Mad Cool 2018

JBarbour

Thursday is perfect other than missing Yo La Tengo who I started to get into the other night. Will have to miss like 20 mins of Justice but oh well.

Friday works out well. Missing Sampha, Young Fathers and Franz Ferdinand but I expected at least the first two. ATDI, Jack White, Arctic Monkeys and Massive Attack were my priorities.

Saturday also works out well. Surprised Underworld aren't the Electronic Stage headliner but them clashing with The Black Madonna is pretty annoying. Will probably go for Underworld as they'll be more difficult to see in the future.

I'm really pleased overall. I'll end up missing Yo La Tengo, Fleet Foxes, Justice, Japandroids, Marmozets, The Big Moon and Young Fathers. Really torn between Franz Ferdinand / Massive Attack and Depeche Mode / Black Rebel Motorcycle Club.

My weekend's probably gonna look like:

Thursday: Toundra, Fidlar, Tame Impala, Pearl Jam, Kasabian, MGMT
Friday: At The Drive-In, Snow Patrol, Jack White, Arctic Monkeys, Franz Ferdinand or Massive Attack
Saturday: Wolf Alice, Queens of the Stone Age, Depeche Mode or Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, Nine Inch Nails, Jet, Underworld

1 minute ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Ah fuck just realised they haven't got the gaps before headliners like usual.

Yeah it's going to be tricky to navigate between the two stages (with presumably thousands of others) to find a half decent spot. I don't wanna leave Tame Impala and Jack White a song or two early but it might have to happen.