Roskilde 2018

jacjens

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Roskilde lacks 100 names so they can stille make a comeback, but it was indeed sad today, where they announced Khalid and Cardi B and put them as headliners. They got Eminem yesterday so they will sell out without a doubt.

It is a wonderfull festival, and I still hope for a lot of magic in the coming announcement. The young segment must be satisfied now!!! Give me Nick Cave, Jamiroquai & NIN etc.

• 4 weeks later...

Nine Inch Nails, Black Star, Fever Ray, My Bloody Valentine, Peter Sommer, Celeste, 6LACK, AMMAR 808, Dead Cross, El Leopardo, Four Tet, Laurel Halo, MHD, Sampha, Superorganism, Turbolens, Yasmine Hamdan, B From E, Emil Kruse, Fool, Gurli Octavia, Marshall Cecil, Pale Honey, SASSY 009, Simon Littauer, Slægt

These are the 20+. NIN, Fever Ray and Four Tet are pretty cool.

Check out Celeste. They are an awesome live act.

On 28/2/2018 at 7:32 PM, Deckard said:

NIN, Fever Ray, MBV and Four Tet make this an excellent announcement for me. This years line up starting to look much better now and more to come! 

I agree. Roskilde started out strong with announcement, but then came Eminem, and whilst being a great booking we also got Cardi B and Khalid making the poster look very mainstream / popish, but great for selling tickets to the youngsters.

This announcement with NIN, MBV, Black Star, Sampha, Fever Ray and others (depending on taste) got it back on track, and I'm very optimistic.

When the final 88! names are revealed I'm pretty sure Roskilde will once again have one of the most interesting and diverse Line-Ups, where everyone should be able to find bands they like and artists they did not know the liked yet. If you like me enjoy artists in different genres it is just THE festival. There should still be some big names to be announced as well as David Byrne is currently the biggest name on the Friday, and I'm not even sure he should play the Orange stage today. But there is not that many big names touring that have not been announced for a danish festival yet - Mainly Nick Cave, Massive Attack and Jamiroquai as far as I can see. Nick Cave looks likely, but maybe a surprising headliner is still lurking.

With that being said Roskilde have definently missed out on some great bands touring festivals this season (do not want to mention names, but look at Mad Cool)

Edited by jonathansoegaard

• 5 weeks later...

Well happy with Interpol, Massive Attack, Stone Sour, Belly and Tune-yards being added. Plus Nick Cave although I am seeing him at All Points East. Looks like a good line up of world music as well which always provides a few highlights.