Mad Cool 2018

JBarbour

1 minute ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Ah fair enough. I reckon because he implied he isn't sure whether they'll announce a headliner next week then that means Arctic Monkeys won't be announced then, as he'll know when that's coming (expecting them to do a Pearl Jam and confirm their tour at once). Jack White next week (plus others), and Arctic Monkeys the following week along with NOS, Werchter, TRNSMT and any others they're playing, I reckon.

Yeah I agree, I think they'll definitely be separate announcements to give each one their moment, with Jack White next week.

Jack White came out during The Last Shadow Puppets secret set at Glastonbury as well... so hopefully we'll see him, Turner and possibly even Miles on stage together at some point. I think MK has turned up with Arctics at some festivals he's not even got a solo slot at in the past, and there's 70 more slots he could fill anyway!

1 hour ago, sawyer said:

Guys, what's your percentage of certainty that arctic monkeys do Mad Cool and NOS alive on 12 and 13 of JUL?

need to decide if i buy the 12 and 13 pass in Lisbon Fest.

There is the possiblity that everyones wrong and it'll be neither Arctic Monkeys or Jack White at Mad Cool, but they seem pretty reliable candidates at this point. Mad Cools CM said they've got all three of Nos's headliners, so if it is them two I suppose the only other possiblity is that Jack White is the other headliner for NOS Alive, but I guess it'll depend on how much NOS has to spend after Pearl Jam, QOTSA and The National which one they get... Arctics did headline in 2014 though.

Edited by alexlloyd

15 minutes ago, the wonderwhy said:

The Massive Attack comment is an odd one. There's isn't anyone on the lineup you'd immediately think 'ah that would be a daft clash' if they went up against each other, so it must be someone unannounced 

Which comment do you mean? All I've seen about Massive Attack is that they're not clashing with headliners, not that they're not clashing with someone similar.

3 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Which comment do you mean? All I've seen about Massive Attack is that they're not clashing with headliners, not that they're not clashing with someone similar.

You literally posted it:

"Massive will be after the heads and will give time. 
The problem is the overlap with Massive, that we do not like right now and we are seeing how we solve it."

3 minutes ago, the wonderwhy said:

You literally posted it:

"Massive will be after the heads and will give time. 
The problem is the overlap with Massive, that we do not like right now and we are seeing how we solve it."

Oh I just assumed he meant they're trying to solve overlap with the headliners so that they're after them and give time to get to see them after. The conversation at the time was about not having to miss any of the headliners to see Massive Attack.

Edited by Gucci Piggy

Oh I just assumed he meant they're trying to solve overlap with the headliners so that they're after them and give time to get to see them after. The conversation at the time was about not having to miss any the headliners to see Massive Attack.

It reads like two different things. If Massive Attack are playing late on in the dance tent they're gonna be clear of the main stage headliner by an hour or so at least, so must be someone else. 

1 minute ago, the wonderwhy said:

It reads like two different things. If Massive Attack are playing late on in the dance tent they're gonna be clear of the main stage headliner by an hour or so at least, so must be someone else. 

Maybe but not necessarily. In 2016 The Prodigy headlined and finished just as the final acts started. Massive Attack may not be last on, either; there could be other dance acts on that stage after them and they may be playing around with set times/gaps to make it so those acts fit after the headliners and therefore avoid any overlap between Massive Attack and AM/Jack White.

Maybe but not necessarily. In 2016 The Prodigy headlined and finished just as the final acts started. Massive Attack may not be last on, either; there could be other dance acts on that stage after them and they may be playing around with set times/gaps to make it so those acts fit after the headliners and therefore avoid any overlap between Massive Attack and AM/Jack White.

Yeah put the first sentence suggests there is going to be a gap between the headliner and Massive Attack