Bestival 2018 incoming!

smogo

13 minutes ago, jonnytee1 said:

Many of the headliner suggestions simply don't fit in the letters hidden beneath the obscured area. 

It's clear that there are 4 decent sized letters at the end. 

Arcade Fire - Spice Girls don't seem to fit. MGMT certainly doesn't fit

If it makes anyone fell any better  - Soft cell fits LOL

Yeah but its probably just a load of random letters 

'If the 3rd headliner is a female I'll be shook! And you can accept all the festival awards right now'

Bestival reply with 'hmm... tricky'. 

So the third headliner act may well be male? Unless Bestival are simply saying it's tricky to pick up all the awards. 

Maybe tricky might be a clue that Run DMC are headlining :P (touring, fit the festival vibe, can be built up as the very special guests and seem a far more realistic if not underwhelming option than the likes of arcade fire etc).

9 hours ago, drakeyyy said:

'If the 3rd headliner is a female I'll be shook! And you can accept all the festival awards right now'

So the third headliner act may well be male? Unless Bestival are simply saying it's tricky to pick up all the awards. 

Maybe tricky might be a clue that Run DMC are headlining :P (touring, fit the festival vibe, can be built up as the very special guests and seem a far more realistic if not underwhelming option than the likes of arcade fire etc).

Massive Attack.

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, the wonderwhy said:

What's the reason for not announcing Royal Blood though? Sharing them with Reading (were they're co-headlining, presumably) and so have to wait? 

Seems unlikely

My thought was that the final headliner may not be female/female-fronted and so was held back so that the upper reaches of this announcement were all-female. Or it could have just been what RDB said in the video and they just need to get their rider sorted out and can then announce them.

Regardless, though, I don't think it'll be Royal Blood 

1 hour ago, the wonderwhy said:

just say top ffs 

What happens when we die?
"No, don't ask questions, just make sure you survive"
Lord give me faith so I have boxes to tick
And won't have to suffer the wonderwhy

Bring on the days when I don't give a...
And all I ever seek is pleasure
And I find thrill in sin and desire
And warm my toes on Hell's fire

Don't leave me here when I'm not sold

Don't leave me here
Leave me thinking for myself
When I can't remember the days of the week
The weeks of the month, and the months of the year
Where do we go? Go from here?
Sit writing lists and just wait for things to appear?

Don't leave me here at sixes and sevens
Shot to pieces begging the heavens
Begging hellfire and rattling the gate
Starting a riot and planning escape
Baby's growing up and asking questions
Looking for help for life in lessons
Baby's growing up, a life explosion
Drinking the milk, but locking the bedroom

Don't leave me here, I'm not sold
Don't leave me here, I'm not sold

4 minutes ago, deadpheasant said:

Royal Blood would destroy it at Bestival unfortunately can't see it happening looking at the other acts playing.

Seeing as Mura Masa is playing before I'd assume something like The Chemical Brothers... a DJ duo thing...

Maybe it's The Chainsmokers :(

Lmao that’d be jokes.

But aye, Royal Blood following a potential one-two I’d Thundercat and Mura Masa? Doesn’t seem right. If they were in the offing for a festival to headline on their way to major festivals then it woulda been Latitude and alt-J wouldn’t be booked there.

GUYS I'VE WORKED IT OUT

RUN DMC

EDIT:

On 08/02/2018 at 11:08 PM, drakeyyy said:

Fucks sake you got there first haha

Edited by deadpheasant

10 hours ago, deadpheasant said:

GUYS I'VE WORKED IT OUT

RUN DMC

EDIT:

Fucks sake you got there first haha

Could be....

Also with Royal Blood not announced for Reading does this increase the chances of them being at Bestival perhaps? Rob da Bank has always alluded to the fact he’d like to have a rock headliner (they were going to have Muse once but that went a bit pear shaped).

2 minutes ago, rseamer said:

Could be....

Also with Royal Blood not announced for Reading does this increase the chances of them being at Bestival perhaps? Rob da Bank has always alluded to the fact he’d like to have a rock headliner (they were going to have Muse once but that went a bit pear shaped).

As much as we want it to be Royal Blood it won't be them. Run DMC have a date in London near the time, they fulfill their description in the video & make sense letterwise for the poster. Not to mention Bestival Twitter replying with "tricky" to a comment.