RAF Camora
Rise Against
Stone Sour
Thirty Seconds To Mars
Trailerpark
Ufo361
Walking On Cars
Yung Hurn

It's looking good. Think Rise Against will sub to 30stm and Avenged to the Foos. Marilyn Manson as late night special on alterna and Casper as alterna headliner or sub to Gorillaz. The rest will be spread out mostly on main and alterna I reckon.

Hello everybody,

I want to go to Rock am ring 2018 for the first time this summer, and I really want to see one band in particular : Bullet for my Valentine.

Do you know if later there will be some 1-day tickets on sale ?

And do you know when would we know when each group is going to play (which day) ?

Thank you in advance !

17 minutes ago, piluf said:

Hello everybody,

I want to go to Rock am ring 2018 for the first time this summer, and I really want to see one band in particular : Bullet for my Valentine.

Do you know if later there will be some 1-day tickets on sale ?

And do you know when would we know when each group is going to play (which day) ?

Thank you in advance !

Last year days split and schedule were out In the beginning of April I think.

19 minutes ago, piluf said:

Thank you for your answer ! I'll wait 'til then ... But if there's no 1-day tickets, it will be compromised for me unfortunately ='(

Dont know about Rar but I'm pretty sure every festival has 1-day ticket ;)

17 hours ago, alan_ts said:

Really? I didn't know...very strange.

So @piluf you have to go to RIP instead of Rar and you're fine ;) 

17 hours ago, Mr. luiguibangbang said:

Rock am Ring does not have day tickets only combi tickets but I think Rock in Park it does.

Ok thanks everybody :D I'm from France and I also wait for the line up of Download Festival Paris, maybe they will be there ... it would be closer for me :) Fingers crossed :D

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

Sorry for all the following questions, but really new to this festival...

How do the headliners work for this? They've announced 4 but its only a 3 day festival, do we assume that one day will have both of them back to back as like co-headliners?

Also, does anyone know who might be playing which stages/what clashes there might be. I'm not as big into metal but am really keen on seeing Alexisonfire/Taking Back Sunday/Jimmy Eat World type acts, and then Foo Fighters/Muse/Gorillaz/30STM are all bands I'd want to watch. Is it likely they'd clash or do you think I could expect to see them both? I'm thinking because Foo Fighters and Muse are quite mainstream/accessible rock they might have heavier stuff contrasting them instead?

6 minutes ago, BlackFoxx said:

Sorry for all the following questions, but really new to this festival...

How do the headliners work for this? They've announced 4 but its only a 3 day festival, do we assume that one day will have both of them back to back as like co-headliners?

Also, does anyone know who might be playing which stages/what clashes there might be. I'm not as big into metal but am really keen on seeing Alexisonfire/Taking Back Sunday/Jimmy Eat World type acts, and then Foo Fighters/Muse/Gorillaz/30STM are all bands I'd want to watch. Is it likely they'd clash or do you think I could expect to see them both? I'm thinking because Foo Fighters and Muse are quite mainstream/accessible rock they might have heavier stuff contrasting them instead?

Never been myself and don't have any info on how the headliners might work. But at a guess, 30STM will co-headline with Muse based on their recent tour in the US?

Also considering doing this straight after Slam Dunk. Headliners are great, plus Alexisonfire makes it really tempting. Anyone know much about the differences between the two fest, and maybe which would be best coming from the UK? e.g. flights/transport from nearest airport to festival site. Anyone been before who can comment on the layout and vibe of the fest too - like how many different tents/stages/who is expected to be playing each one, rules on drinking in arena, cost of food, any other entertainment in the arena, all that kinda stuff. Very much new to this festival but lineup is making it very hard to ignore!

4 hours ago, BlackFoxx said:

Also considering doing this straight after Slam Dunk. Headliners are great, plus Alexisonfire makes it really tempting. Anyone know much about the differences between the two fest, and maybe which would be best coming from the UK? e.g. flights/transport from nearest airport to festival site. Anyone been before who can comment on the layout and vibe of the fest too - like how many different tents/stages/who is expected to be playing each one, rules on drinking in arena, cost of food, any other entertainment in the arena, all that kinda stuff. Very much new to this festival but lineup is making it very hard to ignore!

