Mad Cool 2018

JBarbour

On 3/7/2018 at 11:28 AM, Joey01 said:

Do you reckon there is any chance of this still happening?

I don't think so because Bar Tool said that before 3 day passes sold out and he left the forum right after it is sold out so there is no confirmation after that. Bar Tool also mentioned that they sold more 3 day passes then expected since Festicket had a christmas discount without informing Mad Cool

1 hour ago, alexlloyd said:

Did anyone get this email who bought from Festicket? I haven't had one and assumed I was just getting the eticket.

It's just ticketmaster.es I think. They send out actual tickets and wristbands, and Festicket just give you an eticket.

35 minutes ago, evilduck said:

It's just ticketmaster.es I think. They send out actual tickets and wristbands, and Festicket just give you an eticket.

Ahh fair enough, cheers! Was hoping to avoid the inevitable first day queues for wristbands!

4 hours ago, alexlloyd said:

Ahh fair enough, cheers! Was hoping to avoid the inevitable first day queues for wristbands!

I bought from Ticketmaster.es, 3 one day VIP tickets (one for each day) . I have 3 e-tickets (PDF with a bar code). Should I expect to receive anything in the mail? Probably not. Does it mean that on each day, I will have to get a wristband at the entrance or will the e-ticket and the bar code be sufficient? Thank you.

2 hours ago, LaurentExpos said:

I bought from Ticketmaster.es, 3 one day VIP tickets (one for each day) . I have 3 e-tickets (PDF with a bar code). Should I expect to receive anything in the mail? Probably not. Does it mean that on each day, I will have to get a wristband at the entrance or will the e-ticket and the bar code be sufficient? Thank you.

I really don't know to be honest because I didnt buy off ticketmaster, but those who have bought from there are saying they got an email so I'd keep an eye out. You'll definitely have to queue up at least once if not, but you never know they might give you all three at once!

in case mad cool isn't enough for you.. 

while searching of other concerts in Madrid around the festival dates I saw it on a Spanish forum, kind of a festival called                "Noches del Botanico" with just one concert in a day for more than a month.

I already got ticket for David Byrne concert on 10.7. I don't really know the other acts around mad cool dates. 

seems like a nice and small place for concerts and pretty cheap, the only problem is that the first world cup semi final is on that day..

anyone else interested? or been there? 

https://www.nochesdelbotanico.com/

David Byrne.jpg

2 hours ago, amfest12 said:

in case mad cool isn't enough for you.. 

while searching of other concerts in Madrid around the festival dates I saw it on a Spanish forum, kind of a festival called                "Noches del Botanico" with just one concert in a day for more than a month.

I already got ticket for David Byrne concert on 10.7. I don't really know the other acts around mad cool dates. 

seems like a nice and small place for concerts and pretty cheap, the only problem is that the first world cup semi final is on that day..

anyone else interested? or been there? 

https://www.nochesdelbotanico.com/

David Byrne.jpg

My flight is due in at 8pm on the 10th and the tickets for David Byrne state 10pm. Seriously considering giving it a go! 

If anyone has details on stage times/curfew from the previous years festival it may aid my decision :)

Rock Werchter just posted it's complete lineup. https://www.rockwerchter.be/en/line-up It looks like Mad Cool's main differences will be Depeche Mode, Tame Impala (which is crazy), Kasabian, Justice,  Massive Attack, Dua Lipa and Underworld. Rock Werchter's main differences will be Gorillaz, The Killers, London Grammar, Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds,Parov Stelar, Khalid,The Script and Marshmello.I am jealous of The Killers and Gorillaz but I am planning to see them in Lollapalooza Paris the week after Mad Cool. https://www.lollaparis.com/en/

1 hour ago, birchtree29 said:

Rock Werchter just posted it's complete lineup. https://www.rockwerchter.be/en/line-up It looks like Mad Cool's main differences will be Depeche Mode, Tame Impala (which is crazy), Kasabian, Justice,  Massive Attack, Dua Lipa and Underworld. Rock Werchter's main differences will be Gorillaz, The Killers, London Grammar, Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds,Parov Stelar, Khalid,The Script and Marshmello.I am jealous of The Killers and Gorillaz but I am planning to see them in Lollapalooza Paris the week after Mad Cool. https://www.lollaparis.com/en/

Stereophonics, Noel Gallagher, Stone Sour all on Rock Werchter too

5 minutes ago, DHG123 said:

Stereophonics, Noel Gallagher, Stone Sour all on Rock Werchter too

also kalkbrenner, jet, future islands, glass animals, lp, odesza, rag'n'bone , portugal the man on mad cool and a few more on werchter side too.

my feel is that werchter edges the battle a little bit, but it's a 4 days festival and more expensive.

