Mad Cool 2018

JBarbour

10 minutes ago, birchtree29 said:

First confirmation of the schedule. It is the same as in the clashfinder. It looks like we will get the set times this week. “Everyone is crazy to know the schedule of the festival, can you tell us the approximate time slot that you drive for the Pearl Jam concert?

They will leave at 23:15 after Tame Impala and before Kasabian. In a few days we will publish the definitive festival schedule.”

http://estupidafregona.net/2018/05/28/hoy-charlamos-sobre-pearl-jam-con-javier-arnaiz-mad-cool/

125 minutes is not enough Pearl Jam!! 

54 minutes ago, birchtree29 said:

First confirmation of the schedule. It is the same as in the clashfinder. It looks like we will get the set times this week. “Everyone is crazy to know the schedule of the festival, can you tell us the approximate time slot that you drive for the Pearl Jam concert?

They will leave at 23:15 after Tame Impala and before Kasabian. In a few days we will publish the definitive festival schedule.”

I knew it haha :p 

edit: well ya, not the exact timing tho, but okay editing the clashfinder!

Edited by arcuse

1 hour ago, birchtree29 said:

http://estupidafregona.net/2018/05/28/hoy-charlamos-sobre-pearl-jam-con-javier-arnaiz-mad-cool/

Fuck sake I was hoping Kasabian would clash with Pearl Jam and MGMT would be on afterwards. Hopefully Justice are on at the same time as Kasabian.

Also 125 minutes is a bit naff compared to their usual.

I'm so excited yet nervous to see the set times. I'm going to have some horrific clashes, there's no two ways around it with this many great acts! 

Slightly off topic: does anyone know likelihood of sneaking booze in based off last year? I appreciate it's in a new location and much bigger so not exactly the same fest, but curious all the same. 

4 minutes ago, arcuse said:

I don't understand.. 125 mins is.. a little over 2 hours and it's 5 minutes more than they get at Rock Werchter? How is that not enough?

They've got many songs to play and they often play long. If you have ever seen The Cure play one of their 3+ hours set, you would like to have that everytime you see them, so that you can't miss your favourite 25 songs. ;-)

11 minutes ago, arcuse said:

I don't understand.. 125 mins is.. a little over 2 hours and it's 5 minutes more than they get at Rock Werchter? How is that not enough?

Pretty sure they usually play 2.5-3 hours at festivals. It'll just be a little annoying if at Mad Cool we lose out on some of our favourite songs compared to those 2.5-3 hour setlists.

1 hour ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Fuck sake I was hoping Kasabian would clash with Pearl Jam and MGMT would be on afterwards. Hopefully Justice are on at the same time as Kasabian.

Also 125 minutes is a bit naff compared to their usual.

Actually I think my ideal situation was for Kasabian to be after Pearl Jam (with Justice clashing with Kasabian) and then MGMT after Kasabian. Could still happen, although I reckon MGMT will play opposite Pearl Jam.

11 hours ago, Superunknown said:

Because Pearl Jam's back catalogue is actually insane, 3 hours is barely enough.

They've only got 10 albums, thats not quite insane. I appreciate that they like to play long sets and cram as much as they can in for the fans, but I have to admit when I saw them last (2006?) I got bored halfway through. I would rather they did two hours and cut it down to the essentials!

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, evilduck said:

They've only got 10 albums, thats not quite insane. I appreciate that they like to play long sets and cram as much as they can in for the fans, but I have to admit when I saw them last (2006?) I got bored halfway through. I would rather they did two hours and cut it down to the essentials!

They always play the same formula, never the same setlist. They'll always play a mix of hits,  b-sides, covers (most of them are great renditions) and some more rarely played songs while the setlist itself is different than the others. So basically you'll have the same experience as a 3 hours set, just much shorter. Its not gonna be 2 hours of hits hits hits. 

35 minutes ago, evilduck said:

Most of them are very strong albums though and you'll find that they play most songs off each album at least once on their tours. As well as this, like e2p2 days, they've got a fair few b-sides, some which are actually hits, e.g. Yellow Ledbetter and some rarities. I get that 3 hours does seem a lot for a band with 10 albums but they really do have a lot of material and do a fair few covers so it's a bit disappointing for some fans that we're only getting two thirds of their 'standard' set.

If you click through on that link it says they plan on releasing even more tickets to counter the black/secondary market, which the writer of the article found is a good idea lmao. I sincerely hope they don't do that because it'll only end up overcrowding the festival grounds.

On 5/28/2018 at 1:26 PM, birchtree29 said:

Could be hugely misinterpreting this, but could this instead mean Tame Impala and Pearl Jam headlining different stages at the same time? Particularly with this in the previous response:

"Our idea was that they [Pearl Jam] would appear alongside Tame Impala in the front line, but finally they will lead on Thursday as headliners."
Edited by 40 Days
Addition.

3 minutes ago, 40 Days said:

Could be hugely misinterpreting this but could this instead mean Tame Impala and Pearl Jam headlining different stages at the same time?

Yes they will be headlining different stages but not at the same time. Pearl Jam will start on Mad Cool Stage right after Tame Impala ends on Koko stage. Kasabian will start on Koko Stage right after Pearl Jam ends their set on Mad Cool Stage. 

4 hours ago, arcuse said:

If you click through on that link it says they plan on releasing even more tickets to counter the black/secondary market, which the writer of the article found is a good idea lmao. I sincerely hope they don't do that because it'll only end up overcrowding the festival grounds.

They've been doing this every single edition so far.

And it was announced by Bar Tool (aka the bald in the picture) a long time ago they were going to do it again this year.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

The person with username “Lazaretto” who have seen the set times for Mad Cool gave several hints about it on Azkena Rock Forum. All are translated by Google translate.

"The schedules are made and will be published very soon. The plan was to have already launched them, but it had to be delayed for several reasons."

"Will I be able to see my full Saturday schedule with, Wolf Alice, Future Islands, Dua Lipa, NIN and Depeche Mode?

Lazaretto replied: You're just going to miss one of those.  And I do not say anything else. You will have them very soon. "

"At the drive in, Queens of the stone age and Alice in chains have 70-75 minutes. Massive Attack does not conflict with any of these three, nor with both headliners."

"In general I think they are very good schedules." 

"70 minute for Nine inch nails still stands, right?  Lazaretto replied: More"

Edited by birchtree29
  • Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, birchtree29 said:

The person with username “Lazaretto” who have seen the set times for Mad Cool gave several hints about it on Azkena Rock Forum. All are translated by Google translate.

"The schedules are made and will be published very soon. The plan was to have already launched them, but it had to be delayed for several reasons."

"Will I be able to see my full Saturday schedule with, Wolf Alice, Future Islands, Dua Lipa, NIN and Depeche Mode?

Lazaretto replied: You're just going to miss one of those.  And I do not say anything else. You will have them very soon. "

"At the drive in, Queens of the stone age and Alice in chains have 70-75 minutes. Massive Attack does not conflict with any of these three, nor with both headliners."

"In general I think they are very good schedules." 

"70 minute for Nine inch nails still stands, right?  Lazaretto replied: More"

Was really hoping for them today when they said "In the coming days days" last weekend I assumed it meant this week. I'd have thought that means Massive Attack are on very late, which we'd probably assume anyway?

I already know I'm going to have to miss some people, I just want to know how bad it will be!

Edited by alexlloyd