Mad Cool 2018

JBarbour

1 hour ago, alexlloyd said:

Was really hoping for them today when they said "In the coming days days" last weekend I assumed it meant this week. I'd have thought that means Massive Attack are on very late, which we'd probably assume anyway?

I already know I'm going to have to miss some people, I just want to know how bad it will be!

1 hour ago, the wonderwhy said:

I think that’ll mean the electronic headliners are last on them, if the Massive Attack stuff is true 

Pretty sure Bar Tool said ages ago that Massive Attack will be on just after Arctic Monkeys with enough time to walk over to that stage. Alice In Chains and ATDI are probably either on early or clashing with Arctic Monkeys.

Has anyone been before and can tell me if they had a merch stand? I wouldn't mind getting a tshirt with the line up on from this, they tweeted this earlier and responded to someone saying this wouldn't be available on site, so if there aren't going to be any others available I'll get this.

https://twitter.com/madcoolfestival/status/1002218156537106433

Edited by alexlloyd

2 hours ago, alexlloyd said:

Has anyone been before and can tell me if they had a merch stand? I wouldn't mind getting a tshirt with the line up on from this, they tweeted this earlier and responded to someone saying this wouldn't be available on site, so if there aren't going to be any others available I'll get this.

https://twitter.com/madcoolfestival/status/1002218156537106433

According to Lazaretto: “Yes, there will be plenty of models and very cool ones. This design is exclusive to the online pack. The idea is that whoever wants to can bring something from the festival the first day.”

• Like 1

2 hours ago, birchtree29 said:

According to Lazaretto: “Yes, there will be plenty of models and very cool ones. This design is exclusive to the online pack. The idea is that whoever wants to can bring something from the festival the first day.”

Great, cheers! I stopped checking that forum when inbetween Arctics clues we were getting ridiculed ? nice to still have an inside man!

Fingers crossed for the line up tomorrow.

"Will I be able to see my full Saturday schedule with, Wolf Alice, Future Islands, Dua Lipa, NIN and Depeche Mode?

Lazaretto replied: You're just going to miss one of those.  And I do not say anything else. You will have them very soon. "

Oh no. Hopefully it's just Future Islands. Saturday is going to be very hard.

12 hours ago, birchtree29 said:

"At the drive in, Queens of the stone age and Alice in chains have 70-75 minutes. Massive Attack does not conflict with any of these three, nor with both headliners."

70-75 minutes for QOTSA? or am i missing something here (hopefully)

1 hour ago, birchtree29 said:

Had a listen, on par with his previous albums but no big jump anywhere. Couldn't pick a stand out song from this album though unlike I Forget Where We Were and Every Kingdom. Might take a few more listens.

15 hours ago, birchtree29 said:

"Will I be able to see my full Saturday schedule with, Wolf Alice, Future Islands, Dua Lipa, NIN and Depeche Mode?

Lazaretto replied: You're just going to miss one of those.  And I do not say anything else. You will have them very soon. "

Probably Dua Lipa and Future Island, the first one playing at one of the Mainstages and the second one on the 3th/4th stage at the same time as scheduled in the clashfinder.

15 hours ago, birchtree29 said:

"At the drive in, Queens of the stone age and Alice in chains have 70-75 minutes. Massive Attack does not conflict with any of these three, nor with both headliners."

Massive Attack not clashing with both headliners means, they either play after Arctic Monkeys orr in between Jack White and Arctic Monkeys which I think is gonna happen. QOTSA not having atleast 90 mins a shame.

Friday is probably gonna go: Jack White (MC) > Snow Patrol (KOKO) > Arctic Monkeys (MC) > Alice In Chains (KOKO) with Massive Attack clashing with Snow Patrol.

I released an article for Festileaks yesterday, it might interest you : 5 fantastic bands you shouldn't miss at Mad Cool :) (obviously without taking the timetable in account) :

https://en.festileaks.com/2018/05/five-fantastic-bands-you-shouldnt-miss-at-mad-cool-2018/

• Upvote 3

6 hours ago, birchtree29 said:

Need to give it a listen but FJM has taken over, how is it?

Looking like Benny will clash with someone decent so got tickets for the Manchester gig instead. Hoping he doesn't though as I've wanted to see him for years so twice in a summer would be ideal.

7 hours ago, Mad Season said:

70-75 minutes for QOTSA? or am i missing something here (hopefully)

No, that's their normal set time at most festivals. Last year they co-headlined Riot Fest out here and did 75 minutes. They did do 90 in Houston earlier this year, they they were probably the biggest name by far (other than Beck, who was on a different night). 

Hopefully they'll just dump "Make it Witchu" since that's 5 mins of set time they use every show. LOL. 

• Downvote 1

7 hours ago, arcuse said:

Massive Attack not clashing with both headliners means, they either play after Arctic Monkeys orr in between Jack White and Arctic Monkeys which I think is gonna happen. QOTSA not having atleast 90 mins a shame.

Friday is probably gonna go: Jack White (MC) > Snow Patrol (KOKO) > Arctic Monkeys (MC) > Alice In Chains (KOKO) with Massive Attack clashing with Snow Patrol.

On Saturday the co-headliners apparently go QOTSA (KOKO) > Depeche Mode (MC) so I assume it'll be the same on Friday with Jack White on KOKO just before Arctic Monkeys on MC (seems there's always a 30 min gap before the MC Stage headliner so that's fine).

