Mad Cool 2018

JBarbour

1 minute ago, LFC_1892 said:

Apologies if this has already been cleared up, I've had a look through the last few pages of the thread but can't see anything - Does anybody know what is happening in terms of Thursday? Will there be a 2nd man act announced like the other two days? If so are there any rumors as to who it might be

Pearl Jam are headlining outright on Thursday, if that's what you mean ^_^.

1 hour ago, LFC_1892 said:

Apologies if this has already been cleared up, I've had a look through the last few pages of the thread but can't see anything - Does anybody know what is happening in terms of Thursday? Will there be a 2nd man act announced like the other two days? If so are there any rumors as to who it might be

It is confirmed by the manager of Mad Cool that Tame Impala will be the second biggest band of Thursday

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, arcuse said:

Question, what if there is an electronica tent for the live acts and a tent for DJs. It just doesn't add up for some days really. I looked at it like the Shahara and Yuma tent of Coachella.. Thoughts?

Live: Justice, Porches?, Blackbear?, Post Malone?, Lali Puna?, Mick Jenkins?
DJ: Gold Panda, Fatima Yamaha, Actress, Maya Jane Coles, Ylia

Live: Soffi Tukker, The Bloody Beetroots, ODESZA, Young Fathers, Massive Attack, James Holden
DJ: Erol Alkan, Bayonne, Victor Santana

Live: Polo & Pan, Weval, Underworld, Richie Hawtin, Haux?
DJ: Daniel Avery, DJ Koze, The Black Madonna, ELYELLA, Cora Novoa

young fathers and post malone don't really fit into an electronic tent tbh. it doesn't seem that there are enough acts for 2 stages and with a 5 pm - 7 am schedule, the acts would probably all fit on a single stage.

2 minutes ago, birchtree29 said:

It is confirmed by the manager of Mad Cool that Tame Impala will be the second biggest band of Thursday

Not sure on how they're working slots etc but I hope they get given a generous set length if Pearl Jam are sole headliners for the Thursday. I think Kasabian & Tame Impala would both be classed as headline material at most festivals so it'd be a bit of a disappointment if they were only given an hour or so

6 minutes ago, LFC_1892 said:

Not sure on how they're working slots etc but I hope they get given a generous set length if Pearl Jam are sole headliners for the Thursday. I think Kasabian & Tame Impala would both be classed as headline material at most festivals so it'd be a bit of a disappointment if they were only given an hour or so

it was stated that most major slots will have 90 min or so for their sets

Edited by neacaisa

4 minutes ago, Yelo, the Parmiggiana said:

I think the same about Tame Impala and Arctic Monkeys, like 5 people with me to watch Eels (i.e.)? Massive!

You might be ok with Arctic Monkeys, but I wouldn't put any money on Tame Impala. Still, the clashfinder is very speculative at the moment, so there's just as much chance that Eels will be up against Pearl Jam. I'm not a big Eels fan, but if that's the case it might be six people watching them with you ;)

Hi guys, this year is my first time at madcool, what a great line up! So happy!

But the madcool website isn't that informative. Where is the festival exactly held and is it accessible by transit from centrum Madrid? Or do you have to take a cab every night? Does anybody know?

I want to book a hotel, but have no clue witch area/district is best (close to the centrum and the festival)

1 hour ago, Ibbel said:

Hi guys, this year is my first time at madcool, what a great line up! So happy!

But the madcool website isn't that informative. Where is the festival exactly held and is it accessible by transit from centrum Madrid? Or do you have to take a cab every night? Does anybody know?

I want to book a hotel, but have no clue witch area/district is best (close to the centrum and the festival)

Welcome!

Exact details for transport have not yet been confirmed but from the information we've gathered the Mad Cool promoters are working with the local authorities to provide shuttle services either by bus or metro. 

The exact location is here: https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/Espacio+Mad+Cool/@40.477792,-3.6243046,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0xd422e8a98ade3af:0x10c3e76de5ba8b81!8m2!3d40.4777879!4d-3.6221159

Nearby there are a couple of metro stations and the main airport. A few people here have booked accommodation nearby to the venue and will be travelling into the centre and others have booked accommodation in the centre of the city and will be travelling to/from the festival using public transport.

The site is brand new as it has relocated for this year and will be laid out similar to that displayed below.

mad-cool-30-10-17.jpg

More news / info can be found here: https://madcoolfestival.es/archivo_noticias.php

Otherwise, there's a lot of helpful people in here too.

5 hours ago, LFC_1892 said:

It was indeed, cheers :good:
Bit of a disappointment as I presumed there'd be another big announcement but the lineup is already amazing as it is so I can't have any complaints haha

Pearl Jam are immensely popular worldwide, with a huge tour following. They'll play a really long set. And quite frankly, they're worth the eyeballs and ears... just an absolutely great live band with a bunch of sing-along songs everybody accidentally knows. :)

Note: this isn't an argument about their charting on albums or songs. Even in the USA they don't chart high... but they have no problem instantly selling out shows. Skip Pearl Jam at your own risk!

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, bluenova said:

You might be ok with Arctic Monkeys, but I wouldn't put any money on Tame Impala. Still, the clashfinder is very speculative at the moment, so there's just as much chance that Eels will be up against Pearl Jam. I'm not a big Eels fan, but if that's the case it might be six people watching them with you ;)

Well I can live without Tame Impala and I'll see Arctic at Sziget, but hell no, Pearl Jam is 5/5 on bucket list!

Eels are great live, and surprisingly funny and a 'good time' considering how downbeat they are on record. I hope the programmers don't have them clashing with PJ as I imagine them having a lot of fans in common. PJ are incredible though and 2.5 hours is pretty standard for them  so no doubt where I'll be.

8 minutes ago, maelzoid said:

Eels are great live, and surprisingly funny and a 'good time' considering how downbeat they are on record. I hope the programmers don't have them clashing with PJ as I imagine them having a lot of fans in common. PJ are incredible though and 2.5 hours is pretty standard for them  so no doubt where I'll be.

I'm hoping by some miracle that Eels, Tame Impala and Mgmt don't clash

Just now, birchtree29 said:

They have just tweeted to promote day tickets and VIP day tickets. It is crazy how they have not sold out any single day tickets. Even Nos Alive sold Saturday which have 10 artists that are also in Mad Cool.

Probably they distributed few 3days passes and preferred to have bigger availability of daily passes to have more funds - they will eventually sell out. Harder to end 50k of tickets than 20k of those, IMO

9 minutes ago, birchtree29 said:

They have just tweeted to promote day tickets and VIP day tickets. It is crazy how they have not sold out any single day tickets. Even Nos Alive sold Saturday which have 10 artists that are also in Mad Cool.

Yes, but the ticket sale at NOS has startet months before Mad Cool.