Mad Cool 2018

JBarbour

Thursday: Start with Eels vs. Toundra - Fleet Foxes or Leon Bridges, Yo la tengo - Pearl Jam - Justice.

Friday: ATDI - Snow Patrol - Ben Howard - Perfume Genius - Jack White (or Odesza maybe) - AM and some Songs of AIC to check a band of my youth - Massive Attack - Bloody Beetroots, if possible.

Saturday: Wolf Alice - Rag'n'Bone Man - Kaleo - PTM - Depeche Mode - NIN - Dua Lipa

Edited by with_tired_eyes

6 minutes ago, JSmurphy said:

Yeah it's going to be tricky to navigate between the two stages (with presumably thousands of others) to find a half decent spot. I don't wanna leave Tame Impala and Jack White a song or two early but it might have to happen.

Same here. Jack white ends with seven nation army but I really want a good spot for Arctic Monkeys. I might switch stage 20-30 mins before and listen Jack white from the main stage. I will leave fleet foxes 30-40 mins early to get a good spot for Tame Impala. 

Edited by birchtree29

Eels > Fleet Foxes > Tame Impala > Pearl Jam > Justice > MGMT

Real Estate > At the Drive-In > Goat Girl > Jack White > Arctic Monkeys > Massive Attack > The Bloody Beetroots

Wolf Alice > ??? > Queens of the Stone Age > Depeche Mode > Nine Inch Nails > Richie Hawtin > Underworld

Who tf is there to see between Wolf Alice and QOTSA?

1 minute ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Real Estate > At the Drive-In > Goat Girl > Jack White > Arctic Monkeys > Massive Attack > The Bloody Beetroots

Wolf Alice > ??? > Queens of the Stone Age > Depeche Mode > Nine Inch Nails > Richie Hawtin > Underworld

We're the same - before we had Rival Sons, Future Island and Black Rebel Motorcycle club to choose from. Nice big 2.5 hour gap to get drunk / discover some new music I guess.

19 minutes ago, evilduck said:

Wish there were more interesting alternatives while Pearl Jam are on though.

True dat. The latest Gold Panda record is pretty decent, but that will only take you 15 mins into Pearl Jam's set. I think I'm going to give Washed Out another go.

3 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

HFTRR + Frankie Cosmos.

Horrible gap between QOTSA and Wolf Alice.

Thursday: Slaves - Eels - FIDLAR - Tame Impala - Pearl Jam - Kasabian - MGMT

Friday: ATDI - Snow Patrol - Jack White - Arctics - Massive Attack - Bloody Beetroots

Saturday: Wolf Alice - Frankie Cosmos (?) - QOTSA - Depeche Mode - NIN - Jet - Underworld

Must admit I preferred the preliminary Clashfinder line up to the revealed one. 

4-way clash with the Arctic Monkeys which I was hoping would pad out the Friday for me (my weakest day). 

Fair few clashes on Saturday too. Particularly, Weval vs QOTSA. QOTSA highly influenced me buying a ticket but Weval was a pleasant surprise and I've not seen him before. 

Overall though it works out at 40€ a day and that's basically the price of seeing one of the acts so I really can't complain. 

8 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Anyone know Madrid? Struggling to find out the best way to get there from Madrid centre.

Metro line 8 to Feria de Madrid, or train line C1 to Valdebebas. Apparently 8 will be running through the night to get back.

Anyone who has been there last year who can tell me how the crowds are? Can you get to the front really easy or are there a lot of people caming all the time? Last year, I went to NOS and it was fairly easy to get up front to the smaller stages. Speaking of, how big are the smaller stages/tents exactly? Around 2/5k capacity?

That Saturday is relentless! QOTSA > Depeche Mode > Nine Inch Nails > Richie Hawtin > Underworld. With no breaks! Amazing.

A couple clashes for me but that was to be expected. I'll be choosing:

Justice over Kasabian

Mode over BRMC

Alice in Chains over Arctic Monkeys

Richie Hawtin over Jet

Could've been loads worse so I'm happy

Edited by SPTFRE
  • Upvote 1

Is anyone else a bit concerned about how busy the tent is going to be for Justice and Massive Attack? ?

Anyway, my current plan is:

THU: Eels -> Tame Impala -> Pearl Jam -> Justice -> Maya Jane Coles/MGMT 

FRI: Real Estate -> ATDI -> Snow Patrol -> Jack White -> Arctic Monkeys -> Massive Attack -> Erol Alkan 

SAT: Wolf Alice -> ? -> QOTSA -> Depeche Mode -> NIN -> Jet -> Underworld 

I'm just very upset about Saturday night with BRMC, Daniel Avery, Future Islands, and Glass Animals all on during Depeche Mode and NIN ?

Would have liked to have seen Paul Kalkbrenner, Black Pistol Fire, The Bloody Beetroots, Ofenbach, Washed Out, Fatima Yamaha, Kasabian, and Japandroids on the other days as well. 

God when written down that seems like a lot. 

13 minutes ago, arcuse said:

Anyone who has been there last year who can tell me how the crowds are? Can you get to the front really easy or are there a lot of people caming all the time? Last year, I went to NOS and it was fairly easy to get up front to the smaller stages. Speaking of, how big are the smaller stages/tents exactly? Around 2/5k capacity?

I think you can't compare it to the previous editions - new place, much bigger festival, new stages...