Edited by neacaisa

Well, actually "exclusives" between the two fests are:

For MAD COOL:

Depeche Mode, Kasabian, Tame Impala, Massive Attack, Justice, Dua Lipa, Underworld, Richie Hawitn, Jet, Fidlar, Actress, , Paul Kalkbrenner, Sampha, Mamozets, Odesza, The Bloody Beetroots, Rag N Bone Man, Future Islands, Glass Animals, Portugal. The Man, LP, The Black Madonna.

For WERCHTER:

Gorillaz, Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds, The Killers, London Grammar, Noel Gallagher, David Byrne, The Script, CHVRCHES, Anderson Paak., Stone Sour, Parov Stelar, Fever Ray, Vince Staples, Stereophonics, Marshmello, Craig David, The Kooks, Khalid, Little Sims, Russ, Angus & Julia Stone, The Courteneers, PVRIS, Rone.

IMO the big losses for Mad Cool are just the Gorillaz day (shaped with all the collaboration performing earlier in the day) and Nick Cave - Friday's headliners are quite underwhelming, especially London Grammar - and David Byrne, CHVRCHES, Anderson Paak, Fever Ray, Vince Staples and Rone as undercards.

I might not be impartial, but I think that this year Mad Cool has won the fight 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

6 minutes ago, Yelo, the Parmiggiana said:

Well, actually "exclusives" between the two fests are:

For MAD COOL:

Depeche Mode, Kasabian, Tame Impala, Massive Attack, Justice, Dua Lipa, Underworld, Richie Hawitn, Jet, Fidlar, Actress, , Paul Kalkbrenner, Sampha, Mamozets, Odesza, The Bloody Beetroots, Rag N Bone Man, Future Islands, Glass Animals, Portugal. The Man, LP, The Black Madonna.

For WERCHTER:

Gorillaz, Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds, The Killers, London Grammar, Noel Gallagher, David Byrne, The Script, CHVRCHES, Anderson Paak., Stone Sour, Parov Stelar, Fever Ray, Vince Staples, Stereophonics, Marshmello, Craig David, The Kooks, Khalid, Little Sims, Russ, Angus & Julia Stone, The Courteneers, PVRIS, Rone.

IMO the big losses for Mad Cool are just the Gorillaz day (shaped with all the collaboration performing earlier in the day) and Nick Cave - Friday's headliners are quite underwhelming, especially London Grammar - and David Byrne, CHVRCHES, Anderson Paak, Fever Ray, Vince Staples and Rone as undercards.

I might not be impartial, but I think that this year Mad Cool has won the fight 

You are comparing a 3 vs 4 days festival though.

(However I totally share your opinion).

Edited by alan_ts

16 hours ago, LaurentExpos said:

Which one you bought? Could you choose from some shipping methods? I bought 4 normal 3day passes (cheapest option) from ticketmaster.es and I just got the email with the pdf tickets like you. I don't expect more stuff. Should work ;)

8 hours ago, berger55 said:

Which one you bought? Could you choose from some shipping methods? I bought 4 normal 3day passes (cheapest option) from ticketmaster.es and I just got the email with the pdf tickets like you. I don't expect more stuff. Should work ;)

I chose the eTicket for Delivery method for the 3 single day VIP tickets (not a 3 day pass as they were sold-out).  I'm not sure if regular mail was option. I got the etickets by email about one hour after the purchase. I suspect they will give me a wristband on each day when I present the eticket. We will see....

30 minutes ago, LaurentExpos said:

I chose the eTicket for Delivery method for the 3 single day VIP tickets (not a 3 day pass as they were sold-out).  I'm not sure if regular mail was option. I got the etickets by email about one hour after the purchase. I suspect they will give me a wristband on each day when I present the eticket. We will see....

Maybe you're lucky and you can get all 3 wristband together on your first day. But i wouldn't expect that.

When do you think the tickets will sell out??

Ugh can't wait to get the wristband. They are taking forever to send that email.... And I live pretty much next door to Spain... So many people posting tweets with their wristband boxes on Mad Cool's twitter.... 

Edited by sophiec