I'm only going to say what people at Rock im Park said to me. They said that Rock am Ring is crazier and has more kids than Rock im Park where Rock im Park is more laidback with more older campers and such. But I have no proof :D 

They both have 3 stages. At Rock im Park it's 2 outdoor and one indoor in an arena and they're all next to each other so you can move easily between them. You can officially bring one liter of water in tetrapack (cartoon box) but unofficially nobody looks what you have in those. I forgot how much was the food but I remember that I wasn't thinking it's outrageously expensive, beer was 4€ (and 1€ more for a cup the first time you buy) for 0.4l. Other entertainment is minimal, there's only one tent between campsites with DJs playing in it. Never went in tho. That's really it. Vibe in the arena is great and campsite except for some random drunken kids that don't even go to see bands. Sound at all 3 stages was great for literally every band I saw in 2016.

Don't know how much Rock am Ring is different but I recommend Rock im Park if you like the lineup

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the reply, all lots of good info. Does anyone have any idea how many more announcements/bands can be expected? Already it looks pretty stacked to me so trying to have realistic expectations of who else might be added. 

7 hours ago, BlackFoxx said:

Thanks for the reply, all lots of good info. Does anyone have any idea how many more announcements/bands can be expected? Already it looks pretty stacked to me so trying to have realistic expectations of who else might be added. 

Probably one more but maybe 1 band for the first 2-3 rows. For the reference, poster before and after the last announcement in 2016:

http://musixphoto.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/large_09b7ff8a168eac8ec959c2bf10caae01.png

https://assets.mlk-festivals.com/rip/poster/29/file/large_cfca4bf08e24360e5d897c6913e8da67.png

On 15/12/2017 at 8:28 PM, BlackFoxx said:

I did Rock Am Ring in 2014. Considering going again. Probably gonna do Argon Events coach if they go again. At Rock Am Ring it's three outdoor stages. The main stage has a traffic light system for the crowds if you want to get to the front you have to go to the side and wait for them to let you through. Second stage is huge but no traffic light system. It's a fairly long walk from the camping to the Arena and the camping is pretty loud. Lots of people bring their own speaker systems and big tents and almost set up their own club tents which go on most of the night. There is a small corner shop and some fast food shops near the camping area. The camping area did have a stage as well but it seemed pretty infrequent having music on there. It's hard to find water at the festival so be careful when it is very hot as there is literally no shade. 2014 was particularly hot and I ended up with heat stroke. People are generally friendly although I did get shouted at by a pretzel vendor for not being able to say Cheese Pretzel properly in German. As far as acts on stages both alternastage and main stage will share some pretty big acts playing at the same time. You'll get one late night headliner on alternastage (I'm assuming Marilyn Manson at the moment). Third stage seems to be mostly small-medium sized heavier acts so the likes of Baroness will probably be on there. Hope that helps a bit.

• Upvote 1

Assume they won't clash acts that are too similar in terms of genre between the main and second stage though right? So I'm not gonna have to pick between Alexisonfire or Taking Back Sunday for example? It'd be more like Taking Back Sunday up against Bullet For My Valentine or someone like that?

24 minutes ago, BlackFoxx said:

Assume they won't clash acts that are too similar in terms of genre between the main and second stage though right? So I'm not gonna have to pick between Alexisonfire or Taking Back Sunday for example? It'd be more like Taking Back Sunday up against Bullet For My Valentine or someone like that?

Yeah most likely. I had a lot of bad clashes but they were for very different bands i.e. Editors vs Kings of Leon. Queens of the Stone Age vs Kings of Leon and Mastodon. Avenged Sevenfold vs Against Me! etc. So you should generally be ok. It's only really third stage that can cause similar genre clashes.