Bilbao BBK Live 2018

DDave

• 2 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, alexlloyd said:

This could have put Bilbao back in the running for me, I take it from the font sizes there's another headliner to come as well? 

Hopefully, but they could put Noel and alt-J as co-headliners as they did this year with Die Antwoord and TDCC. Let's wait and see.

1 hour ago, gregory said:

Tickets go up to €135 (!!) on Monday, that's considerably more than this year, so I guess there is another big act to come, but who knows. If it's €135 for BBK and €155 for Mad Cool in 10 days time, I know which most people will go for...

The one which has a capacity that's twice as big than the other one? sure.

25 minutes ago, Orens said:

The one which has a capacity that's twice as big than the other one? sure.

The one that has the much better (and bigger) lineup (and that's pretty much objective, not subjective). Regardless of that, personally I would go back to BBK, I like it up that mountain :)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

€135 is the most expensive price ever set for this festival, so I'm expecting another big headliner too. 

Neither Alt J or Noel will be at the top of the lineup. TDCC were announced as headliners this past edition, and none of them have been announced in those terms. 

In fact, I reckon Noel could be the only subliner announced so far as the names in this lineup follow an alphabetical order. 

Edited by YunT

8 hours ago, gregory said:

The one that has the much better (and bigger) lineup (and that's pretty much objective, not subjective). Regardless of that, personally I would go back to BBK, I like it up that mountain :)

You can't say it's objectively better, it just definitely targets a bigger crowd and appeal to more people. They sell more tickets, therefore their budget is bigger.

BBK seemed to focus on a nice niche last year, I thought Mad Cool's lineup was bigger but a lot of my friends really liked what BBK brought to the table.

Yeah Mad Cool looks better but I'm not gonna compare the two when my BBK ticket was £80. Also I've got return flights for £45 which is daft and I doubt it'd be that cheap to Madrid.

Gorillaz, The xx, David Byrne and Parquet Courts is a great start. I'm not against seeing Noel Gallagher again either and Mexrrissey could be a laugh, hell even Alt-J might be ok as I've never bothered with them before when I've had the chance so at least it's something new. 

Intrigued to see who the last headliner is, hopefully Arctic Monkeys or Arcade Fire are in with a shout.

8 hours ago, Odessa said:

Yeah Mad Cool looks better but I'm not gonna compare the two when my BBK ticket was £80. Also I've got return flights for £45 which is daft and I doubt it'd be that cheap to Madrid.

Gorillaz, The xx, David Byrne and Parquet Courts is a great start. I'm not against seeing Noel Gallagher again either and Mexrrissey could be a laugh, hell even Alt-J might be ok as I've never bothered with them before when I've had the chance so at least it's something new. 

Intrigued to see who the last headliner is, hopefully Arctic Monkeys or Arcade Fire are in with a shout.

Yeah man, at the festival this year they were selling tickets for €75 which also upgraded you to a VIP for this year (2017), total bargain. It's a great festival (apart from the €9 beers)

edit: also, I was meh to Alt-J before, but saw them this summer in Croatia and it ended up being one of the best sets I saw all summer, featuring some of the best lighting/set design I've ever seen. Hope you like em

Edited by gregory

So I went to Nos Alive last year and thought the sound engineering was quite amazing for an outdoor gig. Anybody have any comment on how stage sounds are for BBK. 

Was Depeche mode for you as crystal clear as it was for me last year?

Really looking forward to Gorrilaz after listening to the album. David Byrne too wow. Triangulo de amor are pretty great too. Love hearing new bands. 

So who do you think is in the running for the final headline spot? I'm still hedging my bets on Yeah Yeah Yeahs. 

As for dance acts i'm thinking Caribou and Apparat and a slice of Jamie xx.

9 euro beers inside the arena but that included the glass too which you kept throughout the weekend. They did cheaper beer too. Remember you can also take your own beer into the campsite which unlike Benicassim is good temperature for keeping your beer cool during day/night. Mercadona supermarket right next to the coach stop in the centre, 22 cent cans - god I'd go back to BBK, loved it!

• 3 weeks later...

No real rock or heavier influence on the headliners, I think is a poor top three compared to surrounding festivals!
Could have done with a Franz Ferdinand, Queens or something with a bit of grit.
Gutted already got my tickets in, may sell up and hit MadCool.

Anyone who's followed the announcements before know if they will throw any big bands in at this point or is that it for the main event?