Mad Cool 2018

JBarbour

14 minutes ago, strackoftracknfield said:

Sorry mate but I have to say that you know nothing about what Bar Tool/Mad Cool have done in that forum. And definitely you don't know shit about Spain. 

you can explain though. 

personally, i think people bought too much into what bar tool has said on that forum. we don't even know if he is the cm, it could be an account used by various people from the team. i really doubt a cm of a huge festival would have so much time at hands to post on a forum on a daily basis. and i don't even recall what were the actual predictions that were made by that account. i recall just a lot of confusion last year about when the last acts would have been announced, it just seemed to drag on and on. i'm not saying that he's a troll necessarily, i just doubt the importance of the information provided by him. he just seems to give cryptic information that can actually mean nothing.

Just now, eFestivals said:

last year's looked fantastic early in the announcements too, but I didn't think it panned out anything like as well for the whole thing.

This year is an an eye opener Mr G. I doubt that deep-pockets is all you need here either. Theyve been very skilled and very lucky also.

12 minutes ago, JSmurphy said:

Crossing my fingers for Vampire Weekend tomorrow.

i love them, but they seem pretty boring live and are also a long shot. they are americans after all( and haven't been announced on any early summer/spring festival in us) and have an uncertain release date for the new album.

Edited by neacaisa

I don't think the 0114 could be used to hint at anybody alse but AM, because even the rocks are aware of the fact that they are the most rumoured name and it would be of no use to the festival organizers to give such a clear hint  pointing towards them and then disappointing everybody by announcing somebody else. It wouldn't be the most professional way of managing their communication, in my opinion.

9 minutes ago, neacaisa said:

i love them, but they seem pretty boring live and are also a long shot. they are americans after all( and haven't been announced on any early summer/spring festival in us) and have an uncertain release date for the new album.

Agreed on their boring gigs. Top band but when I saw them at Bonnaroo '14 before Kanye, I was massively disappointed. Totally willing to see them again and have another go.