Mad Cool 2018

JBarbour

My current plan is... 

Thursday:

Eels - Fleet Foxes - Yo La Tengo - Washed Out - the rest of Pearl Jam - Justice - MGMT

Friday:

Kevin Morby / Real Estate - ATDI - Goat Girl - Jain - Jack White - AM - Massive Attack

Saturday:

Wolf Alice - QOTSA - Depeche Mode - Daniel Avery - NIN - Dua Lipa - The Black Madonna

My Current Plan is [Only going thursday because I have to attend Melt in Germany]:-

Gang of Youths -> Eels -> Fleet Foxes -> Tame Impala -> Gold Panda -> Fatima Yamaha -> Post Malone -> Justice -> MGMT -> Maya Jane Coles 

What about you guys?

ps: i feel like im the only one moderately excited for post malone.

Hi! This will be my first experience for a major festival with clashes. I have to choose between QOTSA and Portugal. The Man on Saturday :(; other clash with Alice in Chain and Arctic Monkeys (I'm surprised for this one; this one was unexpected) . How easy it is to move from one stage to another (e.g. Stage 1 to 4). I know the layout is still unknown. I have a VIP ticket (good only for both main stages). Thank you.

I think my plan is:

Thursday - Eels, Fleet foxes, Tame Impala, Pearl Jam, Kasabian, MGMT - I'll leave Tame after an hour to try and get a decent spot for PJ

Friday - ATDI, Snow patrol, Jack White, Arctic Monkeys, Massive Attack

Saturday - Wolf Alice, Jack Johnson, QOTSA, Depeche Mode, NIN, Underworld

Arctic Monkeys v Young Fathers is a tough one for me. And QOTSA v Portugal The Man I suppose, where I might do half and half as I've seen QOTSA 5 times and it's been a while since they've interested me.
Aside from that I'm happy overall. 

Tame Impala and Massive Attack are my main reason for going, anyone else is bonus. And quite a lot of bonuses there will be!!

2 hours ago, JSmurphy said:

My weekend's probably gonna look like:

Thursday: Toundra, Fidlar, Tame Impala, Pearl Jam, Kasabian, MGMT
Friday: At The Drive-In, Snow Patrol, Jack White, Arctic Monkeys, Franz Ferdinand or Massive Attack
Saturday: Wolf Alice, Queens of the Stone Age, Depeche Mode or Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, Nine Inch Nails, Jet, Underworld

When you look at it like that you realise just how strong this festival's line-up is. Must be one of the best in the world this year.

3 minutes ago, 40 Days said:

When you look at it like that you realise just how strong this festival's line-up is. Must be one of the best in the world this year.

For sure, so glad we decided to do it. Only line up which is arguably better (for me anyway) is Rock Werchter.

Jack White vs Odesza is the worst clash for me. I saw Jack White 2 times and I really like his previous work but Odesza's live show looks great.

I am quite happy going to Lollapalooza Paris after this. All the bands that are in both lineups are clashing with someone I really want to see. Especially Kasabian, Portugal the Man and Kaleo. https://www.lollaparis.com/en/

36 minutes ago, LaurentExpos said:

Hi! This will be my first experience for a major festival with clashes. I have to choose between QOTSA and Portugal. The Man on Saturday :(; other clash with Alice in Chain and Arctic Monkeys (I'm surprised for this one; this one was unexpected) . How easy it is to move from one stage to another (e.g. Stage 1 to 4). I know the layout is still unknown. I have a VIP ticket (good only for both main stages). Thank you.

If you've never seen QotSA, see QotSA. They're really great at putting on a rock 'n roll show now. But I feel you on that conflict!

I think I'm doing Arctics > Alice in Chains and Kasabian > Justice as well. But not many other conflicts for me. 

The trains will be running at 4am? That's accurate? 

• Downvote 1

5 minutes ago, SonicSleuth said:

If you've never seen QotSA, see QotSA. They're really great at putting on a rock 'n roll show now. But I feel you on that conflict!

I think I'm doing Arctics > Alice in Chains and Kasabian > Justice as well. But not many other conflicts for me. 

Seconded. If you've never seen QOTSA - see them.

The 2 times I saw QOTSA they were pretty boring - especially at festivals. And Josh Homme is an asshole.

So I would advise Portugal. The Man.

Yes, the trains will be running during the wohle night, as the festival announced some weeks before.

Edited by with_tired_eyes

6 minutes ago, jimd said:

does anyone know when the festival site plan will be released?

This image is the closest we've seen to 'official'. Obviously it's just a concept but I'm sure they'll be aiming for something similar.

Image result for mad cool festival 2018

Pretty happy with this, a couple of annoying ones but nothing too drastic, I was expecting a lot worse. A couple will be dependant on what my girlfriend wants to see, because my priorities have changed slightly based on who I can see at Rock Werchter the week before. Leon Bridges and Fleet Foxes is probably my worst clash, but should hopefully be able to see half of each... Jack White and Sampha being another. I'll have a listen through the line up now, avoiding the ones clashing with people I'm definitely seeing, so could change.

THURSDAY - Slaves, ???, Fleet Foxes, Leon Bridges, Tame Impala, Pearl Jam, Kasabian, MGMT

Miss - Post Malone, Justice

FRIDAY - ???, Big Moon, James Bay, Snow Patrol, Jack White, Arctics, Franz Ferdinand

MISS - Ben Howard, Sampha, Alice in Chains, Massive Attack

SATURDAY - Wolf Alice, Rag'n' Bone Man, Jack Johnson, QOTSA, Depeche Mode, (One of NiN/Future Islands/Glass Animals), Jet, Underworld

MISS - Kaleo, Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, Dua Lipa

Ben Howard/Post Malone/AiC and BRMC I think I'm seeing at Rock Werchter anyway, and in an ideal world I'll end up seeing Massive Attack instead of Franz Ferdinand... but I can't dictate the whole weekend unfortunately ?

3 hours ago, Superunknown said:

For sure, so glad we decided to do it. Only line up which is arguably better (for me anyway) is Rock Werchter.

That's why I'm doing BOTH! LOL. Very few conflicts if I can use RW as the conflict-breaker! :)

Also, just got my Badmotorfinger tattoo, so looking forward to seeing some SG love in the PJ crowd. 

• Downvote 1