Mad Cool 2018

JBarbour

Hi all.  New here so hopefully this isn’t’t something that has been asked before but for this fest would you trust buying 3-day passes from a resale site like Stubhub, Viagogo, etc. or would you recommend buying Friday and Saturday passes directly from the festival and hoping that a Thursday becomes available in the future.  Would like to avoid buying counterfeit passes.  Thanks 

16 minutes ago, Radio cure said:

Hi all.  New here so hopefully this isn’t’t something that has been asked before but for this fest would you trust buying 3-day passes from a resale site like Stubhub, Viagogo, etc. or would you recommend buying Friday and Saturday passes directly from the festival and hoping that a Thursday becomes available in the future.  Would like to avoid buying counterfeit passes.  Thanks 

I'd never buy tickets from Viagogo, ever! StubHub has a slightly better reputation but still empowers touts.

I'd exhaust platforms such as Twitter, Twickets, forums first before going to either. A MadCool representative did at one point suggest that there may be a small amount on sale nearer the festival.

2 hours ago, AndrewSmith said:

I'd never buy tickets from Viagogo, ever! StubHub has a slightly better reputation but still empowers touts.

I'd exhaust platforms such as Twitter, Twickets, forums first before going to either. A MadCool representative did at one point suggest that there may be a small amount on sale nearer the festival.

Thanks I appreciate the advice

21 hours ago, Radio cure said:

Yes they just posted a warning on twitter about third party sellers.

On 5/16/2018 at 2:05 PM, Radio cure said:

Hey. Try this page. www.milanuncios.com. There are people selling tickets that already have the bracelets. 

Hi. 

Can anyone share the info regarding this question -

I brought E- tickets via 3rd party - Seatwave site. These tickets contain the names of the previous holders (they used festicket to buy  them). Seatwave support told me that I don't need to change the name on the ticket.

"
Because we’re a marketplace where tickets are resold they’re often printed with the original purchaser’s name on, but this won’t affect your booking and the tickets are still valid for your entry to the event.
Unfortunately, the name cannot be changed but that will not be a problem for you when attending the event."

But it's pretty clear from the ticket that I must show my ID. What I suppose to do in this case? Thank you

1 hour ago, GiovanniG said:

Hi. 

Can anyone share the info regarding this question -

I brought E- tickets via 3rd party - Seatwave site. These tickets contain the names of the previous holders (they used festicket to buy  them). Seatwave support told me that I don't need to change the name on the ticket.

"
Because we’re a marketplace where tickets are resold they’re often printed with the original purchaser’s name on, but this won’t affect your booking and the tickets are still valid for your entry to the event.
Unfortunately, the name cannot be changed but that will not be a problem for you when attending the event."

But it's pretty clear from the ticket that I must show my ID. What I suppose to do in this case? Thank you

I have seen on a facegroup page that festiticket can change the name on the ticket. I doubt they will be checking ID against the tickets but contact festiticket anyway. I've sent them a messge on Facebook and got a quick reply. 

Edited by Walshy24

17 hours ago, Walshy24 said:

I have seen on a facegroup page that festiticket can change the name on the ticket. I doubt they will be checking ID against the tickets but contact festiticket anyway. I've sent them a messge on Facebook and got a quick reply. 

Thank you! I've contacted festicket few days ago, but the've told me that I should contact MadFest directly. I've tried to reach them throught twitter and email, but no reply

14 hours ago, sophiec said:

Is it normal to not have received the wristband yet? I bought it in January.

I'm getting worried..... I'm new to this, I don't know what to and not to expect.....

I got a mail on friday that a package was being shipped to me from Madrid, I guess thats my tickets. Finally, I was also a bit worried.

Bought 3 x 1 day 2 x person in january and I live in Sweden. I think they ship based on your country of residence rather when you bought it. 

20 hours ago, sophiec said:

Is it normal to not have received the wristband yet? I bought it in January.

I'm getting worried..... I'm new to this, I don't know what to and not to expect.....

Which site did you buy from? Ticketmaster.es are sending wristbands, but festicket are only posting them if you bought VIP. 

9 hours ago, birchtree29 said:

Dates of when set times were released previous years are Thursday April 28th in 2016 and Wednesday May 24th in 2017. I am hoping for a tweet tomorrow with the set times. 

If you ask me, they can release the set times 3 days before the festival, so there's less time to worry about the clashes.

1 minute ago, with_tired_eyes said:

If you ask me, they can release the set times 3 days before the festival, so there's less time to worry about the clashes.

Coachella does that every year and that makes it really hard to plan and get ready for the festival at the same time. If we know it beforehand, we will worry much less about clashes since we will more time to plan. Also, half of Mad Cool's lineup will be at Rock Werchter a week before and most of them will probably play the same setlist in Madrid.

Just now, birchtree29 said:

Coachella does that every year and that makes it really hard to plan and get ready for the festival at the same time. If we know it beforehand, we will worry much less about clashes since we will more time to plan. Also, half of Mad Cool's lineup will be at Rock Werchter a week before and most of them will probably play the same setlist in Madrid.

Yeah I'm waiting for the set times before I decide how to hande the clashes at Rock Werchter, hopefully won't be too long. I'm more interested in being able to book their shuttle buses back from the festival, I've currently got four rooms on booking.com in the hope I end up with at least one near a drop off point ?