Mad Cool 2018

JBarbour

Looking for some quick advice. Got some decent deals for hotels at the moment, there's 2 in tetuan, 1 in carabanchel and one in the centre. I imagine transport in the centre will be fine but what about Tetuan and Carabanchel? For getting to and from the festival and also into the centre of town? Will there be night buses that run to either of these locations? Either by Mad Cool or just general public transport. 

Thanks in advance 

33 minutes ago, glasgowboy said:

Looking for some quick advice. Got some decent deals for hotels at the moment, there's 2 in tetuan, 1 in carabanchel and one in the centre. I imagine transport in the centre will be fine but what about Tetuan and Carabanchel? For getting to and from the festival and also into the centre of town? Will there be night buses that run to either of these locations? Either by Mad Cool or just general public transport. 

Thanks in advance 

Google maps will tell you nightbus routes, or you can look them up, they are N1-N27. Last year Mad Cool only put on a bus back to the city centre, so I am imagining it will be the same this year. Go for the city centre if possible as it will make your journey much easier.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, evilduck said:

Google maps will tell you nightbus routes, or you can look them up, they are N1-N27. Last year Mad Cool only put on a bus back to the city centre, so I am imagining it will be the same this year. Go for the city centre if possible as it will make your journey much easier.

That's great. Thanks 

46 minutes ago, glasgowboy said:

Thanks in advance 

Avoid Carabanchel, its the complete opposite side of the city. 

I'm staying near the Bernabeu, which is technically in Tetuan I believe. Imagine transport back will be absolutely fine, just might have to wait a bit. 

• Upvote 1

Hi everyone..newbie here..i have emailed Mad Cool to ask if tickets bought on twickets would be ok for entry as the tickets some friends got from festickets are personalised but had no reply. I couldnt get the time off work back in december when they got theirs but that has changed so just looking to see if its possible to go now. Also does anyone know if there was a limited late release of weekend tickets last year? Thanks in advance and enjoy..such a great lineup!

Arctic Monkeys just had their first concert after 4 years in San Diego, California. Three of the songs from the new album had their live debut yesterday as well. You can watch a fan-recorded livestream audio/video from instagram: https://www.instagram.com/strangedaysindeed/ from app or from youtube: https://youtu.be/1H6-q59gZ44

Edited by birchtree29
  • Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, the wonderwhy said:

Was five in the end :D 

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/arctic-monkeys/2018/the-observatory-north-park-san-diego-ca-3ec6563.html

Live debuts from the new album: Four Out of Five, One Point Perspective, American Sports, She Looks like fun

Live debut from One for the Road EP: You're so dark

Edited by birchtree29

3 hours ago, e2p2 said:

Whats the most reasonable way to get to Madrid from Barcelona (in terms of money & time spent)?

Buses from ALSA or the train if you buy a cheap ticket in advance. Maybe have a look at blabla car too if that would be an option for you

6 hours ago, e2p2 said:

Whats the most reasonable way to get to Madrid from Barcelona (in terms of money & time spent)?

Alsa Buses are around 20-30 Euros but it takes 7--8 hours depending on traffic.

Renfe Trains are 60-100 Euros depending on the date and time but it takes 2h45m

Flight by Vueling are 40-100 Euros depending on the date and time with extra luggage and it takes 1h25m but with security and travel time to/from airports, it will take longer than the train.

I will be travelling from Barcelona as well and I am thinking of taking the train but it totally depends on what date and time you are planning to travel

Edited by birchtree29

21 minutes ago, birchtree29 said:

Alsa Buses are around 20-30 Euros but it takes 7--8 hours depending on traffic.

Renfe Trains are 60-100 Euros depending on the date and time but it takes 2h45m

Flight by Vueling are 40-100 Euros depending on the date and time with extra luggage and it takes 1h25m but with security and travel time to/from airports, it will take longer than the train.

I will be travelling from Barcelona as well and I am thinking of taking the train but it totally depends on what date and time you are planning to travel

Thanx! Ill be heading to Madrid at the 11th, preferably around noon,  after a good  night sleep after Pearl Jam concert :D

1 hour ago, berger55 said:

Last time I made a train journey in Spain, the tickets from Renfe become available 62 days in advance at midnight. Is it still like this? Because after Mad Cool I head to Bilbao for surfing :) 

I already got my AVE tickets a few weeks ago.

Just check the availability of your trip in their website. Though no AVE to Bilbao, yet.