Mad Cool 2018

JBarbour

7 minutes ago, alexlloyd said:

So today wasn't the day... 12 years tomorrow since debut album came out, depends how sentimental they are I guess :lol:

IMG_2855.PNG

I remember seeing an interview with Alex Turner in which he was asked something like "Do you ever look back on your achievements?" and he answered along the lines of "Never. I find it much more exciting to think about the future than the past". He's also talked about how playing songs off the first album feels like they're doing covers. So...not very sentimental at all! Having said that, tomorrow would be great.

4 hours ago, ishatvum said:

Hey guys!

First timer here. I was just wondering, is there 100% going to be an mgmt and Justice clash like the clashfinder says or is that just tentative? and also will the electronic stage that justice are rumored to play on have a front row VIP section like on the two main stages?

Thanks!

Nah we have no info on when Justice and MGMT will be playing but I don't think they'd clash them.

Think they'll have one of them on during Pearl Jam and then one of them on later on.

we’re getting news on monday..

not sure wether they’ll drop other names this week (since bar tool said full lineup would be out end of january), or they announce AM on monday and then the full lineup..we’ll see

with beni announcing thursday it could be friday, let’s wait for the usual hint tomorrrow

DA5CA1B3-47D7-498A-BC75-F30C4DBE4E42.jpeg

23 hours ago, 40 Days said:

Does anyone have any recommendations of places to stay which offer:

1 - Good pre-festival drinking options

2 - Easy travel via night bus/Metro to and back from the festival site?

Cheers

1 - Malasaña & Chueca are both good areas for some pre-festivals drinks.

2 - To go there you can take the Train C1 to Valdebebas or a metro, back they should provide shuttle buses. AFAIK ther isn't a metro at night (last maybe 01.00). 

I've done my fair share of drinking but to me, the idea of pre-drinking during a Madrid summer, is a recipe for falling asleep by midnight. What's everyone's secret? I know my secrets aren't worth the risk of international borders. 

On a somewhat connected note, what's the cost of beer/alcohol on site? Are you allowed to take anything of your own in?

I have learned over the years, especially during festivals in hot weather that there is nothing worse than drinking so much that you 1) Don't remember any of a festival and 2) Have the hangover feeling by midnight.

My simple recommendation is to make sure you stay hydrated through the day with a beer then water or a soft drink. Then around 5/pm start to step it up!

By 9/10 pm your're on the shorts and ready to go the whole night

All legal and all good!

15 minutes ago, Mouseboy11 said:

Is this completely sold out now? Bit late in deciding on a festival this year.

There's Day tickets for all days yet to go on sale, a fair few as well I think but I'd be quick once they do! I don't think they've said when yet but the full line ups due to be out by the end of the month so I'd assume around then. 

3 hours ago, Mouseboy11 said:

a ) buy the VIP 3-day pass for 400€+shipping

b ) buy a 100€ day pass for each day

c ) wait for April/May when they will - supposedly - put another small package of 3-day passes up for sale

d ) re-sale, black market,...

13 hours ago, Mouseboy11 said:

In my experience with festivals abroad, it's not a bad idea to book flights first and worry about tickets later. You always see people selling them for face value on forums or twitter in the run up to it for various reasons. 

Regularly see people who have purchased early bird tickets but failed to sort flights or accommodation, and by the time they want to the costs have rocketed. 

48 minutes ago, big__phil said:

Speaking of fully enjoying the cultural experience, how available are 'supplies' within the festival?

Obviously not interested myself, just doing a bit of research. For science.

I believe certain herbs are all but legal and available from smokers clubs. How easy or available they are to foreigners is a whole separate question. 

1 hour ago, Honeybane said:

When I go to buy 3 day tix off the mad cool website it's really weird and I'm getting 'keep in mind' shit come up

anyone done this? What do I do?

When trying to buy 3 day VIP tickets I'm not getting any problems. The regular 3 day tickets are currently 'sold out' on TicketMaster, Festicket and FNAC (all the official ticket selling companies of MadCool). 

What exactly are you trying and from what URL?

Edited by AndrewSmith