Mad Cool 2018

JBarbour

Bar Tool (community manager of mad cool) have said a month ago that the number of artists in each stage  will be 4 4 6 7 7 8 8 which adds up to 44

Right now Thursday has 34, Friday has 37, Saturday has 36 artists which leaves 10 for Thursday, 7 for Friday and 8 for Sunday. Those add up to 25 new additions.

Bar Tool also have said 4 bands/artists from the band contest will be on the lineup each day so 25-12=13 artists left

2 more bands/artists from the band contest at Nos alive will also be added which bring it down to 11.

If they have brought it down to 40 bands per day, than there will not be any more additions besides the bands/artists from the contest but if it is 44 artists per day, then we might get another announcement for the last group of additions. Last year Manic Street Preachers and George Ezra were added 28 April.

• Upvote 4

Jesus fuck, so I updated the clashfinder again with the information of @birchtree29, I didn't know that they'd do it like that but ya.. The electronica stage looks a bit weird with 6 acts across the whole evening and night with everyone having such long sets but alright. It makes a bit more sense now, even though it provides even more clashes I think (f.e. Snow Patrol vs ODESZA vs James Bay).. 

14 minutes ago, arcuse said:

Jesus fuck, so I updated the clashfinder again with the information of @birchtree29, I didn't know that they'd do it like that but ya.. The electronica stage looks a bit weird with 6 acts across the whole evening and night with everyone having such long sets but alright. It makes a bit more sense now, even though it provides even more clashes I think (f.e. Snow Patrol vs ODESZA vs James Bay).. 

Could you share a link to your updated Clashfinder buddy? Thanks! 

15 minutes ago, arcuse said:

One of the other things with that stage is some of the acts, particularly the DJs, won't need a particularly long set up time. So for example there probably won't be a 45 minute gap between Underworld and The Black Madonna - she can probably go on pretty much straight away after they finish. 

Probably works in our favour actually and means the Electronic headliner (Justice, Massive Attack, Underworld) can start after main stage two has finished (Kasabian, ATDI, NIN) 

12 minutes ago, Notorious J.O.E. said:

Could you share a link to your updated Clashfinder buddy? Thanks! 

It's on the previous page :) 

8 minutes ago, the wonderwhy said:

One of the other things with that stage is some of the acts, particularly the DJs, won't need a particularly long set up time. So for example there probably won't be a 45 minute gap between Underworld and The Black Madonna - she can probably go on pretty much straight away after they finish. 

Probably works in our favour actually and means the Electronic headliner (Justice, Massive Attack, Underworld) can start after main stage two has finished (Kasabian, ATDI, NIN) 

Yes, probably.. Most of 'em are DJs when you think about it; Gold Panda, Fatima Yamaha, DJ Koze, Daniel Avery etc.. It's strange that there are only 6 each day for the electronica tent, which if you put 'em closer to each other makes them have really long sets (and idk if they're gonna let them each play 2h with the exception of the live acts).

Edited by arcuse
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, arcuse said:

It's on the previous page :) 

Yes, probably.. Most of 'em are DJs when you think about it; Gold Panda, Fatima Yamaha, DJ Koze, Daniel Avery etc.. It's strange that there are only 6 each day for the electronica tent, which if you put 'em closer to each other makes them have really long sets (and idk if they're gonna let them each play 2h with the exception of the live acts).

I think some of the DJs are probably more likely to play 2 hours than the live acts to be honest - they seem to do that fairly regularly as Glastonbury, Bestival etc. 

6 minutes ago, neacaisa said:

why do you think that it's so strange for dj acts to have 2 or 3h sets? i think this is probably standard for most festivals 

Because they're mixed with live acts and 6 DJ/acts over an evening/night with the span of 12h isn't much. 

Yep, Slaves was missing and Japandroids was in there 2x haha :P 

2 hours ago, arcuse said:

Yes I just double checked Bar Tool have said it on January 11th. I saw the band numbers for the band contest on Azkena Rock forum but I am not sure whether that number is confirmed with Bar Tool or not.

Question, what if there is an electronica tent for the live acts and a tent for DJs. It just doesn't add up for some days really. I looked at it like the Shahara and Yuma tent of Coachella.. Thoughts?

Live: Justice, Porches?, Blackbear?, Post Malone?, Lali Puna?, Mick Jenkins?
DJ: Gold Panda, Fatima Yamaha, Actress, Maya Jane Coles, Ylia

Live: Soffi Tukker, The Bloody Beetroots, ODESZA, Young Fathers, Massive Attack, James Holden
DJ: Erol Alkan, Bayonne, Victor Santana

Live: Polo & Pan, Weval, Underworld, Richie Hawtin, Haux?
DJ: Daniel Avery, DJ Koze, The Black Madonna, ELYELLA, Cora Novoa

Edited by arcuse
  • Upvote 1

Apologies if this has already been cleared up, I've had a look through the last few pages of the thread but can't see anything - Does anybody know what is happening in terms of Thursday? Will there be a 2nd man act announced like the other two days? If so are there any rumors as to who it might be