Mad Cool 2018

JBarbour

15 minutes ago, Mattd1205 said:

Has he been probed on Arctic Monkeys/Jack White at all mate? 

Also, does anyone know the likelihood of Wolf Alice and/or London Grammar please?

When Bar Tool was asked if Jack White was a headliner he answered, "..."

Probably as close to a confirmation was we're going to get. Haven't seen anything to rule out Arctic Monkeys yet. Still fit the criteria Bar Tool gave as a British band with an 'e' in their name.

Edited by ThisIsHappening

1 hour ago, Mattd1205 said:

Has he been probed on Arctic Monkeys/Jack White at all mate? 

Also, does anyone know the likelihood of Wolf Alice and/or London Grammar please?

Yeah as ThisIsHappening says, Jack White is all but confirmed for me.

He seems to ignore comments about Arctic Monkeys, plenty of people have asked though

14 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Only thing is, Jack White's also been all but confirmed for Primavera. Could they share him? The Primavera booker did say he doesn't see Mad Cool sand Primavera as being in competition.

tbf the PS could've been saying Jack White was touring this year. Neither are particularly clear 

1 minute ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Only thing is, Jack White's also been all but confirmed for Primavera. Could they share him? The Primavera booker did say he doesn't see Mad Cool sand Primavera as being in competition.

I can see this happening. Both bookers seem to be hinting at him and while I've not read too much about Mad Cool it'd be strange for Gabi to hint strongly at him for Primavera if he wasn't playing, especially after he'd already been pretty open about booking Jack White. The Cure did both Primavera and Bilbao BBK in 2012 so there is a precedent for Primavera sharing headliners. 

27 minutes ago, the wonderwhy said:

tbf the PS could've been saying Jack White was touring this year. Neither are particularly clear 

Yeah was gonna say he replied to a question asking if this is the year of Jack White, so I guess he could have just meant that, or that he was releasing music this year or something.

23 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

I can see this happening. Both bookers seem to be hinting at him and while I've not read too much about Mad Cool it'd be strange for Gabi to hint strongly at him for Primavera if he wasn't playing, especially after he'd already been pretty open about booking Jack White. The Cure did both Primavera and Bilbao BBK in 2012 so there is a precedent for Primavera sharing headliners. 

3 minutes ago, DHG123 said:

Foals co headlined Beni and subbed Mad cool last year, diff fests obv but precedent for Mad Cool to share a big band with another Spanish fest

Ah sweet, guess if both Mad Cool and Primavera have shared a headliner with another Spanish fest in recent years then it's entirely possible (even though Foals weren't a headliner at Mad Cool, it was a case of then having another Spanish fest's headliner on their bill).

12 minutes ago, DiscothequeDave said:

I say AM and Beck. Said it for a while and apparently Beck isn't on the PS line up.

Would he really headline considering acts like Nine Inch Nails aren't?

9 minutes ago, visdave34 said:

Where do you think will Kendrick end up, guys? I still believe he’ll also be touring in festival season. 

Primavera booker said a while back he won't be in Europe until late Summer.

3 hours ago, AndrewSmith said:

Ruled out by Bar Tool in the last couple of days:

Frank turner
Against Me
Royal Blood
Incubus
Billy Talent
Prodigy
Chemical Brothers

Asked about but minimal comment or not ruled out:

Slaves
A 'US rap artist'
Moby

what is "Bar Tool" and their connection to the festival? I'm not from Europe..

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Would he really headline considering acts like Nine Inch Nails aren't?

Primavera booker said a while back he won't be in Europe until late Summer.

Oh really, missed that. Thought he was still a strong rumour for Wireless Festival, 6-8 July. 

3 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Nah that quote from the Prima organiser and his 3 arena dates in London have made him look unlikely for Wireless for a while, now. R&L probably the most likely UK festival for him.

Thanks for the info! Really wondering if he’ll turn up at a Dutch or Belgian festival... Lowlands/Pukkelpop sound most likely in that case. 

19 minutes ago, clasher said:

The Cat Empire have 2 EU gigs scheduled in late June/early July. It will have been 2 years since their last european show. Could they be doing festivals this summer?

Last tour was insane; one of the best bands I've ever seen ! Let's hope they come to Mad Cool and NOS Alive ! 

6 minutes ago, Tremousse said:

Last tour was insane; one of the best bands I've ever seen ! Let's hope they come to Mad Cool and NOS Alive ! 

One of my favourites, never managed to catch them live though. It is time for another european tour - I'll go to Austria if nothing else, but there's surely more dates to come (they aren't coming to Europe fot two gigs, are they?). Including - hopefully - one cool Madrid festival :D 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DiscothequeDave said:

I say AM and Beck. Said it for a while and apparently Beck isn't on the PS line up.

No reliable source on that AFAIK, but he's on We Love Green (France) on the Saturday of PS. Everytime We Love Green is on the same weekend, both festivals share tons of acts.

Primavera makes perfect sense for him, and I'm pretty sure he's never played there.

16 hours ago, amfest12 said:

what is "Bar Tool" and their connection to the festival? I'm not from Europe..

Bar Tool is a user on a Spanish music forum who is also the Community Manager for Mad Cool, he has released a lot of hints to line-up on the day before each announcement and also seems to be pretty happy to answer questions regarding Mad Cool and festival bookings in general.

7 minutes ago, AndrewSmith said:

Bar Tool is a user on a Spanish music forum who is also the Community Manager for Mad Cool, he has released a lot of hints to line-up on the day before each announcement and also seems to be pretty happy to answer questions regarding Mad Cool and festival bookings in general.

oh tnx! 

On 12/15/2017 at 11:48 AM, AndrewSmith said:

Bought mine through Festicket @ £162.33

image.png.5be0d824017462136025dc013d390549.png

Ticketmaster have them available @ €180 but then you'll have any bank charges on top for the currency conversion

image.png.544c05a679a67308ec647d026733210d.png

is festicket okay? I have seen a lot of bad reviews online which has put me off using them a bit. Looking to buy this weekend and was thinking of just going through the official website. 

13 minutes ago, radioahed said:

is festicket okay? I have seen a lot of bad reviews online which has put me off using them a bit. Looking to buy this weekend and was thinking of just going through the official website. 

It emails you an e-ticket which I presume you trade for a wristband on the first day so I'm not concerned.