Pretty sure it was confirmed ages ago by Bar Tool that Massive Attack will headline the electronic stage after Arctic Monkeys finish with enough time to walk over to that stage.

Hopefully that's the case with the dance headliners every night so I can definitely see Justice, but it'd probably mean an annoying clash between NIN and Underworld.

7 hours ago, arcuse said:

Probably Dua Lipa and Future Island, the first one playing at one of the Mainstages and the second one on the 3th/4th stage at the same time as scheduled in the clashfinder.

Really hoping they use Post Malone and Dua Lipa as alternatives to Pearl Jam and Depeche Mode for the younger/more pop-oriented punters. Unfortunately I reckon both will be on the main stages.

6 hours ago, Gucci Piggy said:

On Saturday the co-headliners apparently go QOTSA (KOKO) > Depeche Mode (MC) so I assume it'll be the same on Friday with Jack White on KOKO just before Arctic Monkeys on MC (seems there's always a 30 min gap before the MC Stage headliner so that's fine).

Pretty sure it was confirmed ages ago by Bar Tool that Massive Attack will headline the electronic stage after Arctic Monkeys finish with enough time to walk over to that stage.

Hopefully that's the case with the dance headliners every night so I can definitely see Justice, but it'd probably mean an annoying clash between NIN and Underworld.

Quite sure Jack White + Arctic will play on the same stage.

The QOTSA/Depeche thing is due to NIN (an unofficial headliner) also playing right after Depeche on the same stage as QOTSA. Which makes total sense musically and schedule-wise.

8 hours ago, Joshua Homme said:

Quite sure Jack White + Arctic will play on the same stage.

The QOTSA/Depeche thing is due to NIN (an unofficial headliner) also playing right after Depeche on the same stage as QOTSA. Which makes total sense musically and schedule-wise.

Why does NIN change it? Arctic Monkeys will also have someone playing right after them... Or do you mean because they're an unofficial headliner they won't be on super late?

51 minutes ago, with_tired_eyes said:

I can imagine NIN playing at the electronic stage - between QOTSA and Depeche Mode.

Confirmed by Bar Tool that Saturday on the main stages goes Jack Johnson > QOTSA > Depeche Mode > Nine Inch Nails.

I doubt you'd see NIN on an electronic stage anywhere, anyway.

2 hours ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Confirmed by Bar Tool that Saturday on the main stages goes Jack Johnson > QOTSA > Depeche Mode > Nine Inch Nails.

I doubt you'd see NIN on an electronic stage anywhere, anyway.

Thanks for correcting! I haven't read that.

I'm not sure if I'd seen them at a tent stage somewhere before. I've just watched to much shows of them in the past 15 years (ca. 10) and can't remember everything. ;-)

Just checked the clashfinder for this and it's so perfect as things stand. Hopefully ends up looking similar but I feel like it's a bit optimistic to expect it to end up so clash-free.

Current plan would be as follows:

Thu: Eels > Fleet Foxes > Tame Impala > Pearl Jam > Justice > MGMT > end of Japandroids (missing FIDLAR)

Fri: Real Estate > Jack White > Young Fathers > Arctic Monkeys > Massive Attack > At the Drive-In (missing Franz Ferdinand, Alice In Chains, Sampha, Perfume Genius, The Bloody Beetroots)

Sat: Wolf Alice > Future Islands > Daniel Avery > Queens of the Stone Age > Depeche Mode > Nine Inch Nails > DJ Koze (probably - I've never listened but have heard good things) (missing The Black Madonna, Richie Hawtin, Underworld, BRMC, Glass Animals)

Still would be missing a fair amount I want to see but that's inevitable due to how many acts I want to see on the lineup. Couldn't have arranged it much better myself for my tastes (moving Sampha one slot earlier and Underworld one slot later would be the best two changes that could be made).

Hello! I’ve been lurking on this forum since I bought my tickets in January, but just made my account to post. My wife and I are coming from California with 6 of our friends. We normally do Coachella together but collectively decided to skip this year. My wife and I are very excited to be coming back to Spain. We will be showing our friends around for a couple weeks. 

Hoping for set times tomorrow!

1 hour ago, Writher said:

Hello! I’ve been lurking on this forum since I bought my tickets in January, but just made my account to post. My wife and I are coming from California with 6 of our friends. We normally do Coachella together but collectively decided to skip this year. My wife and I are very excited to be coming back to Spain. We will be showing our friends around for a couple weeks. 

Hoping for set times tomorrow!

Hey, happy to see you here as well after r/MadCoolFestival. Yes, we are hoping for schedule to be posted today. You can see the first confirmations of the schedule here

Edited by birchtree29
  • Upvote 1

Based on the current clashfinder:

Thursday: Slaves > Fleet Foxes > Tame Impala > Pearl Jam > Kasabian > MGMT (missing Milk Teeth & Justice - there was an earlier version that allowed me to see most of Kasabian and Justice)

Friday: Marmozets > Jack White > Snow Patrol > Arctic Monkeys > AIC > Franz Ferdinand > ATDI (missing Young Fathers, Ben Howard, Massive Attack and leaving FF early)

Saturday: Wolf Alice > Future Islands > BRMCC > QOTSA > Depeche Mode > NIN (missing Jet, Deaf Havana, Glass Animals and Underworld)

Would be really happy if the real lineup matches that, expecting a few changes though.