Bestival 2018 incoming!

smogo

Loves me a map .  Quite clever how they've kept the two different festivals sections separate, the lower kids area at CB is now a car park, and the families this week must be wondering what that weird Temple thing is roped-off in the distance.  Couple of observations:

• They've missed Club Dada off.
  • The walking route last year from The Box to Stacey's etc has a wall in the way... Hope that's a map error or else a lot of people will be passing by HMS Bestival.
  • The eco-bond site is even more inaccessible.  Impossible to claim it back before Monday if you're camped in Emerald City, even then it's a 15 minute trudge...

On 7/26/2018 at 8:37 PM, Brave Sir Robin said:

We have a map:

Bestival_2018_Maps.pdf?1532629664

Just had a look at this, its my first time at Bestival but the site looks well laid out.Think i might aim to camp up nearer the entrance in rainbow rave, providing its flat? Cashless system too isnt it? think ive only experienced that before ay Sziget, nice not having to carry cash about.

58 minutes ago, doobie ninja said:

Just had a look at this, its my first time at Bestival but the site looks well laid out.Think i might aim to camp up nearer the entrance in rainbow rave, providing its flat? Cashless system too isnt it? think ive only experienced that before ay Sziget, nice not having to carry cash about.

I'm not sure if it's 'cashless' - Hasn't been before.  I know this year they are having wristbands you can load with money, but don't know if that mean's they've stopped people paying cash like at Standon Calling.  I bloody hope not, as that was a right fuck on.

8 hours ago, GrumpyRaver said:

I'm not sure if it's 'cashless' - Hasn't been before.  I know this year they are having wristbands you can load with money, but don't know if that mean's they've stopped people paying cash like at Standon Calling.  I bloody hope not, as that was a right fuck on.

From what I understand, the bars are entirely cashless. But that’s the only place the wristbands can be used 

2 hours ago, chemica said:

From what I understand, the bars are entirely cashless. But that’s the only place the wristbands can be used 

They've made clear you can still pay by card or cash at the bars., these wristband things are an optional alternative (see http://www.bestival.net/info/cashless-payments). I imagine if they work well they might go entirely cashless next year.

35 minutes ago, matthall95 said:

Sorry if this has been answered before, but will we get any idea of the schedule before the festival or will we have to buy a programme when there? 

In the past they've not released the times until very late (in order to increase programme sales).

The app is supposed to be out..... well... this week. The festival starts on Thursday. Unless they have submitted the 2018 app for review to Apple (App Store) already, then they may not even get it out in time. The apps need to be checked and approved and that can take days!

I hope they manage to sort it in time.

On 10/31/2017 at 11:39 AM, stu_kent said:

This may be so but a few of us have done Glasto, Boomtown, Bestival for the last 3 years and some others I knows that have done Glasto + Boomtown would probably have done Boomtown + Bestival next year.

It's doable when there's a month gap but not when they finish and start in the same week.

The Bestival website gives 1st August as app update day. 

2 hours ago, PorkSoda said:

Anyone last year got any must see smaller venues or bars to go to? 

I’m liking the sound of the funk soul disco place, Stacey’s. Although slightly confused as to how the Club Dada lineup is also supposed to be on in there. Unless they go on all night...

Edited by Brave Sir Robin

19 hours ago, RaphPH said:

Any clear idea of who is playing what day and stage times?

It's a bit vague at this point - and I've bought Saturday 2 for 1 day tickets only

Day splits for the various main stages can be found here: http://www.bestival.net/blog. No times til they go on the app tomorrow night, apparently!!

Edited by Brave Sir Robin