Mad Cool 2018

JBarbour

47 minutes ago, alexlloyd said:

Yeah I'm waiting for the set times before I decide how to hande the clashes at Rock Werchter, hopefully won't be too long. I'm more interested in being able to book their shuttle buses back from the festival, I've currently got four rooms on booking.com in the hope I end up with at least one near a drop off point ?

Yes I am waiting for Mad Cool and Lollapalooza Paris's set times to decide on the clashes as well. Last year they posted about shuttle passes in June 13th so they might post in a couple of weeks

• Upvote 1

The current clashfinder suits me quite well (if accurate). Compared to the previous one I'd seen I now have less clashes but will still be missing out on Ben Howard, Massive Attack, Jet, Deaf Havana, Glass Animals and Underworld. I'll be really happy if I can see a big chunk of Pearl Jam, Justice, MGMT and Kasabian all in one night... whether that actually happens is a different question

8 hours ago, birchtree29 said:

Yes I am waiting for Mad Cool and Lollapalooza Paris's set times to decide on the clashes as well. Last year they posted about shuttle passes in June 13th so they might post in a couple of weeks

Great, cheers, I'll keep an eye out! No set times today then... fingers crossed this week or next.

Edited by alexlloyd

Hey guys. Just a little question about Madrid. Arriving on Monday night and looking for some good nightlife. From the UK, staying in the city centre. Just looking for any good clubs/late night bars that will be good Monday-Wednesday. Cheers. 

Ps. About the festival itself. How easy is it to get food/drinks into the arena? Will you be okay with it in a bag or would you have to be a bit more subtle about it(if that would be any good) 

Blackbear has been cancelling a few festival  performances for the summer (Lollapalooza Chicago & HARD) aswell as his support for a Kygo-tour. Today I stumbled across another cancellation for Les Ardentes, wondering if he'll cancel Mad Cool aswell then..

30 minutes ago, arcuse said:

Blackbear has been cancelling a few festival  performances for the summer (Lollapalooza Chicago & HARD) aswell as his support for a Kygo-tour. Today I stumbled across another cancellation for Les Ardentes, wondering if he'll cancel Mad Cool aswell then..

Wouldn't share a year if that happened ahah

56 minutes ago, arcuse said:

Yes they just announced DVSN instead of blackbear

Edited by birchtree29

1 hour ago, kagey said:

Has anyone else had an email from Mad Cool asking to send ticket details to firstgoldenticket.es so that they can send out wristbands ?

Hey - yeah I got that too. I got one mail saying to send details to that address, then another one saying it will be posted to me...  I guess it is legit???  Was yours a VIP ticket?

1 hour ago, kagey said:

Has anyone else had an email from Mad Cool asking to send ticket details to firstgoldenticket.es so that they can send out wristbands ?

Yes, we did. I think it might be for VIP ticket holders.

Last year they didn't send out wristbands and we picked them up at the festival.

26 minutes ago, birchtree29 said:

They replied to someone who asked for the schedule. Hopefully we will get it next week

7BE2703C-E582-4C30-B9FE-031847FFD80D.jpeg

That's me :P Was just about to post it here.

Still no real indication then...

Edit: Just spotted my great grammar in there too....

Edited by AndrewSmith
  • Upvote 1

With the amount of updates they've been doing the past week, I think they'll announce it next week.

Though they've still got to give us a lot of information regarding shuttle / transportation, how the map is gonna look, prices (maybe?) etc so we're not done yet :p 

On 5/23/2018 at 2:31 AM, birchtree29 said:

Coachella does that every year and that makes it really hard to plan and get ready for the festival at the same time. If we know it beforehand, we will worry much less about clashes since we will more time to plan. Also, half of Mad Cool's lineup will be at Rock Werchter a week before and most of them will probably play the same setlist in Madrid.

Coachella is the worst in so many ways, from ticket price to set times (subheadliners with 55 minute sets. Yuck.) to disclosure of the schedule. I don't really understand the hipster fascination with that fest, it's easily my least favorite of the big US fests! (Of course, I'm not a big EDM guy, either... and that's most of the draw. Or it was before POP took over.)

• Downvote 1

On 5/20/2018 at 11:30 AM, Ovechkin said:

I got a mail on friday that a package was being shipped to me from Madrid, I guess thats my tickets. Finally, I was also a bit worried.

Bought 3 x 1 day 2 x person in january and I live in Sweden. I think they ship based on your country of residence rather when you bought it. 

Well, I received the wristband yesterday without an email warning... So I guess we can expect anything ?

Still mulling over the idea of a 13/07 day trip... probably leaving it a bit late. But as I'm unsure if the ticket would shipped to the UK in time, or if the "shipping in Iberia" option would work that I previously saw on Ticketmaster Spain, is Festicket reliable?

Edited by charlierc

5 hours ago, charlierc said:

Still mulling over the idea of a 13/07 day trip... probably leaving it a bit late. But as I'm unsure if the ticket would shipped to the UK in time, or if the "shipping in Iberia" option would work that I previously saw on Ticketmaster Spain, is Festicket reliable?

Yeah, think most people on here (myself included) used Festicket.

First confirmation of the schedule. It is the same as in the clashfinder. It looks like we will get the set times this week. “Everyone is crazy to know the schedule of the festival, can you tell us the approximate time slot that you drive for the Pearl Jam concert?

They will leave at 23:15 after Tame Impala and before Kasabian. In a few days we will publish the definitive festival schedule.”

http://estupidafregona.net/2018/05/28/hoy-charlamos-sobre-pearl-jam-con-javier-arnaiz-mad-cool/

Edited by birchtree29