Mad Cool 2018

JBarbour

3 minutes ago, James96 said:

I'd love them too. Where would they fit on the line up though? Think we're about done for big acts now unfortunately?

I think there's more than you'd think, I can't see them saving 30-40 names no ones heard of to go with Arctics. Not expecting anyone huge but there should hopefully be a few mid sized acts. Can see Chvrches headlining latitude and missing Mad Cool now, Latitudes out of options and with them being announced for Nos early I think we'd know by now. 

Be interesting to see who is left, if there's an 'electronic tent' there doesn't seem to be that much you'd automatically put in there at the minute...

1 minute ago, alexlloyd said:

I think there's more than you'd think, I can't see them saving 30-40 names no ones heard of to go with Arctics. Not expecting anyone huge but there should hopefully be a few mid sized acts. Can see Chvrches headlining latitude and missing Mad Cool now, Latitudes out of options and with them being announced for Nos early I think we'd know by now. 

Be interesting to see who is left, if there's an 'electronic tent' there doesn't seem to be that much you'd automatically put in there at the minute...

Maybe it's just me being pessimistic but I can see Arctics being announced on their own and they loads of smaller acts later on. I'd love to be wrong though.

27 minutes ago, James96 said:

Maybe it's just me being pessimistic but I can see Arctics being announced on their own and they loads of smaller acts later on. I'd love to be wrong though.

Yeah looking at the line up you certainly wouldn't complain if that's the finished article. I just think if they've got 30-40 names left it won't be entirely bottom line of the poster bands... maybe a few on the scale of Wolf Alice, James Bay, Big Moon etc. We got in the last one.

I suppose we'll just have to wait and see, it's already going to be the best line up I've ever been to, so if it is Arctics and a load of unknowns I won't be complaining (until the schedules released!) 

I'd expect solo AM announcement on Monday and then another pack in a couple of days. I also wouldn't take the "full lineup till the end of the month" so strictly. Could be a day or two later, just to give the AM announcement some space to breathe.

8 minutes ago, alexlloyd said:

I suppose we'll just have to wait and see, it's already going to be the best line up I've ever been to, so if it is Arctics and a load of unknowns I won't be complaining (until the schedules released!) 

Same here. More big acts would just mean more clashes... I think the last batch will be predominantly electronic tent and Spanish acts, with a bigger name or two especially for the former.

Only my opinion, of course.

1 hour ago, JSmurphy said:

Would love CHVRCHES to be added to this. Anyone got any acts they think will be announced, other than AM?

These are all around in the summer. Probably little chance of any of them but out of hope more than anything I'll go for any of:

Chase & Status, Kolsch, Idles, Run DMC, The Brian Jonestown Massacre, Jon Hopkins, Nina Kraviz, UNKLE, Slaves. Fuck it, seeing as NIN and Depeche Mode are playing gimme Gary Numan too!

In hindsight, a couple of these are more suited to other festivals. In all honesty though, I'm already gonna be in clash hell so I'd be just as satisfied if there was nothing else announced :-D

It seems Nos Alive will make some big announcement tomorrow. Will they try to announce Arctic Monkeys before the other festival, to get their own buzz from media,  and avoid the natural media buzz that the Primavera Sound card will get on Monday?  Or will there be any surprise?

27395005_2029877500372261_496476340_n.pn

• Like 1

11 hours ago, James96 said:

I'd love them too. Where would they fit on the line up though? Think we're about done for big acts now unfortunately?

I think that although the line up is amazing this year, there is certainly room for a few more decent dance acts (for the dance stage obviously). I also believe that there may be some mid sized acts still to come. Glastonbury has it every year - about 10 clashes and a complete nightmare but I'd rather have that than a festival with a dross line up.

Generally on these occasions i go and see something i have not seen before. My view is that if there are two bands that clash massively, think which would be better at a festival and then go and get tickets for a stand alone gig for the other band. 

We are a fickle bunch aren't we! we moan if a line up is crap and then moan if its's too good  :rofl:

39 minutes ago, jonnytee1 said:

We are a fickle bunch aren't we! we moan if a line up is crap and then moan if its's too good  :rofl:

That does make me smile.

I've got a friend who still talks wistfully about the "wrong" decisions we made at festivals years ago.

Still, one of my favourite festival experiences was not going to see Radiohead at Primavera a couple of years back. It cleared out the rest of the festival nicely - no queues for food or drinks, wandering from right up to the front of each stage. 

• Upvote 1

Hey guys. I was looking at buying 2 tickets for the weekend. Obviously with the package sold out, I have to buy the days separately. However this adds around £90 to the price, with individual booking fees. Is there any alternate sites that may be more forgiving? Help out a skint student

1 hour ago, neacaisa said:

i personally don't get the group of friends that stick togheter with all of the group for the whole festival only to moan about bad decisions made by others. if you want to see radiohead, just go there and meet the others later.

It's one of the pleasures of a festival to wander off alone sometimes. You've got three solid days with your friends, so an hour or two wandering among a crowd of thousands, particularly late at night, can feel quite liberating :) 

6 minutes ago, glasgowboy said:

Hey guys. I was looking at buying 2 tickets for the weekend. Obviously with the package sold out, I have to buy the days separately. However this adds around £90 to the price, with individual booking fees. Is there any alternate sites that may be more forgiving? Help out a skint student

Try this: https://www.ticketmaster.es/event/mad-cool-2018-entradas-de-dia-tickets/5729?language=en-us

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, eastynh said:

I am going to this festival. Seems a little heavy on mosher type stuff for my tastes but there is enough to keep me happy.

Hopingg for Cut Copy to turn up but they have nit announced anything for this year in Europe as of yet.

Happy days, welcome to party!

5 hours ago, eastynh said:

I am going to this festival. Seems a little heavy on mosher type stuff for my tastes but there is enough to keep me happy.

Hopingg for Cut Copy to turn up but they have nit announced anything for this year in Europe as of yet.

'Mosher type stuff'. :lol:

12 minutes ago, HommesRightFoot said:

How long before the start of a set do people usually begin heading towards the stage in Spain? 

I believe it has been confirmed that at least a couple of the headliners will be playing unopposed, so getting good spots for Pearl Jam, Arctic Monkeys etc. might be a bit more difficult. I think the two main stages are supposed to be side-by-side, with there being 7 stages total. A lot of it really comes down to conflicts, but I'm glad they limited this to 65,000 and not the max capacity of 80,000.