti-Semitic? 

Only BDS movement if I understood correctly by reading some reddit yesterday (ultimate knowledge right here :lol:

Edited by Nicklord

Anyone in this thread go last year, I was wondering about drink and food. Ive only been to camping festivals where you can eat/drink at camp. Was wondering how much I should look to expect to pay for a meal and then for beers. Need to work out how much euro I need

• Like 1

13 hours ago, DownlnAlbion said:

Is anyone else on here going straight from Mad Cool to Citadel? Our flight leaves Madrid at 8am on the Sunday, heading back to our flat to drop our bags then heading to Gunnersbury Park 

Image result for citadel 2018

I was planning to go to this but then I decided to go to Lollapalooza Paris instead. I didn’t want to miss the World Cup final since Spain has a high chance to reach the final. This festival will definetly have a better stage and sound system for Tame Impala. 

14 hours ago, Lukie74 said:

Anyone in this thread go last year, I was wondering about drink and food. Ive only been to camping festivals where you can eat/drink at camp. Was wondering how much I should look to expect to pay for a meal and then for beers. Need to work out how much euro I need

This, and would also be good to know if it's possible to have some drinks outside the gates before heading in (I know it's a new site, but would be good to know about previous years).

On 5/24/2018 at 11:59 AM, chrisophe said:

Hey - yeah I got that too. I got one mail saying to send details to that address, then another one saying it will be posted to me...  I guess it is legit???  Was yours a VIP ticket?

I too got this email as well as another saying we will be sending them out soon. Replied and sent my details to them and they emailed back 5 days later to say 'Thank you we have your booking info' I have heard nothing since and haven't received an email from the courier?? Has anyone else not had their wristbands, they are VIP tickets ?