Mad Cool 2018

JBarbour

On 20/12/2017 at 7:50 PM, craigb said:

My bad it's running from 12:00 GMT on Friday 22 December until 23:59 GMT on Friday 29 December. I know it will work because my site is an affiliate partner with festicket and Mad Cool is listed on the discounts. 

Do you know if this discount works for Primavera too?

In fairness, if you waited until now  - fair play  - i paid £32 extra for my tickets but still think its an amazing bargain. However the flights i booked are up by £35 and the hotel by £30 per person so it really is a false economy.

Hopefully this makes the people who have already booked a bit more cheery! It's nearly Christmas and the festival is gonna be amazing!

Have a good holiday everyone and see you next year!!!!

Stay Happy :D

Forgot to reply to this. So they weren't answering phones on the Friday only responding to emails as they'd had 100's of people requesting the same.

Stuck to their policy outright on no returns so no hope for anyone who had already bought tickets.

Oh well, still a bargain for the lineup we have :)

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, AndrewSmith said:

Forgot to reply to this. So they weren't answering phones on the Friday only responding to emails as they'd had 100's of people requesting the same.

Stuck to their policy outright on no returns so no hope for anyone who had already bought tickets.

Oh well, still a bargain for the lineup we have :)

I would not have expected any different! Bit of a shame that by purchasing tickets early doors, we spent more money than others but it's the way of the world.

I'm still happy!

1 hour ago, jonnytee1 said:

I would not have expected any different! Bit of a shame that by purchasing tickets early doors, we spent more money than others but it's the way of the world.

I'm still happy!

I also tried to get at least the opportunity to change my tickets to the cheaper ones. More so out of principle than to save the money. As I think it’s a bit wrong to offer an early bird ‘cheaper’ ticket then a week later other people have the opportunity to get one 20% cheaper. Then to totally fob off the people who make the effort to contact them. I even had someone say to me. “We didn’t deliberately mislead you” so because they didn’t deliberately mislead us, does that make it ok?

4 minutes ago, woodta said:

I also tried to get at least the opportunity to change my tickets to the cheaper ones. More so out of principle than to save the money. As I think it’s a bit wrong to offer an early bird ‘cheaper’ ticket then a week later other people have the opportunity to get one 20% cheaper. Then to totally fob off the people who make the effort to contact them. I even had someone say to me. “We didn’t deliberately mislead you” so because they didn’t deliberately mislead us, does that make it ok?

My answer is that unfortunately there is no principle. It happens in all walks of life. It happens with flights, when you book hotels. Sometimes in life you luck in an sometimes you luck out. If you book a holiday early you secure it, if you book it last minute its generally cheaper, no saving money for loyalty there either. 

I definitely wasn't misled  - when it said do you want to buy this ticket for £168 i said "yes". The fact its cheaper 2 weeks later doesn't mean i was misled, it just means someone else got and even better bargain, well done to them. 

as i mentioned above, flights are more than £40 more expensive than they were and hotels have gone up in price so i have saved money on the total trip by booking early. 

The best way to look at it is that we will all be there having fun next July when it matters.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, jonnytee1 said:

My answer is that unfortunately there is no principle. It happens in all walks of life. It happens with flights, when you book hotels. Sometimes in life you luck in an sometimes you luck out. If you book a holiday early you secure it, if you book it last minute its generally cheaper, no saving money for loyalty there either. 

I definitely wasn't misled  - when it said do you want to buy this ticket for £168 i said "yes". The fact its cheaper 2 weeks later doesn't mean i was misled, it just means someone else got and even better bargain, well done to them. 

as i mentioned above, flights are more than £40 more expensive than they were and hotels have gone up in price so i have saved money on the total trip by booking early. 

The best way to look at it is that we will all be there having fun next July when it matters.

Yes it works in most cases in life I agree. But not festivals that work on a tiered buying system. It goes totally against the grain. If I brought I washing machine from currys that then went in the sale the following week. That’s tough luck. Same with flights etc. But for festivals it is not. 

Sorry we will have to agreed to disagree 

On 22.12.2017 at 12:58 PM, DHG123 said:

In case it’s useful the DEC20 code works for VIP tickets and also the accommodation packages festicket offer

Used the code for 2 VIP tickets. Quite affordable with the code. My second festival next year is inMusic which is very cheap so I have some money left so spend on a posh Mad Cool trip...

Anyone had a VIP ticket for one of the previous editions? Wondering about that Front of Stage access and how this will work when it's full...

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Username taken said:

Does anyone have any info about the transport to and from Madrid from the festival site? Looking to sort a suitable hotel 

You can reach the aire using Metro or Cercanías Train. If you look a hotel in the north of the city (Nuevos Ministerios/Plaza de Castilla) You can reach the site by taxi for 12 or 14 euros.

Edited by johnybegood

1 hour ago, Username taken said:

Does anyone have any info about the transport to and from Madrid from the festival site? Looking to sort a suitable hotel 

Depending on how far you want to walk there are hotels near the airport for under £300 for 4 nights (if 3 of you are sharing its a bargain) and they are within a decent walking distance!

Since we're planning our trip to Madrid, we were wondering what kind of transport is the easiest and cheapest to get back to the city from the festival site? I know there's still a lot of information that'll come out over the next few days but then we can kind of focus where exactly to book our airbnb at.

I know there's the metro but those only seem to work till 1ish am? So I'm hoping there will occasionally be night metro's or something? At NOS Alive, the festival was a few kilometers away from the city of Lissabon but the organisation provided some night trains.. So I'm hoping they'll do this aswell?

1 hour ago, arcuse said:

Since we're planning our trip to Madrid, we were wondering what kind of transport is the easiest and cheapest to get back to the city from the festival site? I know there's still a lot of information that'll come out over the next few days but then we can kind of focus where exactly to book our airbnb at.

I know there's the metro but those only seem to work till 1ish am? So I'm hoping there will occasionally be night metro's or something? At NOS Alive, the festival was a few kilometers away from the city of Lissabon but the organisation provided some night trains.. So I'm hoping they'll do this aswell?

Someone posted in here previously about a night bus route that goes from where the festival is. As it's moved to a new site this year, no-one is quite sure what the festival will be putting on in terms of transport, but I imagine as it has increased in capacity they won't just rely on everyone to get taxis back to the centre.