Mad Cool 2018

JBarbour

3 hours ago, Mattd1205 said:

Good research on the top artists! I think we know it's just the one 'e' in each though so that rules out The Chemical Brothers and The Strokes (although 2 of their members are up to other stuff anyway) and the Stones. Lenny Kravitz is playing in France that night too. 

Arctic Monkeys and Radiohead are my 2 favourite bands so that would a dream come true. I reckon it's gonna be AM plus Jack White/Muse, the others feel unlikely for many reasons. I don't think the co-headliners necessarily need to be of a similar stature for the reasons @Gucci Piggy highlighted earlier. 

What a line up we already have though!

Agh forgot the 'e's in 'The'!

Realistically it's two from Radiohead, AM, Muse, Jack White, Beck and 30 Seconds to Mars.

Looking at Rock Am Ring/im Park and them having toured together (which i didn't realise) I can't see past Muse and 30STM

1 hour ago, DiscothequeDave said:

Realistically it's two from Radiohead, AM, Muse, Jack White, Beck and 30 Seconds to Mars.

Looking at Rock Am Ring/im Park and them having toured together (which i didn't realise) I can't see past Muse and 30STM

Thirty Seconds to Mars are in Madrid in April. I think you could cut that list down to Radiohead, Arctic Monkeys and Muse but also I don't think having two of those next to each other is all that realistic - most likely one of them and another name outside of those.

I wonder if [The] Smashing Pumpkins' reunion plans may include this? It's an outside shot but it does seem to be a matter of "when" over "if" now and there's good reason to keep their reunion announcement held back and good reason to guarantee them a token headline slot. I think the biggest obstacle to it would be that their old guitarist is currently touring with A Perfect Circle, who have shows until July 1st. Aside from them and Kendrick Lamar I'm struggling for names.

edit: Were Disclosure a headliner at last year's Benicassim? I guess they've got to come back eventually...

Edited by dentalplan

1 hour ago, DiscothequeDave said:

One of the headliners will be headlining NOS Alive. Muse aren't because they're doing Rock in Rio in Lisbon, and I can't see 30STM headlining it.

26 minutes ago, the wonderwhy said:

You're all forgetting Liam Gallagher who's out of Beni as he did that last year and won't be at Primavera or BBK. 

Absolutely nailed on for this. 

24 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Didn't he get ruled out by the Bar Tool fella?

Someone said that but I keep asking if anyone has any proof and no one has come through with any. I actually thought it was the wonderwhy who said it but must have been someone else.

If he hasn't been ruled out then I'm with Arctic Monkeys and Liam Gallagher and have been since I read the clues pretty much.

Just now, Gucci Piggy said:

Someone said that but I keep asking if anyone has any proof and no one has come through with any. I actually thought it was the wonderwhy who said it but must have been someone else.

If he hasn't been ruled out then I'm with Arctic Monkeys and Liam Gallagher and have been since I read the clues pretty much.

Seems reasonable then if he's not ruled out. I don't think Liam Gallagher would headline this considering he''s less than a headliner at smaller European festivals but it's a better suggestion than anything I can think of.

14 minutes ago, Haggarded said:

If the Arctic Monkeys are one of the Coachella headliners (as rumored), maybe MC have to wait until after they announce for that, which is first week of January.  Since they have no return shows announced, maybe they have a clause in their contract that requires that Coachella be the first.

They're doing shows in the UK, it's just nothing at all is getting announced until January

i think saturday looks the worst right now in terms of clashes (by far the best undercard).

early predictions for now as who could clash with a major main stage name:

for thursday mgmt looks most likely to clash with pearl jam by far, as justice will probably take a late night slot on main. the others wouldn't make much sense... but who knows?

for friday, i guess it very much depends on what we will have as a headliner, but alice in chains looks the most probable. if the headliner is heavier maybe franz ferdinand. or maybe both?

for saturday i think that both jack johnson and rag'n'bone are very suited to clash with the big names. not very interested in any of them so it would be great for me.

if we go further up on the timetable or on the third stage it gets very hard to predict, so i will stop here.

3 hours ago, clasher said:

If we look at the poster we can see there's always 6 acts in the top two lines (including the two missing Friday headliners). Would it be fair to expect those 6 will appear on stages 1&2 and therefore not clash?

Based on last year no, because Alt J and Ryan Adams clashed but were 2nd and 3rd names on the poster for the Friday. Ryan Adams played 3rd/4th Stage.

5 hours ago, clasher said:

If we look at the poster we can see there's always 6 acts in the top two lines (including the two missing Friday headliners). Would it be fair to expect those 6 will appear on stages 1&2 and therefore not clash?

don't think so because more names will come for sure.

i am baffled by the fact that the line up for this is still considered "top heavy" by some. that was a valid accusation for werchter last year, considering oatw and james blake as second and third name on the bill for friday for example. but i don't get it for this one... how many big acts a day do you really need for this to not be top heavy

but i agree the diversity is pretty low (just a few electronic acts, no hip-hop except a spanish guy, almost no pop acts)

Edited by neacaisa