Mad Cool 2018

JBarbour

I'm hanging out in Valencia after Mad Cool, and just realized it's an easy hop to Ibiza. Any opinions on whether it's worthwhile to jump over to Ibiza for a night/day instead of staying put in Valencia?

I'm a single guy, but not really into the 20ish party/EDM scene, and the beach in Valencia is spectacular on its own. Convince me?

• Downvote 1

13 minutes ago, SonicSleuth said:

I'm hanging out in Valencia after Mad Cool, and just realized it's an easy hop to Ibiza. Any opinions on whether it's worthwhile to jump over to Ibiza for a night/day instead of staying put in Valencia?

I'm a single guy, but not really into the 20ish party/EDM scene, and the beach in Valencia is spectacular on its own. Convince me?

We're doing a few days in Valencia afterwards too. I reckon we'll be too knackered and partied out so we just want to chill on the beach and drink a few beers. Ibiza is great if you want to go partying and hang out, otherwise I wouldn't bother making the trip. There are a few really nice bits but not near the main tourist areas, so probably not worth going to for a day.

46 minutes ago, evilduck said:

We're doing a few days in Valencia afterwards too. I reckon we'll be too knackered and partied out so we just want to chill on the beach and drink a few beers. Ibiza is great if you want to go partying and hang out, otherwise I wouldn't bother making the trip. There are a few really nice bits but not near the main tourist areas, so probably not worth going to for a day.

Thanks for the reply! I imagine I'll be tired as hell after all the travel and stuff, but Ibiza looks like something everyone should try. I imagine I'll just relax in Valencia. Maybe buy ya'll a beer! :)

• Downvote 1

3 hours ago, SonicSleuth said:

You can go to Benicassim for a day or two https://fiberfib.com/en/home.php

• Upvote 1

So, if we're speaking of other places - we (a couple) have about a week to spend after the festival in both Madrid and Barcelona but we are thinking maybe it's a bit too much, consider we may spend some time in Madrid during the festival too. We look for a cool place to visit for a day or more near one of the two, or on the way from Madrid to Barcelona. Any recommendations? Not looking for a beach or for party, just sightseeing in another beautiful city. 

50 minutes ago, jackarmy said:

On the look out for any weekend tickets people might have going spare for this one. Would also consider day tickets at the right price.

Cheers!

They will be selling a final batch of 500 weekend tickets on the 13th June at ticketmaster.es. They went on sale last week around 10am, check the mad cool twitter and website for details.

Hi guys, just looking to book accomodation for the festival. Currently looking at places in Villaverde and Altocha. Could anyone with a little more knowledge of Madrid than myself let me know which of these would be a better bet? Just worried about booking something too far away/hard to get to. Thanks! 

11 hours ago, Clairebana said:

Hi guys, just looking to book accomodation for the festival. Currently looking at places in Villaverde and Altocha. Could anyone with a little more knowledge of Madrid than myself let me know which of these would be a better bet? Just worried about booking something too far away/hard to get to. Thanks! 

Villaverde is very far, I wouldn't book there. Atocha looks fine though. You basically want anything by Centro, or a bit north or north east. The festival site is right by the airport. Apparently they are running the metro line 8 through the night, which will take you to Nuevos Ministerios, and I'm hoping there will also be some sort of shuttle bus to take people to the centre.

Hi all 

I bought 2 full weekend packs from FNAC that includes wristbands (that need to be activated) and some mugs and tote bags! 

However I now can’t go, so looking to sell the 2 wristbands. 

Is it as easy as activating the wristbands and the buyer would be good to scan in on the first day? Or would you need corresponding ID when you turn up at the festival? 

If anyone has any advice and/or would like to buy these, please reply or PM me. 

Cheers! Frenger

• Downvote 1

Don't like using this as a ticket selling tool, but I've got 2 x Friday/Saturday tickets for sale if anyone wants them ! Face value obvs but would listen to offers. Will happily meet up in Madrid for a face to face hand over if you don't trust sending dosh !

My 3 days are looking a bit like this at the moment:

Thursday:

Slaves - Eels - FIDLAR - Tame Impala - Pearl Jam - Kasabian - MGMT

Friday:

Real Estate - At the Drive-In - Snow Patrol - Jack White - Arctic Monkeys - Massive Attack - The Bloody Beetroots

Saturday:

Wolf Alice/Pile - (wander around the site) - Queens of the Stone Age - Depeche Mode - Nine Inch Nails - Jet - Underworld