Bestival 2018 incoming!

smogo

3 minutes ago, horsepower said:

Soft cell?

It is possible and would explain why Bestival postponed the announcement but the O2 gig is being billed as a "one night, one final time" gig - as in only reuniting for one gig.

[Marc Almond] described the event as, ‘A one off. The final thing, [for] one night only’.

33 minutes ago, finn_with_1_n said:

It is possible and would explain why Bestival postponed the announcement but the O2 gig is being billed as a "one night, one final time" gig - as in only reuniting for one gig.

It would be one final time in theory....that gig isn’t until the end of September.

I mentioned them a while back as a long shot but Run the Jewels? They are only doing the QOTSA gig at the moment and have most of the summer free

49 minutes ago, BigKev88 said:

It would be one final time in theory....that gig isn’t until the end of September.

Yes I am not denying that. The way I read the announcement of their reunion is that they are only doing one gig but I wouldn't mind being wrong on this one

Well I'm a big fan of Diplo's sets, so that's cool.

However, last time Mark Ronson did a B2B DJ set on the Bestival main stage, he killed the vibe every time it was his turn, by playing something really obvious and dull.

I think this is an interesting booking. When do many festival line ups are so so samey at least Bestival has a slightly different look with it’s top names.

I’ll reserve judgement about watching them until I have heard their stuff but at least it’s not just someone playing everywhere else.

Just now, deadpheasant said:

Same size as The XX, The Cure, Tribe called Quest who all headlined in recent years?

No but it’s not that festival anymore. It’s half the size of the festival that The Cure headlined. It’s now in league with the Y Nots and the Kendal Callings, and they’ve got three headliners not playing anywhere else with a varied and exciting undercard. So for what it is now, I am impressed.

2 minutes ago, deadpheasant said:

I see they've deleted their tweet now.

What's that in reference to?

Anyway, Bestival have just tweeted, "it’s a top secret project to be revealed soon…", so I imagine there's significantly more to Silk City than just Diplo & Ronson on their laptops....

10 minutes ago, smogo said:

What's that in reference to?

Anyway, Bestival have just tweeted, "it’s a top secret project to be revealed soon…", so I imagine there's significantly more to Silk City than just Diplo & Ronson on their laptops....

It’s not that top secret. They’re coming together to do a disco album, and I’d guess when they get going it’ll be at least as big as Jack Ü turned out. So it’ll be one of those where it looks poor to most people now but in August they’ll be all over the airwaves and only at one place in the UK.