Mad Cool 2018

JBarbour

For me they can just chill it till July. Seems impossible to see everything I wanna see in these 3 days. Main reason for me to travel to festivals are Kasabian (most of the time) but meanwhile I have to say that Thursday is the weakest of the 3 days (not even thinking about crying on that high level because even Friday is fantastic).

Edited by Bury420

11 minutes ago, arcuse said:

They gotta keep that hype machine going with announcing new names every once in a while, now releasing the rest of the line up would be PR suicide. They gotta keep those announcements coming till atleast March/April tho (even when it's already sold out, yes)

They won't though. Not only it is a matter of a couple of weeks at most to get the full lineup, Bar Tool also said they are looking to release the schedule "as soon as possible".

Of course it can all change completely, but atm we have a lot of reasons to expect announcements happening soon and not much for them not to...

Edited by clasher

15 minutes ago, arcuse said:

They gotta keep that hype machine going with announcing new names every once in a while, now releasing the rest of the line up would be PR suicide. They gotta keep those announcements coming till atleast March/April tho (even when it's already sold out, yes)

no, it will certainly be fully released sooner rather than later but no real reasons to belive it will surely be tomorrow or even this week.

Edited by neacaisa

I am fine with them waiting for the rest of the announcement for several weeks or even months but day tickets for any day is not sold out yet. They will try to complete the lineup as much as they can so that they can sell out day tickets as well. Even nos alive’s Saturday is sold out which have 10 artists that are already in Mad Cool. 

25 minutes ago, birchtree29 said:

Nos Alive is announcing an artist each day that are already in Mad Cool. (NIN Friday, AM Monday, The Last Internationale yesterday, Black Rebel Motorcycle Club today) Do you think we will get any artists from Nos Alive lineup that they have already announced?

image.thumb.png.3e28869b6b286445f02e4a1d85ae48cc.png

Not really.  Bar Tool already ruled out TDCC, the National,  the Kooks and I think Friendly Fires too. Chvrches are the only one that's left. He also said that they worked together with NOS Alive so probably MC announcing bands first was part of their deal. 

Edited by e2p2

1 hour ago, e2p2 said:

Not really.  Bar Tool already ruled out TDCC, the National,  the Kooks and I think Friendly Fires too. Chvrches are the only one that's left. He also said that they worked together with NOS Alive so probably MC announcing bands first was part of their deal. 

How about Khalid? It is also quite interesting how they have Rag'N'Bone Man under Future Islands and Portugal The Man. I feel like we are going to get a second line artist for Saturday that will shift Rag'N'Bone Man to third line. Richie Hawtin shifted Kase.O from second to third line in the last announcement. 

36 minutes ago, birchtree29 said:

How about Khalid? It is also quite interesting how they have Rag'N'Bone Man under Future Islands and Portugal The Man. I feel like we are going to get a second line artist for Saturday that will shift Rag'N'Bone Man to third line. Richie Hawtin shifted Kase.O from second to third line in the last announcement. 

I thought Khalid is already in the lineup because of the other festival I'm going to. I also think Rag n' Bone Man doesn't belong to the second line so hopefully someone's big is coming. On the other hand I dont know Richie Hawtin and he's a second line artist. 

1 hour ago, with_tired_eyes said:

Well, we've got the same questions every page: How to get there, where to stay etc.

Could someone make a summary and post (edit) that on the first page, so everyone could read this there?

Mad cool have said on their Facebook page that they are putting on shuttle busses so I think it's best to stay in the city centre 

5 minutes ago, Walshy24 said:

Mad cool have said on their Facebook page that they are putting on shuttle busses so I think it's best to stay in the city centre 

I already knew that - but that's a question every 10 posts ;-)

That's how I discovered them :D

You should warn about NSFW content. :D

Edited by with_tired_eyes

1 hour ago, big__phil said:

Here's a different question - do the festival always do a 'tease' before announcing any more in the line up, or could they just drop it at any time? Also, at what point will we know stage splits and times?

According to their Instagram posts these are their dates of posting each announcement last year:

First announcement: 10 November 2016

Final announcement: 8 February 2017

Late additions: 20 February and 28 April 2017

Sold Out announcement: 24 April 2017

Wristband shipment announcement: 5 May 2017

Shuttle announcement: 13 June 2017

Set times announcement: 1 July 2017

Festival dates: 6-8 July 2017

Edited by birchtree29

6 hours ago, Noeliam said:

That's how I discovered them :D

This NSFW video is the worst remix of a rock song with the best video of a remix I've ever seen. 

How the heck you remix "Woman" and essentially completely remove that guitar riff is beyond me. :\

That said, BRING ON WOLFMOTHER! That would be a great add.