Mad Cool 2018

JBarbour

3 hours ago, jonnytee1 said:

In honesty, I think that's the "top two" lines of each day completed 

It will be interesting to see both the size and type of bands that are still to be announced.

I am not sure about Saturday's second line since Rag'N'Bone Man is not a second line artist when Odesza, Glass Animals and Portugal The Man are all in third line. Kase.O was in the second line before Richie Hawtin was added, so Rag'N'Bone Man might get shifted to third line after an electronic or alternative artist added in the next announcement.

I was looking through Mad Cool’s Twitter and noticed them following Neon Indian. It appears to be one of the few bands I have found that wasn’t on last year or this years lineup thus far. Is this accurate?

It’s been a couple years since an album drop. Possibility?

Edited by BB325

Who's everyone hoping will be added then?
My wish list would be;

Interpol
The Gaslight Anthem (playing 59 Sound)
Confidence Man
Sigrid
Friendly Fires
The Hives
The Magic Gang
If we could also steal Spritualized with the orchestra and choir from Primavera that would be amazing..

The line up is class, can't wait.

It's basically a rock and electro festival - so I hope for some good electronic acts, which will not work, because everyone of them is playing PS or Sonar.

some not so unrealistic wishes, i think: Preoccupations - Shame - Interpol - ...trail of dead - idles - Algiers - Editors

my personal favourite at the moment is Amenra, but they are way too heavy.

1 hour ago, big__phil said:

Give me hip-hop! Vince Staples is in Europe in July, so I'm hoping he pops up. Does the festival have any previous for rap and hip-hop? As good as the line up is, it seems a bit under-represented at the moment...

Primavera... they might share a headliner, but I don't think that it happens often, that you can see an act on both festivals

There was no lead prior to the announcement of AM.

Knowing that none of the bands left to announce are big thing, it wouldn't make much sense now to post a hint and let hyped people down. My best guess is they'll just announce what they've got left by tomorrow without further due.

Edited by Joshua Homme

or first two weeks of February,  the answer he gave about full poster was in response to a question about a month ago regarding when we can expect timetable,he wasn't accurate he just gave a rough estimate of end of jan start of eb and  we know there has been delays in announcements since then the first being Bar Tool himself delaying it because of the price increase and Arctic Monkeys waiting a week, So I reckon we'll get full poster by 3rd week of February at the latest

have a little patience, maybe there are still things that have to be resolved. i don't think some post on a forum where he says everything should be released by the end of month is a commitment. and remember that last year they dragged for weeks just for 4 names.

announcing 50 names at once is unrealistic unless they have a lot of local fillers. i would prefer at least two more announcement with a few decent names then have a single announcement tomorrow.

• Upvote 1