Jump to content
DDave

Bilbao BBK Live 2018

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Orens said:

Florence + The Machine is headlining Melt festival in Germany that weekend.

Melt are saying this is the only festival you can see XX and FATM at the same festival so they're ruled out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, DiscothequeDave said:

Melt are saying this is the only festival you can see XX and FATM at the same festival so they're ruled out.

Haven't seen it, but makes sense!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IMG_1767.JPG

This could have put Bilbao back in the running for me, I take it from the font sizes there's another headliner to come as well? 

Edited by alexlloyd
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, alexlloyd said:

This could have put Bilbao back in the running for me, I take it from the font sizes there's another headliner to come as well? 

Hopefully, but they could put Noel and alt-J as co-headliners as they did this year with Die Antwoord and TDCC. Let's wait and see.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tickets go up to €135 (!!) on Monday, that's considerably more than this year, so I guess there is another big act to come, but who knows. If it's €135 for BBK and €155 for Mad Cool in 10 days time, I know which most people will go for...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, gregory said:

Tickets go up to €135 (!!) on Monday, that's considerably more than this year, so I guess there is another big act to come, but who knows. If it's €135 for BBK and €155 for Mad Cool in 10 days time, I know which most people will go for...

The one which has a capacity that's twice as big than the other one? sure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Orens said:

The one which has a capacity that's twice as big than the other one? sure.

The one that has the much better (and bigger) lineup (and that's pretty much objective, not subjective). Regardless of that, personally I would go back to BBK, I like it up that mountain :)

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

€135 is the most expensive price ever set for this festival, so I'm expecting another big headliner too. 

Neither Alt J or Noel will be at the top of the lineup. TDCC were announced as headliners this past edition, and none of them have been announced in those terms. 

In fact, I reckon Noel could be the only subliner announced so far as the names in this lineup follow an alphabetical order. 

Edited by YunT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, gregory said:

The one that has the much better (and bigger) lineup (and that's pretty much objective, not subjective). Regardless of that, personally I would go back to BBK, I like it up that mountain :)

You can't say it's objectively better, it just definitely targets a bigger crowd and appeal to more people. They sell more tickets, therefore their budget is bigger.

BBK seemed to focus on a nice niche last year, I thought Mad Cool's lineup was bigger but a lot of my friends really liked what BBK brought to the table.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah Mad Cool looks better but I'm not gonna compare the two when my BBK ticket was £80. Also I've got return flights for £45 which is daft and I doubt it'd be that cheap to Madrid.

Gorillaz, The xx, David Byrne and Parquet Courts is a great start. I'm not against seeing Noel Gallagher again either and Mexrrissey could be a laugh, hell even Alt-J might be ok as I've never bothered with them before when I've had the chance so at least it's something new. 

Intrigued to see who the last headliner is, hopefully Arctic Monkeys or Arcade Fire are in with a shout.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Odessa said:

Yeah Mad Cool looks better but I'm not gonna compare the two when my BBK ticket was £80. Also I've got return flights for £45 which is daft and I doubt it'd be that cheap to Madrid.

Gorillaz, The xx, David Byrne and Parquet Courts is a great start. I'm not against seeing Noel Gallagher again either and Mexrrissey could be a laugh, hell even Alt-J might be ok as I've never bothered with them before when I've had the chance so at least it's something new. 

Intrigued to see who the last headliner is, hopefully Arctic Monkeys or Arcade Fire are in with a shout.

Yeah man, at the festival this year they were selling tickets for €75 which also upgraded you to a VIP for this year (2017), total bargain. It's a great festival (apart from the €9 beers)

edit: also, I was meh to Alt-J before, but saw them this summer in Croatia and it ended up being one of the best sets I saw all summer, featuring some of the best lighting/set design I've ever seen. Hope you like em

Edited by gregory

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Odessa said:

Intrigued to see who the last headliner is, hopefully Arctic Monkeys or Arcade Fire are in with a shout.

Arcade Fire were BBK 2016's biggest act.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, gregory said:

(apart from the €9 beers)

Really? :blink:

17 minutes ago, Orens said:

Arcade Fire were BBK 2016's biggest act.

Oh, I knew they'd done it before but didn't realise it was that recent. No chance of them then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I went to Nos Alive last year and thought the sound engineering was quite amazing for an outdoor gig. Anybody have any comment on how stage sounds are for BBK. 

Was Depeche mode for you as crystal clear as it was for me last year?

 

Really looking forward to Gorrilaz after listening to the album. David Byrne too wow. Triangulo de amor are pretty great too. Love hearing new bands. 

 

So who do you think is in the running for the final headline spot? I'm still hedging my bets on Yeah Yeah Yeahs. 

As for dance acts i'm thinking Caribou and Apparat and a slice of Jamie xx.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

9 euro beers inside the arena but that included the glass too which you kept throughout the weekend. They did cheaper beer too. Remember you can also take your own beer into the campsite which unlike Benicassim is good temperature for keeping your beer cool during day/night. Mercadona supermarket right next to the coach stop in the centre, 22 cent cans - god I'd go back to BBK, loved it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, alexlloyd said:

Glad to see Jungle are about next Summer!

IMG_2202.JPG

Didn't know Fischerspooner were still alive.

Lineup looks good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, alexlloyd said:

Glad to see Jungle are about next Summer!

IMG_2202.JPG

That's turned a good lineup into a great lineup

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No real rock or heavier influence on the headliners, I think is a poor top three compared to surrounding festivals!
Could have done with a Franz Ferdinand, Queens or something with a bit of grit.
Gutted already got my tickets in, may sell up and hit MadCool.

Anyone who's followed the announcements before know if they will throw any big bands in at this point or is that it for the main event?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They have stated today that there are still headliners to come (on Twitter & Facebook).

It seems like The Chemical Brothers are going to co-headline with The xx (Friday 13th)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...