Bilbao BBK Live 2018

DDave

29 minutes ago, Trk said:

They have stated today that there are still headliners to come (on Twitter & Facebook).

It seems like The Chemical Brothers are going to co-headline with The xx (Friday 13th)

If that's the case that's an amazing announcement! was worrying that it would be too much of a similar thing on the headline slots.

This festival is trying to find it's own target after the appearance of Mad Cool. 

More electronic music, cheaper headliners and targetting younger people. 

For my personal tastes, this festival is dead, but lot of young spanish people love the fact that BBK is sharing headliners with festivals as Low Festival or Sonar instead sharing them with Mad Cool or Nos Alive. 

Edited by johnybegood
  • Downvote 1

I wouldn't say these are cheaper headliners, right now we have Gorillaz on one hand and The xx+Chemical Brothers on the other. They are not as expensive as The Killers, Depeche Mode or Muse maybe, but any of the headline comps we have this year is above Pixies, The Prodigy, Franz Ferdinand, The Jesus and Mary Chain, Die Antwoord+TDCC... (all of those were headliners on previous years).

Anyway, I agree that they are approaching a slightly different target with this more "electronic" line-up.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Trk said:

I wouldn't say these are cheaper headliners, right now we have Gorillaz on one hand and The xx+Chemical Brothers on the other. They are not as expensive as The Killers, Depeche Mode or Muse maybe, but any of the headline comps we have this year is above Pixies, The Prodigy, Franz Ferdinand, The Jesus and Mary Chain, Die Antwoord+TDCC... (all of those were headliners on previous years).

Anyway, I agree that they are approaching a slightly different target with this more "electronic" line-up.

I hate it when festivals make the changeover, most people buying tickets will look at previous years to decide! when you see bands like the pixies and muse you don expect to buy your tickets and get a full electronic headline set. 

still hoping for some good filler 'bands' or its Mad Cool for me.

Is this the same set up as benicassim where the headliners are on then a DJ set/ act are on afterwards? if that's the case could chemical bros move up into that slot?

7 minutes ago, Jimmyren said:

I hate it when festivals make the changeover, most people buying tickets will look at previous years to decide! when you see bands like the pixies and muse you don expect to buy your tickets and get a full electronic headline set. 

still hoping for some good filler 'bands' or its Mad Cool for me.

Is this the same set up as benicassim where the headliners are on then a DJ set/ act are on afterwards? if that's the case could chemical bros move up into that slot?

https:///s/bbkmmxvii/:)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Países Bajos said:

Lana del Rey
Wilco / Alt-J / Los Planetas

The XX / The Chemical Brothers
David Byrne / The Vaccines

Gorillaz
Noel Gallagher / Childish Gambino / Stereophonics

What’s the thinking behind this one, prediction or rumour?

No chance they will follow David Byrne with chemical brothers! 

2 minutes ago, Jimmyren said:

What’s the thinking behind this one, prediction or rumour?

No chance they will follow David Byrne with chemical brothers! 

I think maybe this poster is part of the influx of randomers from the mad cool thread. I wouldn't take it as gospel truth. But who knows right?

although the GF would love Lana Del Ray, i think this won't happen as the remaining headliner should be a rock act? To balance out the days. 

Really hoping for yeah yeah yeahs as the final headliner. 

Edited by Rico_Pliskin

8 minutes ago, Rico_Pliskin said:

I think maybe this poster is part of the influx of randomers from the mad cool thread. I wouldn't take it as gospel truth. But who knows right?

although the GF would love Lana Del Ray, i think this won't happen as the remaining headliner should be a rock act? To balance out the days. 

Really hoping for yeah yeah yeahs as the final headliner. 

Yeah it’s a bit too mismatched for my liking, Wilko above alt-j is a bit wild as well, I’m sure bbk will go for relevance over status!

totally agree with you mate, has to be a heavier announcement to level the playing field.

Yeah yeah yeahs would be sweet mind!!

• Like 1

Childish Gambino? Really. 

Id be very welcome to that lineup.

stereophonics on a sunny day would be great. Though where’s the rock headliner. 

Looking over the past couple of years there’s pretty much always a rock headliner? Are Gorrilaz the offering for rock this year? Like they’re great but mellow.

Edited by Rico_Pliskin

Now that we have a leaked announcement from Beni who do we think remains that will cross over to Bilbao. 

Still thinking Yeah Yeah Yeahs as it's slim that Primavera will have them. St Vincent (i know she plays Vida) , Prophets Of Rage, MO, Angus & Julia Stone and The National. Share Shame and Everything Everything with Beni?

Primavera may share a headliner like in previous years?

Any shouts to keep the hype going?

15 minutes ago, Rico_Pliskin said:

Now that we have a leaked announcement from Beni who do we think remains that will cross over to Bilbao. 

Still thinking Yeah Yeah Yeahs as it's slim that Primavera will have them. St Vincent (i know she plays Vida) , Prophets Of Rage, MO, Angus & Julia Stone and The National. Share Shame and Everything Everything with Beni?

Primavera may share a headliner like in previous years?

Any shouts to keep the hype going?

The National are playing PS, so they will be shared with BBK. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Odessa said:

They haven't shared headliners the last couple of years have they? What's the thinking here? Or do you know for a fact it's The National?

Both festivals shared Tame Impala in 2016 and alt-J (although not a BBK headliner) in 2015. Fleet Foxes were supposed to play PS 2017 but a family wedding to one of them prevented it at the last minute, so they played Vida instead.

I don't know if The Nat will be shared, what I meant is - they won't be exclusives to BBK. They play July 13th at NOS Alive, so if the day splits work out - I think they will play BBK.

• Upvote 2