Mad Cool 2018

JBarbour

On 12/29/2017 at 4:13 PM, chemica said:

A person on the NOS Alive forum seems to suggest the January announcement for them is The Cure, who will headline 12th July.
Certainly fits the bill: European act.
Would be a strong co-headline, as I've seen them play 3 hour sets!!! Have to admit it doesn't fit the 2 E's clue, but maybe The Cure have both the E's and the other headliner has none!

I do appreciate they are meant to be BST European Exclusives though...

Where did you hear about  the 2 E's clue? 

If you haven't already, I'd suggest buying ASAP and not leaving until 8th Jan to avoid disappointment. They'd already confirmed that 30,000 tickets had been sold and it is speculated that 40-45,000 3 day tickets will be sold and the rest allocated to day tickets. 

Going by the rate of sales already, these tickets won't be around too much longer and it's going to be tough to find a better festival lineup this summer.

On 1/1/2018 at 6:03 AM, berger55 said:

And what's de difference between the 3day tickets? Abono + envío pulsera península for 175.00 EUR and Abono + envío pulsera fuera península for 180.00 EUR because both are e-tickets, so they will not send the wristband. Or I am wrong? I think I have to collect the wristband with my eticket. 

Can someone please clarify this please? I am from the US and want to buy ASAP. Don't want to order the wrong one.

This is just me being paranoid, but here goes. I bought this on Festicket and I can't shake this stupid feeling that it seems dodgy. The site says this is the only thing I need to take with me as the ticket. Can someone confirm this is what it looks like? I erased the personal details. Never bought anything on Festicket before.

image.thumb.png.9747c279ea2a3eb4a0d5a346eb023d8d.png

The hype is through the roof for me already. Add Arctic Monkeys to this thing and it'll rip a hole in the space-time continuum.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Friend Chicken said:

Can someone please clarify this please? I am from the US and want to buy ASAP. Don't want to order the wrong one.

I bought the cheaper, I think it doesn't make a difference, because they won't send it to the US anyway (difference for the Spanish, if the send it to the islands or not). I got an eticket and I hope I can change it on the day of the festival.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, ShutUpDonny said:

This is just me being paranoid, but here goes. I bought this on Festicket and I can't shake this stupid feeling that it seems dodgy. The site says this is the only thing I need to take with me as the ticket. Can someone confirm this is what it looks like? I erased the personal details. Never bought anything on Festicket before.

The hype is through the roof for me already. Add Arctic Monkeys to this thing and it'll rip a hole in the space-time continuum.

Festicket seems legit - Mad Cool's website links to them on the ticket purchase page (at least under the English translation version). 

Edited by Friend Chicken

10 minutes ago, ShutUpDonny said:

Is Festicket an official retailer? I bought it over the official MC page. But i just got an eticket too. I think that will be fine for change the ticket to a wristband .

• Upvote 1

Festicket is fine - your QR code is unique. I used them last year for Nos Alive. 

Have to say, I'm glad I've got my tickets for this in the bag already. With no Glasto this year, I can see any decent Euro festival selling out in double quick time - and nothing I've seen is close to matching the MC line up. :)

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Friend Chicken said:

How easy would it be to resell a pair to this? Very tempted to purchase before sell-out as it sounds like waiting to compare with Primavera may not be possible...

Reselling might be quite difficult unless you use one of the touting websites, which I strongly advise against. Also, if you've used festicket to purchase it, your details would probably be all over the documents and photo ID is required to pick up your wristband. If the details don't match it might be very difficult for the person who bought your ticket to get in.

I'm not sure what the festival's policy is on reselling. Might be worth checking the Ts and Cs. 

16 minutes ago, Friend Chicken said:

How easy would it be to resell a pair to this? Very tempted to purchase before sell-out as it sounds like waiting to compare with Primavera may not be possible...

The tickets from MC page (ticketmaster.es) are normal etickets without any name. Just a bar code and numbers.

So if you find someone who trust in your ticket, it shouldn't be a problem...